Political future of Mandela Barnes?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:07:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Political future of Mandela Barnes?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Political future of Mandela Barnes?  (Read 780 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 28, 2022, 11:30:11 AM »

What is Mandela Barnes’ political future?
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 11:32:13 AM »

Can't imagine he'll have much, if any, future outside of maybe running for local office in Milwaukee?
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2022, 11:33:38 AM »

Running for Gwen Moore’s seat when she retires?
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2022, 01:41:46 PM »

Running for Gwen Moore’s seat when she retires?
My thought as well.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2022, 02:40:14 PM »

Could pull a John James and run for a House seat. I think he might also try again to win RoJo's senate seat in 2028 when the latter either retires or he just challenges him again. Barnes would just 42 then.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2022, 02:47:24 PM »

Could pull a John James and run for a House seat. I think he might also try again to win RoJo's senate seat in 2028 when the latter either retires or he just challenges him again. Barnes would just 42 then.

Obviously, run for Gov in 2026
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2022, 12:34:55 AM »

His loss was close enough that I can see him waging another credible statewide bid when there's an opportunity, although I doubt he'll get another cleared field.
Dani Rose
danixander92
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2022, 01:37:23 AM »

He's tailor-made for Moore's seat and young enough that he could use it as a springboard for another high-profile statewide run later on.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2022, 09:57:47 AM »

I feel like he made a strategic mistake by running for senate this years already. Should have stuck with the LG job for 4 more years and run for governor in 2026. Another candidate may actually have won against Johnson, given he just fell short by around 30k.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2022, 10:02:03 AM »

I feel like he made a strategic mistake by running for senate this years already. Should have stuck with the LG job for 4 more years and run for governor in 2026. Another candidate may actually have won against Johnson, given he just fell short by around 30k.

Lol, we have Warnock in the Senate that's getting ready to win reelection, Barnes lost in WOW counties due to Kenosha did he make a mistake then LAXALT made a mistake we should run more minority candidates Wes Moore got elected no Kenosha in Baltimore or DC it was an insurrection, John Love III has an outstanding chance to upset Cruz we have a better chance in TX than FL because we lost TX by 111 and FL by 20 and John Love has been endorsed by Colin ALRED

We aren't finished in red America why because Biden is back on the ballot and we won NC in 20 with Biden on the ballot as opposed to 22

I think pollsters that say Biden Approvals are 37/57 like IPSOS are confusing it with right track wrong track because Fetterman won by the same exact margin Obama won 2012 51/47 if we win.PA that's the Eday
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2022, 10:23:20 AM »

Moving to Georgia.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2022, 11:25:05 AM »

Maybe he could be mayor of Milwaukee? But the current mayor (Cavalier Johnson) is only 36 so he could be there awhile
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2022, 03:07:15 PM »

Not necessarily. If 2026 was a second Biden midterm and after eight years of Evers, Barnes as gubernatorial nominee might very well have lost to the Republican candidate unless that one is a complete wacko.

I more feel like 2022 was a missed chance since Barnes could have run a better campaign. He should have painted RoJo more as a typical career politician that broke his two-term pledge just to stay in power. Someone deeper into Wisconsin local politics might correct me, but I believe that could have been a resonating message.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2022, 06:05:29 PM »
« Edited: November 29, 2022, 06:11:22 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Not necessarily. If 2026 was a second Biden midterm and after eight years of Evers, Barnes as gubernatorial nominee might very well have lost to the Republican candidate unless that one is a complete wacko.

I more feel like 2022 was a missed chance since Barnes could have run a better campaign. He should have painted RoJo more as a typical career politician that broke his two-term pledge just to stay in power. Someone deeper into Wisconsin local politics might correct me, but I believe that could have been a resonating message.

Johnson won because of R Gerrymandering of WI and Kenosha happened and Barnes was connected with BLM and Barnes didn't ask for Biden help like DEMINGS, Beasley and Ryan whom all lost Fetterman won and campaigned with Biden and that was their choice, also Obama came in to campaign for Barnes

If it were me I would have asked for Biden help, users forget that Rs didn't win WI by themselves R SCOTUS Gerrymandering it by Kavanaugh, Trump right hand man whom was put on Crt WI is more gerrymandering than MI and PA it's like IA and IN and OJ gerrymandering

But Brown whom is running in a Prez yr is running in a more fav environment than Ryan, Biden is on the Ballot and DeWine isn't and Trump or DeSantis won't win OH by 20 if the rave is close OH is a swing state like NC, FL and TX

There is a pathway to keep the Senate if the PVI is 5 pts like 2012 which  Obama won we can keep the Sen Manchin, Brown and Tester all won with Obama PVI +5 in 2012 but I am rooting for John Love too.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2022, 09:40:26 PM »

His immediate future probably depends on whether Tammy Baldwin is on the ticket or in a second term Biden Administration. Barnes would be very likely to either be the replacement Senate nominee, or the appointed Senator to replace Baldwin in that scenario.

Other than that, there's the possibility he could be a Secretary of Housing and Urban Development in a Biden Second Term, or in the Administration of another Democratic President, or being from Wisconsin, possibly Secretary of Agriculture instead.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2022, 08:00:31 AM »

Tammy Baldwin is running for reelection there is a open Gov race in 26, Sara Rodriguez is obviously the frontrunner but Barnes can win it, unlike OH where Renacci is fav regardless of Ryan runs or not Ds are favs to win the WI gov race
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2022, 04:54:10 PM »

Dude lost by 1% to a multi-term incumbent US Senator in a neutralish (at best) year in a battleground state, he deserves another shot at something meaningful down the line if he wants it IMO.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies