Nina Turner weighs primary challenge against Biden
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:33:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Nina Turner weighs primary challenge against Biden
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Nina Turner weighs primary challenge against Biden  (Read 1706 times)
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2022, 03:07:29 PM »

The ancestors of your party would turn their back to you in their grave
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2022, 03:11:55 PM »

She should weigh retiring from politics entirely
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2022, 05:27:33 PM »

Jerome Segal is far better than Turner and it is a shame that Nina Turner is taking his place as a more left wing challegner to Biden for what little space there is of a left wing challenger even if I disagree with Segal on a lot and wouldn't vote for/support him.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2022, 09:06:20 PM »

Nina Turner is a joke.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2022, 09:17:33 PM »

I like her passion, she should have been DNC chair, but she ruined that by endorsing Bernie in 2016 and 2020.

She needs to remain a commentator.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2022, 02:41:12 PM »

I like her passion, she should have been DNC chair, but she ruined that by endorsing Bernie in 2016 and 2020.

She needs to remain a commentator.

Nina Turner being DNC Chair would be the equivalent of Mike Lindell being RNC Chair on the other side of the aisle. A complete and total joke.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2022, 09:12:07 PM »

Cool.
Fuzzy Stands With His Friend, Chairman Sanchez
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2022, 11:41:00 PM »

Endorsed!

(Not really, but it would be a hoot!)
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2022, 01:16:06 AM »

What just happened with the rail workers is why id vote for Nina if she runs. Its a matter of principle. one paid sick day for rail workers is horrific. Biden knew their was no real justification for sending it to congress too.

What this demonstrates is that Biden actually, more or less, lives up to his reputation as being a labor hack?
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2022, 08:49:22 AM »

The ticket will be Warnock/Yang. You know this!
ReallySuper
El Salvador

Political Matrix
E: -8.06, S: -7.39

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2022, 09:40:21 PM »

I've had my frustrations with Biden, but even at my most pissed-off moments during the summer I would not have considered Nina Turner as even a remotely acceptable alternative. She is a deeply, deeply unserious person who would be better off being jettisoned from the party entirely.

Don’t worry, I’m sure she’ll have left by her own accord by the end of the decade - she’s still the politician who seems most likely to be courted by the Greens for their own nomination at some point in the 20s or 30s.

i really don't get why people think this is at all even a possibility, far less a likely one. the greens are fortunately not as stupid as everyone seems to believe they are, and nina turner would never win a green primary against literally any actual party member (particularly later in this decade or the next, when she will have faded into political irrelevancy even more completely than she already has).
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2022, 03:36:03 PM »

I’m sure Biden is quaking in his boots.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2022, 03:48:28 PM »

If she runs im all in. She obviously won't win or do particularly well but her running gives the chance to win delegates and give progressives a seat at the table when it comes to the platform and the better she does the more Biden will have to appeal to the left. My support for organized Labor is one of my top issues because of my job and what he did with the rail workers this week was pretty unforgivable. I'll vote for Biden in the general but he's not entitled to my vote in the primary that's something he's gotta earn and he hasn't done that.

Lol, Bernie basically got to write the 2020 platform, and look at how much good that's done us... Platforms and 'having a seat at the table' are useless.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2022, 06:18:17 PM »

If she runs im all in. She obviously won't win or do particularly well but her running gives the chance to win delegates and give progressives a seat at the table when it comes to the platform and the better she does the more Biden will have to appeal to the left. My support for organized Labor is one of my top issues because of my job and what he did with the rail workers this week was pretty unforgivable. I'll vote for Biden in the general but he's not entitled to my vote in the primary that's something he's gotta earn and he hasn't done that.

Lol, Bernie basically got to write the 2020 platform, and look at how much good that's done us... Platforms and 'having a seat at the table' are useless.
Student debt relief and the freeing of nonviolent drug offenders, not everything we wanted but its something. If you're not at the table you are on the menu.
What just happened with the rail workers is why id vote for Nina if she runs. Its a matter of principle. one paid sick day for rail workers is horrific. Biden knew their was no real justification for sending it to congress too.

What this demonstrates is that Biden actually, more or less, lives up to his reputation as being a labor hack?
Your reading this wrong. 1992 Biden was against congress ending the rail strike and wrote an article about how bringing to congress would allow an unfavorable deal for the striking workers. 2022 Biden does exactly what he warned against and negotiated a deal with just one day of paid sick leave.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies