Democrats prepare to boot Iowa from “first in the nation” status (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:52:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Democrats prepare to boot Iowa from “first in the nation” status (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democrats prepare to boot Iowa from “first in the nation” status  (Read 3095 times)
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: December 02, 2022, 12:54:36 AM »

“President Biden has asked leaders of the Democratic National Committee to make South Carolina the nation’s first primary state, followed by New Hampshire and Nevada a week later, and hold subsequent weekly primaries in Georgia and Michigan,” the Washington Post reports.

South Carolina was the state that sparked Biden's comeback in the 2020 Primary.  NH will surely fight for their primary to go first, so SC may get bumped to 2nd.  But either way seems fine to me.  I take this as a sign Michigan will be in the early mix of states, but probably 4th after the smaller states (NH, SC, NV) have gone.

I hope this is a sign we are dumping Iowa.

That would be a boost for esatblishment Democrats while picking a state that is demographically unrepresentative of the party, like Iowa.

Can't we just do two states at once ?

Michigan AND South Carolina ? For the first set of contests ?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies