Democrats prepare to boot Iowa from “first in the nation” status (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:56:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Democrats prepare to boot Iowa from “first in the nation” status (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democrats prepare to boot Iowa from “first in the nation” status  (Read 3171 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 29, 2022, 06:50:52 PM »

I'm going to say that at this point, New Hampshire should move up to first (since it's rather clear that stripping of them of their delegates won't deter them, and candidates of both parties will campaign there anyways).

So, my ideal order for the early states would be:

1.New Hampshire

2. South Carolina

3. Michigan

4. Arizona
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2022, 07:30:57 PM »

That infamous law that mandates New Hampshire be the first primary in the nation, is it constitutional?
Because I read that Michigan will challenge it in court if NH refuses to accede to DNC's calendar.

It almost certainly isn't.

However, I imagine the Supreme Court, assuming the case got there, likely wouldn't rule on this anyways, viewing it as a political question that they have no jurisdiction over.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2022, 10:38:43 PM »

Then prepare to have no Congressional Representation as long Democrats control either house of Congress (which is what Democrats should do if they have the spine to stand up to New Hampshire).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies