Which State would you rather live in: Michigan or Florida (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:58:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Which State would you rather live in: Michigan or Florida (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which State would you rather live in
Michigan

Florida

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 91

Author Topic: Which State would you rather live in: Michigan or Florida  (Read 2608 times)
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« on: December 01, 2022, 02:23:39 AM »

If somebody likes hot weather or cold weather or whatever… let them f****** like it. There is no use  arguing about it. I tend to prefer warm and humid climates. That made Virginia very appealing to me in the summer Just like Saint Louis.

I have been to both Michigan and Florida. I really loved the upper peninsula but I do not say much attractive about the rest of the state. But I could see myself living in Michigan. On the other hand , Florida does have excellent water sports, a lot of wildlife, and I did like Miami a lot. However, Florida is a bit too flat and not seen it enough for me overall. The weather in Florida would be a huge plus.

I'd choose Florida, but barely. I could live in either state.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2022, 01:54:37 PM »

I will probably visit Detroit area at some point. I have only been to the UP.

But here are some pictures I took from the Upper Peninsula.

jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2022, 11:38:50 AM »

This thread is so dumb it made me recommend a Xahar post.

The Florida hatred is silly in my view.  It is not my ideal state, but it is certainly a state with heavy pros.

Looking at turnout differential in 2022, it is still certainly more gettable for Democrats than most states Trump won in 2020. So bashing it due to 2022 results is borderline silly.

The biggest myth is that Florida has no nature or natural beauty. That is a flat out lie. The wild life viewing is incredible. It is green virtually the whole year, especially in South Florida. Even if January is a little dicey with that. For me personally, the warm humid climate is a pro.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies