Which State would you rather live in: Michigan or Florida (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:11:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Which State would you rather live in: Michigan or Florida (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which State would you rather live in
Michigan

Florida

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 91

Author Topic: Which State would you rather live in: Michigan or Florida  (Read 2586 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: December 01, 2022, 12:44:39 AM »

They also have actual seasons

Yes, and one is them is called "spend all day shoveling snow."

What.

I've never spent a whole day shoveling snow in an even snowier climate. In fact I never really shovel at all except when it's necessary to get my car out.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 12:05:56 PM »

What.

I've never spent a whole day shoveling snow in an even snowier climate. In fact I never really shovel at all except when it's necessary to get my car out.

In fairness Michigan has some of the snowiest places on the planet. Grand Rapids has 26 inches more of snow on average than Minneapolis, and 12 more snowy days. Lake effect snow is very powerful.
Then they must be even more prepared to clear it than Minneapolis is. Even after a huge snowfall it all gets cleared in like two days anyway. There's no reason for anyone who isn't a municipal employee or private property owner to spend all day shoveling. Actually even they don't, they just use a snowblower for most of it. Shoveling is just for things like clearing your driveway if you have one or digging your car out on the street.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022, 03:45:15 PM »

What.

In fairness Michigan has some of the snowiest places on the planet. Grand Rapids has 26 inches more of snow on average than Minneapolis, and 12 more snowy days. Lake effect snow is very powerful.
Then they must be even more prepared to clear it than Minneapolis is. Even after a huge snowfall it all gets cleared in like two days anyway. There's no reason for anyone who isn't a municipal employee or private property owner to spend all day shoveling. Actually even they don't, they just use a snowblower for most of it. Shoveling is just for things like clearing your driveway if you have one or digging your car out on the street.

Yes, and who wants to do that?
No one but having to dig my car out like four days a year is a lot preferable to living in f[inks]ing Florida.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2022, 02:00:15 PM »

Surprised no one has mentioned that weed is legal in Michigan and Florida has some of the most draconian weed laws in the country.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2022, 04:37:25 PM »

It’s kinda funny to see conservatives absolutely meltdown over the fact that not everyone wants to live   in a far-right swamp. Like they’re perfectly willing to accept that not everyone wants to live in California or New York or whatever, but if we suggest that we’d prefer to live somewhere other than the white trash capital of America, we must be coping or lying.

This forum 2 years ago voted that West Virginia was a better state than Florida. So this forum does have a hate boner for Florida.

It's always amusing to watch the Red Atlas' contrived reactions to this hugely successful, dynamic and diverse state.  They hate it so much only because of how it has consistently shifted away from their party for over 20 years now, exposing their "demographics is destiny" hubris.

I've been dumping on Florida LONG before DeSantis or Trump: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=80166.0
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies