Outside Texas, do Dems have any realistic Senate pickup opportunities? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:16:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Outside Texas, do Dems have any realistic Senate pickup opportunities? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Outside Texas, do Dems have any realistic Senate pickup opportunities?  (Read 1461 times)
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« on: November 28, 2022, 07:40:47 AM »

I'd be interested in seeing the margin of a Jim Hood vs. Cindy Hyde-Smith Senate race in Mississippi.

I doubt Hood would do much better than Espy in 2020.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 08:20:13 AM »

I'd say we better find someone who can defeat Ted Cruz within the next few months. Anything else requires something extraordinary.

Agreed.  Even that probably requires Dems to win TX or come within a point at the presidential level.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2022, 07:50:13 AM »

Democrats really blew it in recent races

WI in 2022. Maine and NC in 2020.

I’ll give them a pass on WI 2022 given how well they did in other close races this year.  ME 2020 remains inexcusable given Biden’s margin and Gideon’s polling lead.  Biden needed to come in and campaign for Gideon or at least cut ads for her to get more of his voters to vote against Collins.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies