How did people with various facial hair styles vote?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:43:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  How did people with various facial hair styles vote?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How did people with various facial hair styles vote?  (Read 2629 times)
TransfemmeGoreVidal
Fulbright DNC
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 27, 2023, 12:52:46 PM »

Not sure but i'm inclined to think that goatees=Sold Biden and Handlebar Moustaches=Solid Trump
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2023, 01:47:06 PM »

Since men voted for Trump by 8 points overall, I'm going to guess that most facial hair groups also went for Trump, with maybe a couple going for Biden, but none stand out to me.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2023, 06:18:04 PM »

Mustache feels like a pro-Biden demographic relative to others. Combination of (1) being more common in the gay community and (2) recently having a renaissance particularly among young voters. Both of these communities should skew heavily to Biden. But I suppose it's also possible that this demographic is whiter than the whole population of males, in which case they might be favorable to Trump.

But in 2016, before it became trendy, I bet both of these groups were a lot smaller. Wouldn't be surprised if in 2016 the mustachio-ed population skewed much older and stereotypically "white working class" than it does now.
MyLifeIsYours
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -6.61

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2023, 07:34:07 PM »

Clean shaven would be very Republican demographic. Think about the military or business environments where they enforce strict facial hair policies.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2023, 05:21:42 PM »

Clean shaven would be very Republican demographic. Think about the military or business environments where they enforce strict facial hair policies.

It's still not entirely clear to this day which candidate active duty military voted for, but there is some evidence suggesting they voted for Biden overall.
WalterWhite
United States
Political Matrix
E: -9.35, S: -9.83

P
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2023, 05:27:10 PM »

It's still not entirely clear to this day which candidate active duty military voted for, but there is some evidence suggesting they voted for Biden overall.

Do you have links? I imagine active duty military would be a Republican-leaning group overall because Republicans are generally more supportive of increased military spending. I imagine that Trump's opposition to mail-in ballots might have hurt Trump's performance dramatically with this group of voters, though.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2023, 07:01:11 PM »

Do you have links? I imagine active duty military would be a Republican-leaning group overall because Republicans are generally more supportive of increased military spending. I imagine that Trump's opposition to mail-in ballots might have hurt Trump's performance dramatically with this group of voters, though.

Trump election deniers whined about the military ballots apparently leaning towards Biden

Last poll before the election showed active duty military preferred Biden by 6 points

Also it's known that several military bases and places with heavy military presence, such as Virginia Beach, swung heavily towards/flipped to Biden in 2020.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2023, 08:19:35 PM »

How did guys with big sideburns vote?
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2023, 09:46:18 PM »

On the flipside, though, the military draws a lot of NCOs from disproportionately poorer and non-white areas, which will generally (but obviously not universally) lean Democratic. Granted, the military is also disproportionately male. Fortunately, I don't really think the military as a whole leans strongly one way or the other, and I think that's one of the biggest natural defenses we have as a country against anyone trying to enforce a dictatorial rule.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2023, 11:32:35 AM »

Trump election deniers whined about the military ballots apparently leaning towards Biden

Last poll before the election showed active duty military preferred Biden by 6 points

Also it's known that several military bases and places with heavy military presence, such as Virginia Beach, swung heavily towards/flipped to Biden in 2020.
Remember also that the military is less white, younger, and more educated (you have to have an HS diploma to enlist and a college degree to become and officer) than the population as a whole so it stands to reason Trump would do poorly with them.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2023, 08:34:42 PM »

It is clear that younger men are much likelier to have facial hair: here you can find data to support this point. It stands to reason that men with facial hair would be more Democratic than men without facial hair.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies