Opinion of vintage permabanned posters: Reaganfan/Naso
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:37:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of vintage permabanned posters: Reaganfan/Naso
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Opinion of vintage permabanned posters: Reaganfan/Naso
Freedom Fighter

Horrible Person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 72

Author Topic: Opinion of vintage permabanned posters: Reaganfan/Naso  (Read 2081 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2022, 09:42:45 PM »

An unrepentingly racist and anti-semitic s*** bag of the lowest order, and dumb as a stump to boot.

This thread is about Reaganfan, not you.

Is coming from one of first and most unrepentant bigots on atlas? I have done well!
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2022, 11:07:22 PM »

Reaganfan was banned at a time when moderators seemed to be actively looking to ban certain posters (and getting a lot of backup from the some of the worst of the Left here).  Why exactly he was permabanned I don't know, but it came not long after Famous Mortimer was permabanned.  After he was permabanned, a few of the worst here suggested that I should be permabanned next.

I don't know why he was Permabanned.  Given what has recently transpired, I doubt that the decision was the only one possible.  There's always a reason to ban Reaganfan and sanction fhtagn and Mr. Reactionary, but there's always a reason that Badger, Ferguson97, and others are ever sanctioned.  I'll leave it at that.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2022, 11:26:52 PM »

All of those gross opinions he had made me dislike him, but now that I know he made a sock account I really think he deserves that ban
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2022, 01:16:38 AM »

Reaganfan was banned at a time when moderators seemed to be actively looking to ban certain posters (and getting a lot of backup from the some of the worst of the Left here).  Why exactly he was permabanned I don't know, but it came not long after Famous Mortimer was permabanned.  After he was permabanned, a few of the worst here suggested that I should be permabanned next.

Naso and Mortimer were completely different situations from you. I wasn't a mod at the time but I supported and still support both of those bans. I vigorously opposed the idea of banning you then and vigorously oppose it now.

Reaganfan got overtly antisemitic. The posts can't be accessed now because, well, they were deleted, but they were bad. With Mortimer the problem--and the reason an admittedly somewhat threadbare excuse for his ban had to be trotted out--was that he deliberately spaced out racist, sexist, and religiously prejudiced remarks (including against conservative Christians on at least a couple of occasions!) widely enough that the normal pattern of escalating sanctions couldn't be implemented. This has been an attested strategy of evading mod action on this forum for a very long time, so it isn't something that the mods just made up while attempting to wrap their heads around Mortimer's posting style.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2022, 04:23:55 PM »

Mike Naso (rhymes with peso) Mike Naso (rhymes with peso) Mike Naso (rhymes with peso) Mike Naso (rhymes with peso)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2022, 04:34:19 PM »

Naso and Mortimer were completely different situations from you. I wasn't a mod at the time but I supported and still support both of those bans. I vigorously opposed the idea of banning you then and vigorously oppose it now.

Reaganfan got overtly antisemitic. The posts can't be accessed now because, well, they were deleted, but they were bad. With Mortimer the problem--and the reason an admittedly somewhat threadbare excuse for his ban had to be trotted out--was that he deliberately spaced out racist, sexist, and religiously prejudiced remarks (including against conservative Christians on at least a couple of occasions!) widely enough that the normal pattern of escalating sanctions couldn't be implemented. This has been an attested strategy of evading mod action on this forum for a very long time, so it isn't something that the mods just made up while attempting to wrap their heads around Mortimer's posting style.

A threadbare excuse never seems to be used on, say, ProudModerate2, or Badger, or even R. P. McM who had few friends here, but it took pulling teeth to ban him.

When you say that (and I appreciate your honesty), you are saying that the moderators "do it because they can".  I recognize that this is the way with a lot of the world, but it does seem to stick in my craw when (A) it's seemingly done only to conservative-leaning posters and (B) it's never done to the posters who are the worst with personal attacks, trolling other posters, libeling other posters, and just being lousy human beings (all the while virtue-signaling about how others are racists and transphobes).  So, yes, this does bother me.  Perhaps I shall learn to chalk this up as to "taking this sinful world as Jesus did, and not as I would have it".  (That's part of the Serenity Prayer they never say at 12 step meetings, as it would scare people almost as much as "Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace".)  

If I've been a bit intense in my responses over recent weeks, think how it rubs people when they deal with people who "do it because they can" or "don't do it because they can".  This is a thorn in my side because whatever my faults in life, I have spent a lifetime cultivating and guarding a reputation for fairness and justice in my dealings, and that's an expectation I have of others.  I suppose that everyone has their area of disappointment they have to live in for one reason or another.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2022, 04:39:52 PM »

Reaganfan was banned at a time when moderators seemed to be actively looking to ban certain posters (and getting a lot of backup from the some of the worst of the Left here).  Why exactly he was permabanned I don't know, but it came not long after Famous Mortimer was permabanned.  After he was permabanned, a few of the worst here suggested that I should be permabanned next.

A threadbare excuse never seems to be used on, say, ProudModerate2, or Badger, or even R. P. McM who had few friends here, but it took pulling teeth to ban him.

When you say that (and I appreciate your honesty), you are saying that the moderators "do it because they can".  I recognize that this is the way with a lot of the world, but it does seem to stick in my craw when (A) it's seemingly done only to conservative-leaning posters and (B) it's never done to the posters who are the worst with personal attacks, trolling other posters, libeling other posters, and just being lousy human beings (all the while virtue-signaling about how others are racists and transphobes).  So, yes, this does bother me.  Perhaps I shall learn to chalk this up as to "taking this sinful world as Jesus did, and not as I would have it".  (That's part of the Serenity Prayer they never say at 12 step meetings, as it would scare people almost as much as "Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace".)  

If I've been a bit intense in my responses over recent weeks, think how it rubs people when they deal with people who "do it because they can" or "don't do it because they can".  This is a thorn in my side because whatever my faults in life, I have spent a lifetime cultivating and guarding a reputation for fairness and justice in my dealings, and that's an expectation I have of others.  I suppose that everyone has their area of disappointment they have to live in for one reason or another.
You cultivated that crop of fairness all season, but then the blizzard of MAGA snowflakes killed the harvest almost as quickly as the GOP and law and order in America.

Anyways I get that you are upset about an antisemite getting banned, after all what does that mean for posters like you?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2022, 12:40:07 AM »

Reaganfan was banned ...
... Why exactly he was permabanned I don't know ...

The Hell if you don't.
You are creating excuses in your head, to "not knowing" horrible creeps.

Just like trump (supposedly) not knowing anything about who former grand wizard of the Ku Klux Klan David Duke is/was. And now he claims not knowing who white nationalist Nick Fuentes is (when having Thanksgiving dinner with this bigot).
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2022, 08:38:49 AM »

Reaganfan was banned ...

The Hell if you don't.

Just like trump (supposedly) not knowing anything about who former grand wizard of the Ku Klux Klan David Duke is/was. And now he claims not knowing who white nationalist Nick Fuentes is (when having Thanksgiving dinner with this bigot).

A sign of a liar is when they chop up people's actual quotes and quote them:

I don't know why he was Permabanned.  Given what has recently transpired, I doubt that the decision was the only one possible.  There's always a reason to ban Reaganfan and sanction fhtagn and Mr. Reactionary, but there's always a reason that Badger, Ferguson97, and others are ever sanctioned.  I'll leave it at that.

That's the actual quote.  I don't know the posts that were the straw that broke the camel's back.  I'll take other people's word for it, but not yours.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2022, 12:00:07 PM »

Reaganfan was banned ...

The Hell if you don't.

A sign of a liar is when they chop up people's actual quotes and quote them:

That's the actual quote.  I don't know the posts that were the straw that broke the camel's back.  I'll take other people's word for it, but not yours.

LMAO.
Where did I even indicate the "true reasons" he was banned for, and thus giving you any room to "believe others" but not me?
There is nothing like that I even posted. Where is your comment even coming from? Outer space I guess.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies