Is Ron DeSantis handsome ?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:47:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is Ron DeSantis handsome ?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Is Ron DeSantis handsome ?  (Read 2172 times)
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2022, 05:17:35 PM »

He's attractive by politician standards, which isn't saying much but is still probably worth something.  Having a young family and a beautiful wife are major assets for his campaign, though.     

was Callista Gingrich a boost for Newt back in 2012?

In net terms, probably so...but Casey DeSantis is much more appealing for numerous reasons. 
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2022, 01:03:48 AM »

On a serious note, I think he looks a lot "healthier" than Biden for a variety of obvious reasons why probably works in his favor. I think his main flaw would be he borders on being fat and while usually he's wearing a suit that sort of covers up his physique, he's probably bound to strip down to a button up on much of the campaign trail.

Yes, looks can have subtle impacts.
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2022, 07:35:07 AM »

Also, if you need any more ammo: I'm a bit of an Elon musk fanboy, and I thought his twitter takeover would be going better than it is.
TodayJunior
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2022, 08:19:50 AM »
« Edited: November 24, 2022, 08:50:26 AM by TodayJunior »

Maybe in physical looks sure, but absolutely ICE COLD personality. Even his biggest fans/supporters will admit the latter, and that it’s not a good quality for national politics.

#GovernorHumanoid
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2022, 09:34:04 AM »

Maybe in physical looks sure, but absolutely ICE COLD personality. Even his biggest fans/supporters will admit the latter, and that it’s not a good quality for national politics.

#GovernorHumanoid

It's his persona that we DeSantis supporters like.  The persona that won't back down.  He projects competence and strength, qualities that are attractive in times of crisis, and contrast well with Biden, who is neither competent (though he once was) nor strong.
prag_prog
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2022, 09:44:55 AM »

heck no...it would do good for him politically if he cut down some weight. His wife is quite beautiful though
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2022, 10:08:16 AM »

heck no...it would do good for him politically if he cut down some weight. His wife is quite beautiful though

This is how most LA casting directors would answer. But yeah I think DeSantis is too scowly, too short, and too pudgy. He’s gonna get towered over by trump on the debate stage like Rubio did. Iirc he’s about 5’9” which would make him the shortest president we’ve had possibly since the 19th century (!) an definitely since carter and/or Truman.

Handsome is a strong word y’all. Very few politicians are actually handsome. I’d say a few examples off the top of my head (all way more attractive than DeSantis) would be Martin Heinrich, Juan Ciscomani, Obama when he was younger. I wouldn’t even call Paul Ryan handsome, even though I would definitely let him do whatever he wanted to me. As a lot of people here in Los Angeles say, DC is Hollywood for the unattractive lol
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2022, 12:12:08 PM »

I hate to be superficial but since you asked...No. Short, chunky, unattractive voice and an overall mean persona, needs to smile more. Does have a pretty wife and cute family though.
Short? How does being 5’10-5’11 deduct points? Only fat ugly insecure chicks would think that’s too short to be attractive

Sounds like somebody’s short…
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2022, 11:50:44 PM »

His entire family (including himself) look Hispanic.

They absolutely do not.
Agafin
Cameroon

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2022, 02:12:37 AM »

This is how most LA casting directors would answer. But yeah I think DeSantis is too scowly, too short, and too pudgy. He’s gonna get towered over by trump on the debate stage like Rubio did. Iirc he’s about 5’9” which would make him the shortest president we’ve had possibly since the 19th century (!) an definitely since carter and/or Truman.

Handsome is a strong word y’all. Very few politicians are actually handsome. I’d say a few examples off the top of my head (all way more attractive than DeSantis) would be Martin Heinrich, Juan Ciscomani, Obama when he was younger. I wouldn’t even call Paul Ryan handsome, even though I would definitely let him do whatever he wanted to me. As a lot of people here in Los Angeles say, DC is Hollywood for the unattractive lol

You have some weird standards then. Paul Ryan is definitely Hollywood level handsome as far as I'm concerned, certainly more handsome than Ciscomani or young Obama and up there with Heinrich.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2022, 02:19:42 AM »

They look Italian.
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2022, 05:52:43 AM »

I hate to be superficial but since you asked...No. Short, chunky, unattractive voice and an overall mean persona, needs to smile more. Does have a pretty wife and cute family though.
Short? How does being 5’10-5’11 deduct points? Only fat ugly insecure chicks would think that’s too short to be attractive

Sounds like somebody’s short…
I was about to say the same thing!
US Politics Fanatic
Bill Nelson
Rookie
United States

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2022, 10:35:56 AM »

DeSantis is italian.
Reactionary Libertarian
ReactionaryLibertarian
United States

« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2022, 12:12:21 PM »
« Edited: November 25, 2022, 12:15:32 PM by Reactionary Libertarian »

On a serious note, I think he looks a lot "healthier" than Biden for a variety of obvious reasons why probably works in his favor. I think his main flaw would be he borders on being fat and while usually he's wearing a suit that sort of covers up his physique, he's probably bound to strip down to a button up on much of the campaign trail.

Yes, looks can have subtle impacts.

DeSantis definitely would benefit from losing some weight, but he looks much worse in a suit. He looks fairly obese in his suits while just a bit chunky in casual attire.

Compare this https://images.app.goo.gl/tXwKjBc3nmsBGNGo9 to this https://images.app.goo.gl/WCtRUsvazjunFLqd7
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2022, 04:47:10 PM »

Ugly mfs online calling Ron DeKing ugly and unattractive. Y'all single and don't pull stop it
Ron DeSantis enthusiast
FranciscoM97

« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2022, 05:04:50 PM »

He is not ugly, but not handsome either, btw he looks better than most politicians, he needs to lose weight to look more presidential.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2022, 08:32:32 PM »

Slightly above-average, but not quite handsome. Quite handsome for a politician / presidential candidate, though, and some of that has to do with his relative youth as well (he's only in his early/mid forties, which is very young compared to people like Trump, Biden, Sanders, etc., who are in their mid-to-late seventies). His wife is fairly attractive, and having young kids helps to create the image of a glamorous, beautiful, 'quintessentially American' or whatever young family.

In some ways he could be like JFK in terms of image (though he won't have nearly the same effect thanks to intense political tribalization). Or, if we're considering TV shows, he could really be a lot like Will Conway (GOP presidential candidate in House of Cards).
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2022, 08:33:41 PM »

Anyway, shocked this isn't a thread by Bronz, or by progressive85, or something.
Entertaining enough - and with an appropriate thread title - to be considered an honorary "Bronz threaf" nonetheless.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2022, 08:35:55 PM »

He is not ugly, but not handsome either, btw he looks better than most politicians, he needs to lose weight to look more presidential.

This, although I personally can't say for sure that he's fat (I haven't seen many full-body images of him, but is he really fat? looks normal-weight to me, but perhaps I've not seen enough photos from the right angles or whatever).
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2022, 08:38:25 PM »

They absolutely do not.

I mean some Hispanics are white (hence the terms "non-Hispanic white" and "Hispanic white"). Still - and maybe this is me being stereotypical or racist or whatever - I (and I think many people) picture brown-skinned people when they think "Hispanic", so the DeathSantis family definitely wouldn't cut it.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2022, 11:47:57 PM »

This, although I personally can't say for sure that he's fat (I haven't seen many full-body images of him, but is he really fat? looks normal-weight to me, but perhaps I've not seen enough photos from the right angles or whatever).

Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2022, 11:48:34 PM »

Yeah, he's definitely on the chubbier side...kind of surprised since I've never seen a photo of his from that angle before. But yeah, you guys weren't wrong.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2022, 11:56:11 PM »

Yeah, he's definitely on the chubbier side...kind of surprised since I've never seen a photo of his from that angle before. But yeah, you guys weren't wrong.

One of the things I've learned from my fitness journey is it's really easy to hide a physique in "structured clothing" like a suit. That works both ways though, if you're jacked but wearing a suit, no one would know.
Ron DeSantis enthusiast
FranciscoM97

« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2022, 05:22:27 AM »

He is fat but not obese, but he will definitely look better if he lose some weight
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2022, 03:35:34 PM »

He's def not bad looking but his greatest asset is his wife who is very good looking. He also is a little bit short looking for a President. He looks about 5'10 most presidents are 6 foot and up.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies