GA-SEN Runoff (New Impact/FabrizioWard/AARP): Warnock +4
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:07:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Senate & House Election Polls
  GA-SEN Runoff (New Impact/FabrizioWard/AARP): Warnock +4
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: GA-SEN Runoff (New Impact/FabrizioWard/AARP): Warnock +4  (Read 2642 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 22, 2022, 07:29:13 AM »
« edited: November 22, 2022, 01:35:48 PM by GeorgiaModerate »

MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2022, 07:39:35 AM »

5 points? Are they over correcting ?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2022, 07:43:43 AM »

Why would they be?  This result is entirely plausible.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2022, 07:44:44 AM »

Yeah.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2022, 07:46:55 AM »

Good
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2022, 09:32:04 AM »

Democrats have a 5% higher motivation to vote here (90%) than Republicans (85%) too
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2022, 09:49:18 AM »

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2022, 09:52:28 AM »

Fabrizio/Impact were pretty good this cycle. I think they actually underestimated Ds in almost every race (PA, WI, MI) while being very close in NV and AZ. Funnily enough, I think their last NV poll, albeit was a while ago, was CCM +1.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2022, 10:02:26 AM »

Encouraging news.

Don't want to get ahead of myself here, though I'd rate this as Lean D now.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2022, 10:10:23 AM »

Given that this also has Biden's approval at -11, pretty brutal for Walker.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2022, 10:21:13 AM »

We probably need to aim for more and maybe we will get this margin.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2022, 10:27:01 AM »

NUT
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2022, 10:55:16 AM »

Sample has a recalled vote of Kemp+6, which given their enthusiasm gap is reversed from two weeks ago, seems perfectly sound.

Oh and a outcome like this means Fayette is flipping.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2022, 11:34:11 AM »

If Warnock wins, which is likely... Whitmer/Warnock '28?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2022, 12:18:33 PM »

New Poll: Georgia Senator by AARP on 2022-11-17

Summary: D: 51%, R: 47%, U: 2%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2022, 01:33:17 PM »
« Edited: November 22, 2022, 01:43:00 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

You dont see any Rs around so that tells you that Ds will only do better not worse with a Prez coming up that's why GALLEGO is planning on running against Sinema to break the Filibuster in case it's a narrow D MAJORITY with a DH

If it's getting worst from here on out Warnock would be losing, I hope we can get a wave insurance map in 24, I always predict the best not worse for Ds , it's always higher turnout in Prez not Midterm Eday
Dani Rose
danixander92
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2022, 02:35:55 PM »

Or Warnock/Whitmer! Or Warnock/Kelly! Grin
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2022, 02:38:23 PM »

Pleasantly surprised. I still was a little worried Democrats might lose interest now that senate control is decided. However, it might also discourage Republicans. And Kemp no longer on the ballot is also a big plus for Warnock.

Yeah, or Shapiro/Warnock.

So much for Democrats running out of people and having no one besides Biden. But the media often keeps saying that.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2022, 08:01:38 AM »

Is America ready for it's first all-bald presidential ticket? Discuss with maps.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2022, 08:46:55 AM »

Pleasantly surprised. I still was a little worried Democrats might lose interest now that senate control is decided. However, it might also discourage Republicans. And Kemp no longer on the ballot is also a big plus for Warnock.

So much for Democrats running out of people and having no one besides Biden. But the media often keeps saying that.

That was true until this year and was definitely true 8 years into D fatigue after Obama. Even Reagan’s party was similarly running out of people after 1990. It wasn’t until 1994 that they had a good bench again and even then, they weren’t really ready yet. We were really lucky that 2022 was basically a draw or arguably a very minor defeat if Walker somehow upsets. We have reversed some of the problems with the same ticket getting 3 or maybe 4 terms.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2022, 04:50:20 PM »

That was true until this year and was definitely true 8 years into D fatigue after Obama. Even Reagan’s party was similarly running out of people after 1990. It wasn’t until 1994 that they had a good bench again and even then, they weren’t really ready yet. We were really lucky that 2022 was basically a draw or arguably a very minor defeat if Walker somehow upsets. We have reversed some of the problems with the same ticket getting 3 or maybe 4 terms.

This is probably the single best thing for Democrats with this midterm, apart from holding the Senate. The Democratic bench was decimated from top to bottom after 1994 and 2010 (and further beat down in 2014). I love Obama, but he left the party in absolute shambles. We were down to 15 governorships in 2017, the lowest point for the Democratic Party since we've had 50 states. Overall, we can't get back to pre-2010 levels because the South mostly belongs to the Republican Party. However, our bench is strong and revitalized now, and strong where it counts too (diverse in many ways too, particularly geographically). The Democratic Party is overall in strong shape.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2022, 06:15:56 PM »

Definitely plausible.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2022, 08:28:42 PM »

This is probably the single best thing for Democrats with this midterm, apart from holding the Senate. The Democratic bench was decimated from top to bottom after 1994 and 2010 (and further beat down in 2014). I love Obama, but he left the party in absolute shambles. We were down to 15 governorships in 2017, the lowest point for the Democratic Party since we've had 50 states. Overall, we can't get back to pre-2010 levels because the South mostly belongs to the Republican Party. However, our bench is strong and revitalized now, and strong where it counts too (diverse in many ways too, particularly geographically). The Democratic Party is overall in strong shape.

I would argue that the democrats themselves are to blame for those huge losses.

The GOP did not win big in 2010 and in 2014 simply because they got  massive turnout they won big because the Dems decided to stay home and not even come out to vote at all. I hate to say it, but the Dems deciding not to vote in those Obama era midterms is the reason why Roe v Wade is now dead today..

Thankfully, unlike in 2010 Dems in 2022 knew full well that there would be horrible consequences if they just stayed home and let a bunch radical election denier gain full control over all of congress

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2022, 08:44:35 PM »

This election made me the most optimistic I’ve been in 10 years.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2022, 11:25:09 PM »

I would argue that the democrats themselves are to blame for those huge losses.

The GOP did not win big in 2010 and in 2014 simply because they got  massive turnout they won big because the Dems decided to stay home and not even come out to vote at all. I hate to say it, but the Dems deciding not to vote in those Obama era midterms is the reason why Roe v Wade is now dead today..

Thankfully, unlike in 2010 Dems in 2022 knew full well that there would be horrible consequences if they just stayed home and let a bunch radical election denier gain full control over all of congress

All valid points. In essence though, both midterms showed how unreliable the Obama coalition was. They came out for him, but that was it. I think Trump's coalition was similar in that respect. I'm not sure the Senate could've been saved in 2014. That was an awful map. However, if Democrats had been able to hold CO, NC, and AK, they would've controlled the Senate after 2016. Gorsuch definitely would not have been confirmed and Kennedy might have waited another year (in which case, we'd still probably end up with Kavanaugh). If we had won back the Senate in 2016, I'm not sure we would've held it going into 2018 (though it would certainly be possible).

This election made me the most optimistic I’ve been in 10 years.

I felt the same way on election night. Our bench is strong going forward and we mostly held the battleground states. The Midwest was a disaster after 2010 and 2014. That's no longer the case.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies