Me vs You
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:22:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Me vs You
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Me vs You  (Read 525 times)
Enduro
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 18, 2022, 07:32:30 PM »

Who would win in a head to head presidential election, you or me?
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2022, 10:18:31 PM »

probably you. I don't expect anywhere aside from some very white liberal areas is ready for a furry elected official. 
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2022, 05:53:54 PM »
« Edited: November 20, 2022, 05:59:16 PM by West_Midlander »

Enduro (R) vs Me (Independent w/ D endorsement)

Likely scenario:

Blowout scenario:

Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2022, 07:05:33 PM »

Enduro (R) vs Me (Independent w/ D endorsement)

Likely scenario:

Blowout scenario:

I highly doubt that I could convince 71 million people to remember my name, let alone vote for me, but thank you for this.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2022, 04:12:05 AM »

I have name recognition and above-50% approval ratings (but probably not a lot higher than 50%), so I would... probably win?

You'll certainly get all the right wing votes just by being a yellow avatar versus a burgundy avatar, and also you're more likely to pick up swing voters IMO.

So... final answer : I would beat you, but it would be a close race.

If you're talking about USA adults voting for POTUS, you would probably beat me, seeing as you aren't a right wing Trumpist but you also aren't an anti-establishment leftist like myself.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2022, 07:01:12 PM »
« Edited: November 27, 2022, 07:05:15 PM by Reverse-tradamus »

If you can successfully weaponize all the crazy things I have said in the past and get voters to fear me…you win. Hitting hard on my old views is probably the easy way for you to win. Portray me as simply too unstable for the job, basically Biden’s 2020 path.

However if current policy matters more and the past wounds aren’t enough, I would take it because I am probably still closer to the average American than you politically as weird as it seems.

You’ll probably overperform among liberal whites, rural conservatives and young voters. I would overperform with minorities of all types, the heavily religious, and certain suburbs (it will depend)
Blow by blow, the passion dies
LeonelBrizola
YaBB God
Brazil

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2022, 07:25:41 PM »

You, due to being a natural born US citizen
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2022, 06:01:00 PM »

I have name recognition and above-50% approval ratings (but probably not a lot higher than 50%), so I would... probably win?

You'll certainly get all the right wing votes just by being a yellow avatar versus a burgundy avatar, and also you're more likely to pick up swing voters IMO.

If you're talking about USA adults voting for POTUS, you would probably beat me, seeing as you aren't a right wing Trumpist but you also aren't an anti-establishment leftist like myself.

Where did you get the name recognition and approval ratings?

If you can successfully weaponize all the crazy things I have said in the past and get voters to fear me…you win. Hitting hard on my old views is probably the easy way for you to win. Portray me as simply too unstable for the job, basically Biden’s 2020 path.

However if current policy matters more and the past wounds aren’t enough, I would take it because I am probably still closer to the average American than you politically as weird as it seems.

You’ll probably overperform among liberal whites, rural conservatives and young voters. I would overperform with minorities of all types, the heavily religious, and certain suburbs (it will depend)

I think I could likely siphon some of the religious votes, but mostly the Christain side of that.

Hey, I'll take it as a win.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2022, 07:13:32 PM »

Where did you get the name recognition and approval ratings?

I think I could likely siphon some of the religious votes, but mostly the Christain side of that.

Hey, I'll take it as a win.
Disagree. You’d be far better off trying to appeal strongly to the irreligious/less devout assuming you are truly libertarian.
Sure you will want to make sure you do well enough among the devout, but don’t expect that to be your top overperformance.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies