Only in Brazil, Colombia, Italy, >95% of the population have a shower/bath everyday
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:11:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Only in Brazil, Colombia, Italy, >95% of the population have a shower/bath everyday
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Only in Brazil, Colombia, Italy, >95% of the population have a shower/bath everyday  (Read 1097 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2022, 10:12:10 PM »

We all live in the Redalgoverse, as it turns out (only true posters will know what I am referencing here).

I think I got it.
Epaminondas

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2022, 01:36:58 AM »

Is the graph referring to warm showers?

Either way, in Brazil, 200 million * 150L per shower would mean 30 billion L of clean water per day, i.e. enough drinking water for all of Africa for a month.

That's a phenomenal expenditure of energy and water each day, and bound to be curtailed some day soon.
buritobr
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2022, 08:50:00 PM »

I don't know the source of the data, this map came from a Twitter account which shows different maps.

It's easy to understand that in warmer countries, people have shower more often, since people sweat more. But since I learned the habit of showering everyday, I kept showering everyday when I lived in Germany, even in the winter. In that time, I used to sweat inside my heavy jacket.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2022, 09:30:48 AM »

I'm surprised

I'm also surprised by Belgium being in orange and all neighbouring countries being in red.

I personally like to shower everyday, however i now do it every two days to save on energy costs if it isn't necessary, but I thought everyone showered daily.

Showering everyday also helps me to like get awake, and is like a mental boost to start the day. It's also super relaxing which I sometimes need in a stressful world.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2022, 09:36:06 AM »

I generally shower once per day, but I can see why more humid countries would shower more frequently. I had never really been in that hot and humid of an area before I went to about the middle of the US (OK, KS, MO, and IA) this August. I felt filthy from sweat after having spent 10 minutes outside just existing.

Japan is humid and warm and still in red (except for northern areas and/or Hokkaido), China, the Arab countries and India in that regard also do it very little
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2022, 07:06:56 AM »

As we all know, only the Latins understand cleanliness.

Yes! that is why I live latins.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies