Heroes on Both Sides (gameplay) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:43:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Heroes on Both Sides (gameplay) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Heroes on Both Sides (gameplay)  (Read 3515 times)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« on: November 17, 2022, 05:54:53 PM »
« edited: November 17, 2022, 06:03:13 PM by KaiserDave »

The Passage of Power

Sheev Palpatine had matured much since his wild years of youth. He had long since traded in his speeder bike for the mature hobbies of opera and art, and a career in politics. But how different was the passion, the danger, and the chaos of the speeder circuit from the intrigue and scheming of politics? The Galactic Chancellor's attraction to them was intense and unwavering. These days, they were alike more than ever. The racetrack of politics had become more wild, intense, and...deadly than ever. The Separatist Crisis had totally overwhelmed the traditional playing field, it had upended the traditional factions, and it rendered previously highly discussed questions irrelevant. With the very existence of the Republic in question, the stakes had never been higher, and there was only one question debated. Were you with the Republic, or against it?

Chancellor Palpatine was a popular Chancellor, a trusted Chancellor. His smile and grandfatherly speech put the galaxy at ease, and his charm, handshakes, and political horse trading put the Senate at ease. Now the Galaxy was afraid, perturbed, so scared that the Chancellor's approvals were falling as system after system rejected the seemingly eternal political status quo. But it was nothing the Chancellor couldn't address or didn't anticipate.

The Chancellor had already spoken to his allies in the Senate. The crisis had made previous factions and political cliques irrelevant. There were those loyal to the Chancellor and the Republic, and those who were sympathetic to insurrection. The Chancellor had spoken through his associates, and directly to those crucial Senators from the Core and the Rim faction to reassure them of certain guarantees and secure their allegiances. The political maneuvers to secure the stability of the galaxy required strong Senatorial support, but most importantly a strong, empowered, capable Chancellor. The Galaxy was on the verge of civil war, and the Republic wanted to hear from its protector. He was ready.

Good citizens and people of the Republic, I come to you from Coruscant, the ancient yet constantly progressing heart of our Republic. This is where I am constantly occupied with my labors to preserve the peace and prosperity of our shared home. But in truth, I wish I could be with all of you on your respective homeworlds, speaking to you directly. I feel that is where the truth is best perceived. But for now, this HoloNet broadcast is my best way to reach all of you, across thousands of star systems, and into the endless expanse of the Galaxy. It's times like these when I'm reminded how far we may be apart in the many hundreds of lightyears, but in many ways we are more united then we have ever been, by the HoloNet, by new trade routes and infrastructure projects, and as always by thousands of years of shared history and tradition. I'm proud of all we've built, and how we've brought our Galaxy closer together, encouraged horizontal growth, and reduced the gap between the dispossessed on the periphery and those already enriched, as I promised 8 years ago. I remain committed to those goals now more than ever before.

Today, everything we built together is under attack. A desperate conspiracy of ill designing men, lawless savage clans, criminals and thieves, speculators and slave drivers, and radical agitators are launching an assault on the integrity of our Republic. Their goal is the dissolution of the general order so they may freely pursue their wild self-interested ends. They have inaugurated chaos and terrorism without regard for the collective well-being. Once peaceful, tranquil areas are now plagued with lawlessness and criminality. The so called "Confederacy of Independent Systems" is squarely responsible for unleashing this present terror. Together, we the Republic must unite to confront this. I won't hesitate to do what's right for our shared galaxy and for the peace.

It's for that reason I'm asking Count Dooku and his associates to negotiate. Nobody wants a war, least of all the good people of this Galactic Republic. We have enjoyed centuries of peace, and nothing would grieve me more than to be the Chancellor who presided over an end to that peace. I ask Count Dooku to come to the table, meet a Republic delegation at Bothawui. I offer you reintegration into the Galactic Republic, and together we can confront the burning injustices of our system. This is your opportunity to show the galaxy your good faith. You still have time to reverse course.

But I will say this now. I will not capitulate to hostage taking. I will never preside over the collapse of the greatest civilization this galaxy has ever known. And for the strongest possible position in dealing with this crisis and negotiating a swift end, I am asking the Republic, and the Senate to give me the tools to stand up for our Republic. I am convening a special session of the Galactic Senate to end ambiguity on the principal political questions of the day. I am asking the Galactic Senate to indefinitely delay the coming Chancellorship election, the galaxy is under no such condition at this point. We cannot allow for a disruption in political authority when the situation is changing each day and we face the threat of war. I am asking the Galactic Senate to give me powers I need to root out corruption, to harden our forces in the face of aggression, and give me the tools to stamp out terrorism and crime in each and every region of our home. I am asking the Republic to let me do my utmost in service of the project we have sworn our lives to.

Fellow citizens. I offer you my service, my labor, and my eternal duty. As your Chancellor I promise to do whatever has to be done to protect us, whatever the cost may be. Now is not the time to shirk our responsibilities, and I for one, will not shirk mine.

May whatever deity you pray to protect you tonight, and may our Republic thrive, with all stars burning as one. Long live the Galactic Republic!

(Transmission cuts)

Images Wookiepedia
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2022, 06:04:01 PM »

The Supreme Chancellor will send a delegation as his representative to a peace conference at Mandalore.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2022, 04:57:47 PM »
« Edited: November 30, 2022, 05:21:44 PM by KaiserDave »

Speech before the Galactic Senate

Senators, Representatives, and leaders of the Galaxy. It is a great regret for me that I have come to you to deliver this speech. When I was elected Chancellor over 8 years ago I never could have possibly imagined governing in such a time as this. It was always my dream to preside over a period of prosperity, of peace, of friendship. It was always my wish that the Senate would take the lead, as it has always done in guiding the Republic and securing our collective well being. Unfortunately, we find ourselves in a time of crisis, with the threat of war. Even I, who like all of you lived through the Naboo Crisis, am shocked by the extent of the treason and treachery among us. This crisis is regrettable, so very regrettable but there are times when history calls upon you to act decisively. I have dedicated my life to the service of this Republic, it would be an abrogation of my oaths to this august body and to our Galaxy to give up now.

I hope you trust me when I tell you that I have done everything possible, explored every option to avoid further conflict. I have attempted all possible channels to reach a peaceful, permanent settlement with the Separatist leaders. I agreed to talk to the Separatists in a good-faith setting, with mediation, with an eye towards a permanent resolution of our differences. I heard their concerns, I heard their pleas to correct burning injustices in our society. I share much of their grievances with the faults in our system. But the are religiously committed to tearing up this Republic, this Republic which has stood for a millennium.

But, I did not realize the extent of their treachery. It is shocking to us all. Many of whom we knew as colleagues and friends have so quickly given themselves over to the tactics of terrorism and aggression. I do not have the answers for the attack on Mandalore, but rest assured we will find out answers for the savage, barbaric murder of our diplomats. But, Senators, there is something of which there is no ambiguity. Even before the defection of Eriadu and the duplicitous actions on Ansion, these perfidious Separatists were engaged in the most violent suppression of loyalists on worlds they are attempting to occupy. They claim to support self-determination yet they have used the most foul violence against those who protest their most divisive attempts to destroy the Republic. Even now as we speak, there are Republic worlds that have been seized by terrorists and criminals loyal to the Raxus conspirators. I have heard, from my intelligence, that the Separatist Leadership plans to annex these planets! If this is true, then we can no longer accept peace at any price, we will no longer accept humiliation!

Senators! I understand your fury, believe me I know it very well. But these last few months have shown us what we need to do, they have taught us all we need resolve, we need courage, we need fearlessness if we are to truly confront this crisis, lest we watch the works of generations be undone in one fell swoop. This crisis has shown the Republic's current security policy is horribly inadequate. The Judicials, even with the support of the valiant, ancient, Jedi Order cannot be expected to maintain our territorial integrity in a galaxy of quadrillions of beings of thousands of star systems. My office will immediately begin conferences on the resolution of the military question, but we all agree, we must have an Army that is capable of saving our Republic. I am asking the Senate to pass legislation to create a Grand Army of the Republic, of the composition we will conclude on a later day.

To this end I am pleased to announce the conclusion of a contract with Rothana Engineering for the construction of thousands of special weapons and military equipment. With Kuat Drive Yards the Republic has concluded a contract for the construction of capital starships and support ships. Needless to say there will be millions of Credits necessary to fund this and other military projects, which we hope to establish in various worlds.

Lastly, I am asking this body to give me the authority to deal with this calamitous series of events on a decisive and independent basis. This historic body is glorious, mighty, its traditions make us who we are, but I'm sure we all agree it cannot be expected to deal with an ever growing, ever changing crisis on a day to day basis. For this reason I am asking the Senate to declare a State of Emergency, and give me emergency powers, strictly temporary of course, to bring this crisis to an end, or to defend ourselves with requisite force if need be.

Senators, people of Galaxy, I speak to you all now. I pledge to you my undying service, my loyalty, and everything I have. I will do everything that is possible to defend you from terror and violence, and to defend our ancient, great Republic from disunity, traitors, and secessionists. I have lived to serve our Republic, and if need be I will die for her. The sum of my life is meaningless compared to the survival and the prosperity of the Republic and her people. As Supreme Chancellor, my duty to this Republic will always come first, no matter the price! No more the circumstances, no matter the trial, no matter how intense the storm becomes I will be there. This is my promise.

Long live the Republic!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2022, 05:58:23 PM »

Statement from the Office of the Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor thanks the Galactic Senate for their good service to the Republic and cooperation with a unifying agenda to defend the Galaxy. The Supreme Chancellor also makes it clear to the separatist renegades that the unlawful seizure of Republic planets, and the suppression of Loyalist elements therein is grounds for War. The Separatist Parliament still has a chance to negotiate for a peaceful and permanent settlement, but the Republic will not acquiesce to naked aggression.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies