Heroes on Both Sides (gameplay) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:35:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Heroes on Both Sides (gameplay) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Heroes on Both Sides (gameplay)  (Read 3449 times)
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« on: November 16, 2022, 10:18:26 PM »

Senator Mee Deechi Addresses the Senate
Fellow delegates,

Our Galactic Republic faces a period of unprecedented crisis. The rise of the Confederacy of Independent Systems represents a direct challenge to the future unity of our galaxy. Indeed, it is worrying that so many different systems have flocked to the banner of a rival organization, one which has constructed itself so diametrically opposed to our own.

Let me be clear, fellow delegates. I do not wish to condemn reform for its own sake or seek to denounce all those swayed by the Separatist cause. There are, in some cases, legitimate grievances that underpin their demands. We are all alarmed by Chancellor Palpatine’s recent investigations into galactic corruption, which have unearthed shocking findings about once upstanding Senate members. Additionally, Republican social services remain barely adequate for many of our most vulnerable citizens. I believe my colleagues when they say many of their constituents face the scourge of hunger on a nightly basis, or cannot find housing for themselves and their families. On these matters, reform is not just rational, it is our moral imperative.

With that said, I must admit that not all the concerns presented by the Separatists are made in good faith. They talk of Republican threats to their sovereignty while they raise militias and armaments to oppose our peace keepers. They denounce the undemocratic Galactic Senate while shouting down dissent from their own citizens on seceding worlds. Many of them, not without reason, loathe the influence of corporations and conglomerates in politics. At the same time, their compatriots seek to attract the very corporate forces they despise to fund their nascent empire building.

Fellow delegates, we must prepare ourselves. I do not think that conflict is inevitable. We may yet find means to conclude a peaceful settlement to the current galactic crisis. But we cannot pin our hope for peace on capitulation. I remind you all that the worst possibilities may yet come to fruition. If we are to find a favorable settlement with the Separatists, we must raise a galactic militia. This voluntary force, composed of loyal citizens, will bring much needed security to the Mid and Outer Rim. I envision a proud force of men and women, each of whom are driven by steadfast devotion to the values of our Republic. A militia, backed by the strength and valor of Republican citizens, will boost our hand at the bargaining table. In addition, such an assembly may prove useful to protect our most vulnerable citizens from criminal organizations and unprovoked attacks by rogue actors across the galaxy.

Senators, I urge you to heed my call. We cannot find peace through blind hope alone. Thank you.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2022, 11:17:37 PM »

The Core Faction will be exercising a two line whip IN FAVOR of emergency powers for Chancellor Palpatine and suspending the Chancery election. The perfidious ex-Jedi Count Dooku must be brought to justice for his role in this cowardly terrorist attack on the Republic. If we do nothing, the Separatists win.

A full statement will be out shortly.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2022, 02:00:32 PM »
« Edited: November 24, 2022, 03:41:01 PM by Devout Centrist »

TERROR REIGNS: THE REPUBLIC IS UNDER ATTACK
Mr. Chairman, members of the Galactic Senate, to our friends on Core Worlds and in the Outer Rim,

Today, our fellow citizens, our way of life, our freedom came under attack in a deliberate and deadly act of terrorism. A Republican peace delegation lays slain, murdered in cold blood by radical, Separatist terror. The victims of today's attack were diplomats, pilots, mechanics - men and women from all walks of life, but above all else, our brothers and sisters.

The photos we see from Mandalore today, of a starship in flames, of burning metal and a planet in chaos, have filled us each of with shock, sadness, and unyielding fury. This act of cruel and unparalleled terorism was intended to scare our Republic and our people into capitulation and retreat. But this attack has failed; our Republic stands able and ready to meet this threat. Where once there was uncertainty and doubt, there is now confidence and courage.

It is a palpable, electric feeling, fellow delegates. Our people are now moved to protect and defend the Galactic Republic. This attack may shatter even the strongest beskar, but it cannot and will not break our resolve.

The Republic was targeted, fellow delegates. We were targeted because we stand alone as a beacon for hope and freedom in the galaxy. And no one, Separatist or otherwise, will extinguish the light that shines through the darkness.

Today, our citizens saw evil, in its most pure form. The people of the Republic responded with their best, rushing to rescue the fallen, to comfort the bereaved, and to bury our dead. Our citizens and our people have come together to help the victims in any way they could.

Rest assured, my fellow citizens, emergency teams are working around the clock to help those affected by this act of terror. Republican search and rescue teams have been dispatched to Mandalore, to support their valiant efforts and to help recover our fallen brothers and sisters.

The Chancellor has assured me that the Senate shall continue business as usual without interruption. Local sectors and government offices will remain open. Galactic outreach centers on Mandalore and elsewhere that were evacuated today will be open on time tomorrow. Our banking sector and financial institutions remain strong and shall be open for all who wish to do business.

The search has begun for those who are behind this attack. I've asked the Chancellor to direct the full resources of our intelligence and law enforcement apparatus to find the guilty and to bring them to justice. We must make no distinction between the Separatists who committed this act of terror and the Separatists who protect them. If that means war, so be it.

Finally, I have authorized my colleagues to support the Chancellor's request to approve a suspension of the Chancery election. Chancellor Palpatine requires a clear mandate from this Senate in order to hunt down the cowards behind today's attack. The Core Faction stands behind him and shall fully support this sacred mission in the months and years to come.

I appreciate my brothers and sisters in the Galactic Senate who have joined me in strongly condemning the Separatist attack. I also extend my gratitude to the people of Mandalore for their thoughts and prayers in the aftermath of this terrorist attack.

The Republic stands together with our friends and allies, who join with all those who want peace and security in our galaxy. We will work together to win this coming war.

Tonight, I ask all who believe to pray for our brothers and sisters who grieve, for the children whose lives have forever changed, and for all those whose sense of peace and harmony has been compromised. And for those who believe, I make it my prayer that they will be comforted by a being greater than any of us, spoken through millennia in sacred scripture: "There is no Chaos: There is Harmony. There is no Death; There is the Force."

This is a day when all of our citizens, from every profesion and background, unite together in our quest for justice and peace. The Republic has faced down enemies before, and we will do so once again. No one will ever forget this day. Yet, we go forward together to defend our Republic and our freedom.

Thank you.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2022, 11:54:07 AM »
« Edited: November 26, 2022, 02:10:24 PM by Devout Centrist »

CORE FACTION DEMANDS SEPARATISTS HAND OVER DOOKU
Tonight, the Core Faction makes the following demands of the Separatist Senate: Deliver to the Jedi of the Galactic Republic all the leaders of this terrorist insurgency who hide on your planets. Release all alien persons, including Republican citizens, that are unjustly imprisoned. Protect Republican journalists, diplomats, and aid workers in your territory. Close immediately and permanently every school, institution, and training facility that endorses anti-Republican terrorism, and hand over every terrorist, and every person in their support structure, to Republican authorities.  

Our demands are not open to negotiation or discussion. We ask the Supreme Chancellor to press forward until each aspect of our ultimatum is met.

The Separatists must act, and act immediately. They will hand over the terrorists, or they will share in their fate.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2022, 03:39:55 PM »

The Core Faction will authorize a two line whip in favor of creating a Grand Army of the Republic. A statement and a draft defense bill will be out from Senator Deechi shortly.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies