Heroes on Both Sides (gameplay)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:23:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Heroes on Both Sides (gameplay)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Heroes on Both Sides (gameplay)  (Read 3448 times)
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2022, 11:14:00 PM »

Turn II (23 BBY):
“The day we stop believing Democracy can work is the day we lose it.”-Jamilia

A fragile peace! As the Confederacy of Independent Systems celebrates its one year anniversary since its formation, the fate of the galaxy remains in question. As the Separatist Alliance begins to stabilize its economic situation, hundreds of new systems begin to fall into their control. This, combined with the increasing factional violence in the Mid and Outer rims has led many in the galaxy to believe they are on the brink of war.

Several months after the bombing which killed a delegation of Republic diplomats en route to a summit on Mandalore, questions still abound as to the culprits. While many assume the Separatists were involved, Count Dooku and the Senate continue to condemn and deny any knowledge of the bombing. Many in the Galactic Senate and across the Republic still view this as an attack on the Republic and a declaration of war, however, Chancellor Palpatine has remained firm in his efforts to maintain the peace. In any case, both sides are itching to create militaries strong enough to defend themselves if it comes to that.

Additionally, the violent overthrow of several worlds loyal to the Republic by rebels like Anto Kreegyr has thrown Separatist neutrality into question. While many in the Separatist Senate push for recognizing these systems as part of the Confederacy, some argue this would constitute legitimizing the use of violent force against the Republic. Leaders on both sides will have to draw firm lines in the sand if the peace is to be maintained....

While The Republic

Economic Conditions:

The Republic:

Inflation: Medium

Credit Score: Medium

Unemployment: Medium

Public Services: Adequately Funded

Trade: Low

CIS:

Inflation: High

Credit Score: Low

Public Services: Partially Funded

Trade: High

Political Conditions:

The Republic:

Chancellor Palpatine Approval Rating:

Approve: 70% (+14%)

Disapprove: 21% (-9%)

Senate Faction Approval:

Core Faction 40% (+3%)

Rim Faction 25% (-5%)

Current Senate Composition:

Core Faction-4,308 Seats

Rim Faction-3,430 Seats

Corporate Entities-8 Seats

CIS:

Count Dooku Approval Rating:

Approve: 82% (-7%)

Disapprove: 10% (+4%)

Speaker Lawise Approval Rating

Approve: 68% (+/-0%)
Disapprove: 11% (+2%)

2,965 Seats, No Formal Political Factions

Military Conditions:

The Republic:

Millions of Judicial Forces officers severely spread thin across the galaxy
Fleet of Consular-class cruisers
Many planets loyal to the Republic, such as Ryloth, have begun to organize their own militias to prepare for Separatist invasion

CIS:

No standing army, but dozens of unofficially aligned militias loyal to the Separatist cause throughout the Mid and Outer rim. Local security forces on some worlds.

Galactic Control Map:

Chancellor Sheev Palpatine:

After extending your term in office indefinitely six months ago, you now hold even greater influence in the Senate. After the recent chaos in the Rim Faction, no politician would dare publicly defy you. Appropriately,  most of the Galaxy now looks to you to set defense policy. It's become clear to most that the Judicial Forces and their pitiful fleets are hardly enough to defend the Republic from the Separatist threat. Your administration has brokered a contract with Kuat Drive Yards to upgrade the Republic's navy with a fleet of Venator-class Star Destroyers, as well as with Rothana Heavy Engineering to mass-produce LAATs and AT-TEs.

However, machinery is useless without an army to pilot it. Unfortunately, no one can seem to agree in the Senate what path the Republic should take in that regard. Some in the Rim Faction argue the Judicial Forces are still strong enough, some like Mee Deechi have called for a voluntary official militia of the Republic, some hardliners are beginning to talk about a draft to create a grand army and Orn Free Taa wants to enlist the Jedi Order. You must sell your weapons package to the Senate, but in os doing you also have the opportunity to guide their hand toward a military policy that will supply the Republic. You also must decide on the best path to fund your weapons plan, whether through cutting public services or taking another loan from the Banking Clan. A services cut would be unpopular, especially among the Rim Faction, but another loan from the Banking Caln could push them further into Separatist territory, after they've already opened up their services to the CIS.

Additionally, the Separatist Senate is undergoing considerations over whether to admit several worlds gained by rebel groups. If this occurs, it could be construed as a direct attack on the Republic. You must make clear to the Separatists where you stand on this matter and how you would interpret these system's potential admittance.

The Core Faction:

The political fortunes of your faction seem to be only increasing in recent months. After the Rim Faction's bizarre accusations against Chancellor Palpatine and suspension vote debacle, many Rim Faction Senators have crossed over into your side. With the continuing secession of worlds previously represented by the Rim Faction and the personal popularity of your leader Mee Deechi (the optics of putting a Republic-loyal non-human front and center certainly helping) your power in the senate has grown exponentially.

After the bombing on Mandalore you made a series of strong demands to the Separatists, none of which have been acted on. You need to now show in some way that you were serious about these demands and put pressure on the Chancellor to take some action. Your call for a voluntary militia has now become the most popular way forward for the Republic's military, and if advocated for properly, could sway the Chancellor in support.

As the Chancellor prepares to unveil a major weapons package, you must make your position visible. While the vast majority of your faction and supporters are strongly behind preparedness, a cut to social services to finance it could turn off some. Making a strong visible stand behind Palpatine could help position you as the natural next Chancellor.

The Rim Faction:

Frankly, your Faction is in dire straits. After your leader, Senator Taa's attempt to prevent the Chancellor from extending his turn, you have lost many moderates to the Core Faction. In addition, the continued growth of the CIS has diminished your Faction's numbers in the Senate significantly.

All of this compiling, most feel it is time for your veteran faction leader to go. Already candidates are stepping up to challenge him. Senator Padme Amidala of Naboo is a very popular choice broadly after her very visible role in the Trade Federation's invasion of her planet nine years ago. She is noted for her ability to create consensus but also for her opposition to further preparedness, see war with the Separatists as something that must be avoided at all costs. Alternatively, there is Senator Onacanda Farr of Rodia. Farr is an experienced and respected legislator, especially within the core of your faction. His somewhat radical views would likely do much to stem the bleeding of worlds to the CIS, however they would be anathema to the Mid Rim.

Amidst this internal struggle, there remains the question of where your faction will stand on Chancellor Palpatine's upcoming weapons package. Standing behind him could do some to stem the damage your denunciation of him created, however most of the Outer Rim that remains in the Republic will recoil at increased defense spending. Taa, Farr or Amidala, any leader will face tough decisions ahead.

The Jedi Council:

After the failure of the Jedi to save the Republic presence on Ansion, there are severe doubts about your ability to defend the galaxy. Chancellor Palpatine even appears reluctant to position himself as closely related with you these days. The dark side clouds everything.

The most pressing matter at hand for your order are the rumors circulating throughout the galaxy about an unknown Jedi Assassin. As Kenobi and Skywalker were ambushed on Ansion, reports came in of an attack on a militia on the other side of the planet by an unknown lightsaber wielding attacker. No further details have made their way out of the criminal underworld, but this is clearly of grave concern. When Darth Maul was destroyed on Naboo the question was still left unanswered-was he the apprentice or the master? This could be yet another Sith Lord.

Again this mystery assassin has appeared on Xagobah. A member of a mining private security force reported his squad being executed by someone with lightsabers while on routine patrol. Typically this sort of thing would be chalked up to stress or hallucinations, however the firm involved has requested the help of the Jedi. If this attacker is indeed a Sith or a Jedi gone rogue, you must deploy a member of your order to track them down and take them in.

Count Dooku:

After your success in convincing Governor Tarkin to hand over Eriadu, your Confederacy's economic position has improved considerably. While some object to Wilhuff Tarkin's placement at your Executive Council, few care enough to do anything about it. And with Speaker Bec Lawise's decision to increase your power over CIS defenses, you hold more power than ever.

It is clear the CIS will need a military soon and Poggle the Lesser has generously offered his foundries at Geonosis for your needs. However, first you will need sponsors. You have already submitted to the senate policies which will meet the Techno Union, Corporate Alliance and Commerce Guild's demands and bring them into the fold pending approval, but you still will need the Trade Federation to build a truly mighty force to rival the Republic. Additionally, getting closer with the Banking Clan will help ensure stability within the Confederacy.

You must also hold the line for the Confederacy diplomatically and rally the Separatist people steadfastly behind whatever decision its leadership makes.

The Separatist Senate:

Speaker Bec Lawise's debut as head of government has been received well by most within the Confederacy, especially his attempts at coalition building. The partisanship of the Galactic Senate remains nowhere to be seen on Raxus Prime. Of course, the Mandalore bombing still looms over the head of Lawise's government but he has done everything rhetorically possible to deny and distance the Senate from the act.

Two matters of primary importance face the Senate currently. Firstly, Count Dooku has unveiled a bill which would undo Republic regulations on human experimentation and corporations, so as to bring the Commerce Guild, Corporate Alliance and Techno Union into the Separatist column. While this would undeniably provide great financial security to the Confederacy, bending over backwards for these entities could be seen as a betrayal of Separatist ideals by some. Worse, it would give the Republic an argument for the galaxy of Separatist hypocrisy. However, defying Dooku in this manner could cost you dearly.

The other issue at hand is whether the CIS shall recognize the worlds seized by rebel forces in the last few months, including Ansion. While many in the War Faction are dying to see these worlds become fully integrated, many are also worried that the Republic will see this as a direct attack on their borders. There is also the matter of angering the Hutts, as these militias have become known for their attacks on smugglers. For his part, Anto Kreegyr has called on all enemies of the Republic to fight only the Republic, perhaps in an attempt to convey a moderate enough image to get these worlds admitted. Your decision will be pivotal.

The Hutt Clan:

After your strong show of force in the last few months, most are seeing that the Hutts are not to be trifled with. Even militia leaders like Kreegyr have called for their men to stand down against you. Additionally, the Pykes attempts to gain a foothold through this crisis have been kneecapped by your attacks.

Currently the King of Kessel is considering your offer to abandon the Pykes and turn his planet over to the Hutts, however he is still unsure. If you want to destroy the Pykes, your best bet is to make him sure, either through intimidation or further attacks on the Pykes, exposing their weaknesses.

As Separatist borders expand, they are encroaching quickly on Hutt Space. Reports of Separatist medical and shipping frigates briefly crossing your borders have become more and more frequent. There have even been talks of negotiations between the Sovereign of Kwenn, whose system sits just behind the border of Hutt Space, and CIS diplomats. You may wish to put a stop to this, through another strong show of force of some kind, or you may wish not to anger the Separatist Alliance, which is veering toward armament.

Pyke Syndicate:

After the devastating raid on Kessel by Hutt forces, your Spice Mining operation is severely damaged. Even the King of Kessel has begun to reconsider his relationship with your syndicate as he considers a deal proposed to him by the Hutts. If you are to save your Syndicate, you must do everything in your power to prevent the King from signing this treaty.

Your security forces are in no shape to stand up to the Hutts, but if you were able to accumulate allies in the Criminal World, you may have a coalition capable of standing up to him. You may wish to negotiate with the Black Sun Clan or the pirates of the galaxy to find some sort of accord.

New Mandalorians:

After your planet became the center of Galactic attention through the ill-fated peace conference, many praised Duchess Satine Kryze for her leadership. Polling suggests she is nearly as popular as Dooku or Palpatine in the CIS and Republic respectively. Knowing this, many members of the Galactic Senate advocating for peace have encouraged Kryze to create an alternative faction for neutral systems. By making a show of political support for peace, you could present to the galaxy just how serious you are.

At the same time, the investigation into the bombing by Prime Minister Almec is ongoing. Because of the nature of the attack, gathering evidence has been very challenging and currently you have no leads. On the other hand, the Jedi have finally granted your request for Obi-Wan Kenobi, along with his Padawan Skywalker, to be deployed to Mandalore to give a Jedi's look at the situation. By pointing them in a certain direction, perhaps you can uncover the truth.

Trade Federation:

With the recent urge on both sides to arm themselves, the Separatists are going to be courting your services very closely. Working out a deal with Count Dooku to mass-produce your Battle Droids could be greatly financially beneficial and would be well appreciated by the CIS. However going all in on support for the CIS could result in further marginalization within The Republic and loss of your place in the Galactic Senate.

You must tread carefully in the months ahead. Most know your threats of closing trade routes if the Republic acts against you would only hurt your economic situation worse than it would theirs.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2022, 12:09:38 AM »

I have decided to stand down from the leadership of my faction in the Galactic Senate by the end of the year. I will offer no endorsement as to my successor, and will devote my remaining time as faction leader to holding both Chancellor Palpatine and Count Dooku responsible for the events on New Mandalore.

Their saber-rattling has led to the bombing last year, and I will continue to hold both responsible for the rest of my time in the Senate.

Orn Free Taa
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2022, 02:43:43 PM »

To celebrate my excellence, I will be hosting a new Podrace tournament on Tatooine. The stakes are high, so is this year’s sports betting, and I hope everyone will make it to our game. Get yourself some tickets and enjoy the Bantha’s blue milk and alcohol straight from the best establishment in the Galaxy

We are selling a variety of products to celebrate myself. Specialized alcohol from Tatooine, dyes, and Jabba Steak made from premium Banthas. More is to come but currently it is only order-able online or through our Catalogs. More is to come in due time.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2022, 04:57:47 PM »
« Edited: November 30, 2022, 05:21:44 PM by KaiserDave »

Speech before the Galactic Senate

Senators, Representatives, and leaders of the Galaxy. It is a great regret for me that I have come to you to deliver this speech. When I was elected Chancellor over 8 years ago I never could have possibly imagined governing in such a time as this. It was always my dream to preside over a period of prosperity, of peace, of friendship. It was always my wish that the Senate would take the lead, as it has always done in guiding the Republic and securing our collective well being. Unfortunately, we find ourselves in a time of crisis, with the threat of war. Even I, who like all of you lived through the Naboo Crisis, am shocked by the extent of the treason and treachery among us. This crisis is regrettable, so very regrettable but there are times when history calls upon you to act decisively. I have dedicated my life to the service of this Republic, it would be an abrogation of my oaths to this august body and to our Galaxy to give up now.

I hope you trust me when I tell you that I have done everything possible, explored every option to avoid further conflict. I have attempted all possible channels to reach a peaceful, permanent settlement with the Separatist leaders. I agreed to talk to the Separatists in a good-faith setting, with mediation, with an eye towards a permanent resolution of our differences. I heard their concerns, I heard their pleas to correct burning injustices in our society. I share much of their grievances with the faults in our system. But the are religiously committed to tearing up this Republic, this Republic which has stood for a millennium.

But, I did not realize the extent of their treachery. It is shocking to us all. Many of whom we knew as colleagues and friends have so quickly given themselves over to the tactics of terrorism and aggression. I do not have the answers for the attack on Mandalore, but rest assured we will find out answers for the savage, barbaric murder of our diplomats. But, Senators, there is something of which there is no ambiguity. Even before the defection of Eriadu and the duplicitous actions on Ansion, these perfidious Separatists were engaged in the most violent suppression of loyalists on worlds they are attempting to occupy. They claim to support self-determination yet they have used the most foul violence against those who protest their most divisive attempts to destroy the Republic. Even now as we speak, there are Republic worlds that have been seized by terrorists and criminals loyal to the Raxus conspirators. I have heard, from my intelligence, that the Separatist Leadership plans to annex these planets! If this is true, then we can no longer accept peace at any price, we will no longer accept humiliation!

Senators! I understand your fury, believe me I know it very well. But these last few months have shown us what we need to do, they have taught us all we need resolve, we need courage, we need fearlessness if we are to truly confront this crisis, lest we watch the works of generations be undone in one fell swoop. This crisis has shown the Republic's current security policy is horribly inadequate. The Judicials, even with the support of the valiant, ancient, Jedi Order cannot be expected to maintain our territorial integrity in a galaxy of quadrillions of beings of thousands of star systems. My office will immediately begin conferences on the resolution of the military question, but we all agree, we must have an Army that is capable of saving our Republic. I am asking the Senate to pass legislation to create a Grand Army of the Republic, of the composition we will conclude on a later day.

To this end I am pleased to announce the conclusion of a contract with Rothana Engineering for the construction of thousands of special weapons and military equipment. With Kuat Drive Yards the Republic has concluded a contract for the construction of capital starships and support ships. Needless to say there will be millions of Credits necessary to fund this and other military projects, which we hope to establish in various worlds.

Lastly, I am asking this body to give me the authority to deal with this calamitous series of events on a decisive and independent basis. This historic body is glorious, mighty, its traditions make us who we are, but I'm sure we all agree it cannot be expected to deal with an ever growing, ever changing crisis on a day to day basis. For this reason I am asking the Senate to declare a State of Emergency, and give me emergency powers, strictly temporary of course, to bring this crisis to an end, or to defend ourselves with requisite force if need be.

Senators, people of Galaxy, I speak to you all now. I pledge to you my undying service, my loyalty, and everything I have. I will do everything that is possible to defend you from terror and violence, and to defend our ancient, great Republic from disunity, traitors, and secessionists. I have lived to serve our Republic, and if need be I will die for her. The sum of my life is meaningless compared to the survival and the prosperity of the Republic and her people. As Supreme Chancellor, my duty to this Republic will always come first, no matter the price! No more the circumstances, no matter the trial, no matter how intense the storm becomes I will be there. This is my promise.

Long live the Republic!
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2022, 10:56:17 PM »

There will be a two line whip in favorof creating a Grand Army of the Republic.

Orn Free Taa
Carolyn
Rookie
United States

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2022, 03:28:11 PM »

Helmsman

Bec Lawise moves to introduce the Bylaws of Independent Systems, firmly girding the Confederacy under the rule of law. He has announced the move to make the nascent nation of equal sovereignty to the Galactic Republic and its Constitution. Surely, it is one of the brightest moments in the galaxy’s history. Here was the Rim taking its rightful mantle.

“Hail the bells of liberty!” sang the choir. “Freedom now and forever!”

To appease the Peace Faction, he tabled a motion to launch an independent investigation of the Corellian Star Shuttle in conjunction with Mandalorian law enforcement. He invited the Head of State to send a representative, perhaps one of his ex-Jedi followers, to speak on behalf of the Executive as the evidence was looked over. He would refuse to play the blame game before the results came out.

On the other hand, he carefully amended Count Dooku’s bill to make it more tolerable. The Republic-era prohibition would be rolled over as requested, but there would be an oversight committee under the Head of State to ensure compliance with the Bylaws of Independent Systems. The Senate would have a liaison team–split equally between the Peace and War faction– to receive information and, if able to muster a 2/3rd majority inside the team, force the oversight committee to tackle a possible violation.

As for the rebel worlds, a compromise is made. They can enter the Confederacy as a member state after a free and fair election to their respective assemblies that can claim the legitimacy necessary to represent the planet or system. Lawise carefully endorses the process as a proper measure in contested areas. The people must have a say in independence.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2022, 03:39:55 PM »

The Core Faction will authorize a two line whip in favor of creating a Grand Army of the Republic. A statement and a draft defense bill will be out from Senator Deechi shortly.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2022, 03:41:48 PM »

A statement by the Hutt Council done in Galactic Base Standard:

As is the standard, any convoys unaffiliated with the Hutts must be approved beforehand to travel in Hutt Space and, depending on the convoy and party, must pay customs and travel fees. Please get in contact with the Hyperlane Transit authority for authorization.

A reminder that the Hutts utilize the Wupiumpi as currency, and all payments must be converted into Hutt Currency through our traders through exchange. Else other metals must be utilized in approved retailers.

Please get in contact with the Grand Hutt Council emissary for questions and concerns

Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2022, 01:34:39 AM »

Midturn Update:

GALACTIC SENATE VOTES TO CREATE GRAND ARMY

In the wake of resounding calls for the Grand Republic to build up its defenses, Chancellor Palpatine's proposal to create a Grand Army of currently undetermined ranks. In addition to this, his deals with defense contractors to provide a navy and heavy artillery were resoundingly popular. Political leaders on both sides hailed the deal as a reasonable measure to ensure the Republic's security without blazing a trail toward war.

A small group in opposition, lead by Senator Padme Amidala, the former queen who swept Chancellor Palpatine into office eight years ago, stood in strong opposition to the bill. Their argument rested on the severe expansion of the Chancellor's powers, on top of the suspension of term limits already approved months ago. While the young senator made a compelling argument, few in either faction were swayed to her cause, and ultimately the measure failed on a vote of 6,454 to 1,292. For the first time in generations, the Republic would have an official standing army. What that army would be made up of remains to be seen. With Palpatine's increased willingness to take bold moves against the Confederacy, questions remained about what the consequences would be for the Separatist Senate's partial approval of admitting rebel-acquired worlds.

SEPARATIST SENATE APPROVES DOOKU DEREGULATIONS, CORPORATE POWERS TO JOIN EXECUTIVE COUNCIL

After extensive negotiations through the last few months, Count Dooku announced an agreement with several major corporate powers in the galaxy had been reached. Requiring approval from the Separatist Senate, Dooku presented the deregulations as a small sacrifice that the Senate must be willing to look past. Despite the objections of some high-minded reformists in the Separatist Senate, these demands were ultimately met. The Count praised the decision by the Senate as a wise move for the Separatist's economic security and stability. Soon after the legislation was approved, the corporations entered into contract with the CIS, including the appointment of representatives of theirs to Dooku's Executive Council. This coincided with the annexation of worlds loyal to the corporate conglomerates like Skako Minor, Murkhana and Castell.

At the same time, perhaps in an attempt to placate the self-righteous wing of the War Faction, the Senate approved a measure for the worlds seized by rebels to join the CIS via a democratic election. This move may placate some of the more pragmatic rebel leaders, who will likely move to install democratic governments. Insisting that these planets have democratic governments may also prevent the Republic from viewing these world's incorporation into the CIS as a direct attack, however Chancellor Palpatine's view on this matter remains to be seen.

PYKE-HUTT GANG WAR ESCALATES

After his bold attack on the mines of Kessel months ago, Jabba the Hutt continues his ruthless attempts to crush the Pyke Syndicate out of existence. This time he has struck at the very heart of the Syndicate. Mustering nearly all the forces at his disposal, Jabba the Hutt lead a daring attack on the headquarters of the Pyke Syndicate on Oba Diah. Hiring the bounty hunter Jango Fett, Jabba's attack was a mighty show of force which destroyed the Pyke's illusions of safety. Ultimately the attackers were routed by Pyke reinforcements, but not before dealing a severe blow to their infrastructure and taking several prisoners.

As this occurred, the Pykes attempted to show the Hutts they would not be intimidated. Men were sent to bomb the Hutt Council chambers on Nal Hutta, a smuggler's port on Nar Shadaa and Jabba's new podracing tournament in Mos Espa. Ultimately, due to the Hutt Council's increased investments in security, two of the three attackers were intercepted and executed by Rancor. Only the attack on the smuggler's port was successful and resulted in no casualties from high profile members of the Clan.

In the face of this, the Pyke's attempt to reassert themselves as a major criminal power did not pay off. The King of Kessel ultimately acquiesced to Jabba's demands and signed his planets spice mines over to the Hutt. Outraged, the Pykes have declared the King illegitimate and have propped up a new King in the territories of the planet where their forces are still in control. However, this will deal a massive blow to their finances and may result in them needing to cut deals with smaller criminal organizations to stand up to the Hutt Clan.

RIM FACTION SENATE CONTEST HEATING UP

After Senator Orn Free Taa's bizarre behavior during the Chancery Election suspension vote and subsequent loss of support within his faction, he decided to step down from his post. While several candidates jockeyed for support, the two clear options from the onset have proceeded to the Faction vote. Those being Senators Padme Amidala and Onaconda Farr. Both candidates have presented themselves as the ideal choice to rebuild the Rim Faction, from differing angles.

The contest between Amidala and Farr has remained cordial, as the two have a deep respect for each other. Amidala enjoys large personal popularity, owed to her very prominent role in the occupation of her home world nine years ago, in which her leadership was widely praised. Her prominent galactic presence as the voice of opposition to Chancellor Palpatine's Grand Army could be a liability in an election, however many respect her political bravery in this matter. This respect could potentially restore some credibility to the Rim Faction and prevent further defections from the Mid Rim Senators. She also has strong support from Duchess Satine Kryze, and many other leading figures calling for neutrality. Farr has focused his bid on providing representation to the Rim worlds in danger of seceding, in order to keep The Republic whole. While this view has been criticized as sympathetic to the Separatists, Farr insists his leadership would be the strongest bulwark possible against their continued growth. As the Faction vote fast approaches, the Rim worlds must decide who will lead the loyal opposition in this crisis.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2022, 05:58:23 PM »

Statement from the Office of the Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor thanks the Galactic Senate for their good service to the Republic and cooperation with a unifying agenda to defend the Galaxy. The Supreme Chancellor also makes it clear to the separatist renegades that the unlawful seizure of Republic planets, and the suppression of Loyalist elements therein is grounds for War. The Separatist Parliament still has a chance to negotiate for a peaceful and permanent settlement, but the Republic will not acquiesce to naked aggression.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2022, 10:33:43 PM »

Mandalore will not consent to be dragged into war by either side. We are neutral in this affair, and invite any powers interested in neutrality to join the Council of Neutral Systems.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2022, 01:30:50 PM »

End of Turn

NEW REPORTS INDICATE SEPARATISTS RESPONSIBLE FOR MANDALORE BOMBING

Late at night in the Capital, the HoloNet unexpectedly interrupted its regularly-scheduled programing to announce information it had received as a leak from the Chancellor's office. As the whole galaxy watched in awe, the visibly shaken newscasters repeated the results of the report. According to information obtained by the Chancellor's Office, the bombing that occurred on Mandalore months ago was the work of a Separatist saboteur. The report named Nard Orme, a Zygerrian engineer who was a regular member of the crew as responsible for covertly planting explosives that caused the disaster. The leak did not include the information which led to investigators determining Orme had become sympathetic to the Separatist cause, but it determined he had direct contact with CIS officers.

Reactions to this report were initially mixed. The Chancellor's office claimed this leak was purely accidental but acknowledged the veracity of the information and pledged the administration would form a strong response. Investigators on Mandalore decried the Republic's evidence as unconvincing and a prelude to war. The CIS immediately denounced the report as fictitious, however the damage was already done. The citizens of The Republic were ready for bloodshed. At this point war seemed only an inevitability once either side could fully arm itself, it was now a race to manufacture. The Republic has already begun the debate on funding this preparedness as Senator Deechi introduces a tax increase on the wealthy.

PADME AMIDALA SELECTED AS RIM FACTION LEADER, NEW VOICE OF THE OPPOSITION

Amidst the chaos, The Rim Faction's balloting to replace Orn Free Taa concluded. The result was announced publicly not long after, to much celebration within the faction. The former young Queen of Naboo, Padme Amidala had emerged victorious. Most saw this as a fresh start for The Rim Faction, as Amidala was easily the most personally popular leader either faction had elected in decades. However some in the Rim Faction feared that her stance against the creation of the grand army would be heavily publicized and destroy her sway within the senate.

Amidala's first address to the Senate as Leader was praised as unifying, especially as she gave recognition to her mentor, Senator Onaconda Farr. She admitted defeat in the fight against a Grand Army, but pledged to continue to be a voice for peace in the galaxy. While the content of speech was criticized by many in the Rim Faction, they could not deny her oratory skill. She may be a effective means of preventing the continuation of Senator Deechi's efforts to flip moderates in the Rim Faction. Whether she will be able to revive this flailing faction and prevent further defections to the Confederacy remained to be seen.

ATTEMPT ON DUCHESS SATINE'S LIFE NARROWLY THWARTED

As Duchess Satine returned to Coruscant to speak in favor of Rim Faction Leader Amidala's election, she was met with an attempt on her life. Shortly before she was set to arrive, a group of servant on her luxury liner ambushed her in her private quarters, attempting to silently execute her. The Duchess however was able to fend for herself and beat back the attackers before landing and the ship was secured by Coruscant Security Forces, however the attack left her security in question.

Almost immediately afterwards, and reportedly without consulting the Duchess, Prime Minister Almec chose to make a public address. He announced that the Mandalorian investigation of the bombing had uncovered the real culprits were a violent terrorist group known as Death Watch. He announced he was imposing martial law to protect the planet and would be restricting all travel to the planet until the Republic could provide military assistance to clear the planet of the terrorist threat. Reaction from Coruscant was mixed, especially as this contradicted the Chancellor's reports and did not receive confirmation from the Jedi sent to investigate, however many saw this as an opportunity to show the Republic's military prowess and force the Confederacy to back down.

TRADE FEDERATION AND CONFEDERACY GROW CLOSER

Count Dooku's continued efforts to build the Confederacy's economic might continued along as he secured a key deal with the Trade Federation's Viceroy Nute Gunray. This comes as more rebel worlds have been permitted to join the Confederacy by the actions of the Senate, further restricting Republic access to trade lanes. The specifics of the deal were kept private, however it has been confirmed Nute Gunray has joined Dooku's Executive Council along with other economic and military advisors.

While some in the Peace Faction have decried this as cronyism and allying with criminals, most in the Confederacy are happy to have achieved special rates on trade lanes. The economic forecasts have considerably improved and the Banking Clan seems even more open to collaboration as some in the Republic consider finding loopholes around using their services or implementing austerity. Should it come to war these alliances will be crucial in the Separatist effort.

HUTTS CONSOLIDATING EMPIRE TO CRUSH PYKES

After their daring attack on Oba Diah, the Hutts seem to be forming a coalition of the Criminal Underworld truly mighty enough to quash the spice merchants once and for all. While the Pykes have made some efforts and seem to have established a tentative alliance with the Black Sun and Ohnaka Pirate Gang, the Hutts have a far more unified force. The Mourner's Wails and Crymorah Syndicate have agreed to terms with Jabba to help snuff out the Pykes and share in the spoils.

Jabba continues to also be a good man of business, negotiating deals with Czerka Arms and other private corporations, seemingly concerned with the Jedi's lack of interest in protecting their resources in this difficult time. The Confederacy has even been forced to bow to the Hutt's demands in regards to customs and encroaching on their territory. The Daimyo of Tatooine has seemingly been on an unrelenting climb of power since the outbreak of the Secession Crisis.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2022, 09:23:33 PM »

Almec has made his declarations without my authority. I rescind his order of martial law and his request for military assistance under my authority as Duchess of Mandalore.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2022, 03:40:57 AM »
« Edited: December 23, 2022, 03:47:56 AM by FalterinArc »

Turn III (23 BBY):
“Wars not make one great.”-Yoda

The brink of war! Months after the results of a secret report on the Mandalore bombing conducted by Chancellor Palpatine alleging Separatist responsibility, the tensions between the factions of the galaxy are tenser than they've been in a millennium. The citizens of the galaxy see a war as almost inevitable at this juncture, though a few brave souls have continued to vie for peace.

While The Republic still has no official standing army, the Chancellor's massively expanded powers give him the ability to take whatever measures necessary to procure the Grand Army of the Republic approved by the Senate. While his spending package on weapons deployment has been a strong success, the Republic still lacks any fighting force large enough to actually wield this weaponry. On the other side of the Galaxy, the Confederacy and Count Dooku's Executive Council, which has been entrusted with defense matters by the Separatist legislature, has kept details of any defense programs shrouded and secretive. Fear is everywhere.

With sectional crises appearing over the Galaxy like wildfire, many believe the Republic has completely lost its ability to keep order in the Galaxy. Chancellor Palpatine's strength as a leader may be the only factor preventing the government from complete collapse. Should war come, the face of the Galaxy could be completely remade. The question is in what way...

Economic Conditions:

The Republic:

Inflation: High

Credit Score: Low

Public Services: Adequately Funded

Trade: Low

CIS:

Inflation: Medium

Credit Score: Medium

Unemployment: Low

Public Services: Partially Funded

Trade: High

Political Conditions:

The Republic:

Chancellor Palpatine Approval Rating:

Approve: 65% (-5%)

Disapprove: 24% (+3%)

Senate Faction Approval:

Core Faction 41% (+1%)

Rim Faction 29% (+4%)

Core Faction-4,294 Seats

Rim Faction-3,278 Seats

Corporate Entities-3 Seats

CIS:

Count Dooku Approval Rating:

Approve: 86% (+4%)

Disapprove: 8% (-2%)

Speaker Lawise Approval Rating

Approve: 71% (+3%)
Disapprove: 13% (+2%)

3,025 Seats, No Formal Political Factions

Military Conditions:

The Republic:

Millions of Judicial Forces officers severely spread thin across the galaxy
Fleet of Consular-class cruisers
Hundreds of System-Wide militias and security forces ready to protect their homeworlds
Fleet of Venator class Star Destroyers
Mass produced LAATs and AT-TES

CIS:

Dozens of unofficially aligned militias loyal to the Separatist cause throughout the Mid and Outer rim.
Local security forces on some worlds.
Classified security and enforcer units provided by corporate entities

Galactic Control Map:

Chancellor Sheev Palpatine:

You now face the defining moments of your Chancellorship. The Republic is on the brink of war, with many in the Rim Faction just about ready to declare it already. You have been able to hold back the Senate on an official declaration of war for a few months, citing the ill-equipped defense forces at the Republic's disposal, however public pressure to punish the Separatists for their crimes is mounting.

If you still believe in a non-violent option, perhaps you could try to cripple the Confederacy's growing economic might. Count Dooku has successfully negotiated nearly every major corporate conglomerate to his side, giving him more financial resources than he could possibly need. Cutting this conglomerates off from the Republic would be a bold move which would likely send the economy of both factions spiraling, but could be used as a threat to avoid the breakout of armed conflict.

If it is to come to war, you must both draw your line in the sand where the Separatists will have reached the point of no return and procure an army to fight these battles. Already several worlds with governments installed by militias friendly to the CIS have become fully integrated into the Confederacy. Currently the Republic prison outpost of Lola Sayu, now deep within CIS territory is undergoing a standoff with CIS Navy officials. The remaining forces at the base are refusing to abandon the prison, however the Confederacy sees it as within their territory. Should the Confederacy move to take action in securing the outpost, this could be the pretense you need to formally begin the conflict.

In procuring an army no one is quite certain what the most realistic option may be. The Core Faction has proposed increasing taxes on the wealthy to provide training and deployment to a regiment of Republic soldiers. Many are still wary of the prospect of a draft, even with a recent surge in patriotism. Perhaps there is another path to take.

You must also deal with the crisis on Mandalore in some way. All sides are requesting military support directly from The Republic. You must tread carefully when interfering with the affairs of a world perceived as neutral in this volatile environment and also consider the cost of deploying what little resources the Republic has to secure this world.

The Core Faction:

Your faction is practically champing at the bit for the opportunity to crush the Confederacy. How could you not? The most relevant information has clearly concluded they were involved in the killing of nearly a dozen Republic diplomats. To a good section of your faction, the fact that war hasn't already been declared is asinine. As Faction Leader, Senator Deechi must find a way to balance these voices while avoiding forcing Chancellor Palpatine into a situation where the Republic is fighting a war it cannot win.

You must advocate for your preferred policy in regard to funding the Grand Army. An increase on taxes for the wealthy does have strong populist appeal, however many fear it will damage the Republic's financial standing even further. You must also put to shame the arguments from Senator Amidala that cooperation between the factions is still possible. Her personal appeal is beginning to make waves in rebuilding the Rim Faction's tarnished reputation. You may also wish to advise the Chancellor in the Mandalore Crisis.

The Rim Faction:

With the election of Padme Amidala as your faction leader, you have found new life in the political arena. While you still continue to hemorrhage senators to the growth of the CIS, you have at least begun to flip back a few of the former faction members who crossed the floor in the wake of Senator Free Taa's collapse in support. Your popularity as the visible young queen who stood firm against invasion a decade ago has made many view you as a tough leader in these uncertain times, perhaps even a future Chancellor.

You must keep this momentum going by arguing against further buildup toward war. This has been the crux of your political position since being elected as leader and if unsuccessful, you will appear ineffective. Your connections in both factions may be able to deliver a consensus for peace.

You also have a deep personal stake in the ongoing Mandalore crisis, both because of your close relationship with Duchess-in exile Satine, but also your previous experience with the Jedi being held hostage. Finessing this issue in a way that will persuade the Chancellor to protect one of the worlds containing leading voices for neutrality while avoiding looking hypocritical on the issue of military intervention.

The Jedi Council:

After a months long investigation into the bombing of Mandalore, Master Obi-Wan Kenobi and his apprentice Anakin Skywalker were scheduled to return to the Jedi Temple. However, just before their departure, they were ambushed by the forces of Death Watch, led by Concord Dawn Governor Pre Vizla. The two Jedi have been held hostage for weeks now.

As Vizla has announced a brutal reign of terror on the people of Mandalore, he holds the two Jedi as a bargaining chip. If The Republic will formally recognize the Duchess of Mandalore as illegitimate, they will be released. However, should The Republic seek to intervene in the Mandalore conflict, they will be executed. These demands will obviously not be met by the Chancellor or the Senate, but you must move carefully next.

You should coordinate with The Chancellor on the best way to provide a rescue mission, while ensuring the Jedi's safety. Whatever decision the Chancellor makes in regard to Mandalore, freeing the Jedi will keep his options open.

As this crisis continues, another mystery lies in the Outer Rim. After a joint Hutt endeavor at Lotho Minor ended in the mysterious killings of several Czerka space station workers, rumors have persisted of a force user hopping from planet to planet, leaving a trail of bodies in his wake. Whether this could be the same killer from the Xagobah incident, or something else entirely, time will tell.

Count Dooku:

You have done practically everything in your power to secure the stability of the Confederacy, and the citizens of it are incredibly grateful. You wield even greater political influence than before with your recent successes and the Separatist Senate is practically at your beck and call.

Now, you face the specter of war. Your naval forces are currently in a standoff with Republic holdouts on the prison outpost of Lola Sayu and you must decide how to proceed forwards. By selecting a Grand Admiral of the Separatist Navy, you can formulate what kind of strategy you will take. You have two main options before you, Admiral Wilhuff Tarkin or Admiral Trench.

As a former staunch Republican, Tarkin has carried over many of his military theories, particularly that of the show of force. He advocates an immediate siege of Lola Sayu to show the CIS is not to be trifled with. Trench prefers far more to play the waiting game and starve the outpost of resources until its forces are forced to surrender. In general, Tarkin places far less importance on trade routes and resources in his capacity as a tactician, preferring to both mentally and physically destroy his opponents.

With regard to the Mandalore conflict, Tarkin believes that crushing the insurgents would be a strong way of improving the CIS's image to the galaxy at-large, while still showcasing its military prowess. Trench is more cautious, and sees a potential ally in Pre Vizla and Death Watch. Of course, as the Executive, you hold the power to override either of them should it come to it.

Both are accomplished Admirals and would be strong choices to protect the Confederacy, but the choice is ultimately up to you.

The Separatist Senate:

The increased prosperity as a result of welcoming in the corporate conglomerates has put to bed most of the droning of the Peace Faction. Even Mina Bonteri can admit that the Separatist Alliance enjoys a high quality of living as a result of their inclusion. But the threat of war has prevented any great celebration.

As Count Dooku decides his next course of action in regard to defense policy, you may wish to serve as an advisory body, depending on which voices are most prominent at this time. There is no bloodlust in the Confederacy as deep as that within The Republic, however many still express outrage at the Chancellor's attempts to pin the bombing on the CIS.

The Chancellor has also severely offended the world of Zygerria, once a proud slave empire, now demonized by The Republic at-large. The Queen of Zygerria has made noise about entering the CIS, however she wishes to create a mutual agreement to allow her to reopen her planet's slave trade. While this flies in the face of the principles the Confederacy was founded on, it would undoubtedly bring great economic reward to its citizens. Will you meet her demands, or is this a bridge too far?

The Hutt Clan:

Your recent efforts to unite the criminal underworld have been a smashing success, and no one dares question the rightful place of the Hutts at the top of the food chain. You now have several syndicates at your disposal, ready and willing to fight your battles. In addition to this, you have brought even the Separatist Alliance to heel at your threats. Your security buildups at home and alliances abroad are a truly epic display of gangsterdom.

Unfortunately, your venture at Lotho Minor has been met with a mysterious accident. Reports of a mystery force user executing your men and fleeing the planet have spread across the galaxy. It may be best to look into this matter and put a rest to it before it tarnishes your impenetrable image. In addition to this, you now have the opportunity to finally crush the Pyke Syndicate once and for all. They are still reeling from your recent attacks and could be wiped completely off the map if you play your cards right.

Pyke Syndicate:

Your Syndicate is on the brink of collapse. After sustained attacks by the Hutt Clan, you face no upside in preserving your criminal empire. The loss of Kessel has almost completely put a stop to spice production and the raid on Oba Diah has devastated your security forces. You are currently in no shape to stand up to the Hutts again.

You face only one option in this conflict. The Ohnaka Gang and the Black Sun have indicated some interest in a mutual protection deal to stand up to the thugishness of the Hutts. Perhaps together you can mount a sufficient defense to stand up to their unrelenting forces. However the best option at this point may simply be surrendrer, to avoid your leader's executions.

New Mandalorians:

Your planet is in chaos! After what many would describe as a coup by Prime Minister Almec, you have been forced to serve as a Duchess in-exile from your residence on Coruscant. The Security Forces of Mandalore have been unresponsive to your demands and appear to have been swayed by Almec's calls for law and order.

Almec's sudden outing of Death Watch has lead to a number of revelations. The Governor of Concord Dawn, Pre Vizla has revealed himself as the terrorist group's ringleader and has called for open warfare on the world of Mandalore until it is returned to its warrior past. This has resulted in an unrelenting campaign of suicide bombing on the world's capital city. The Jedi you requested to investigate him have been subdued and held as hostages for weeks until the Republic meets their demands of unrecognizing the New Mandalorians, including yourself, as the legitimate government of Mandalore.

While you have called for military aid to help restore yourself as the rightful leader of Mandalore, the Chancellor still weighs his options. Almec has also requested Republic aid and still claims that he will step aside for you as Duchess when the crisis is abated, but many doubt his true intentions. Some are wary of intervening with the Jedi's lives in the balance. Vizla has said he will welcome the support of any government, raising concerns this could become a proxy war with the CIS.

With the precarious position you are in, you must find a way to return the world to order and reinstall the rightful government. Senator Amidala will coordinate with you closely, as you have been her strongest supporter since she was elected faction leader. You must also be sure to argue your position in a way that does not undermine your own support for neutrality and pacifism.

Trade Federation:

You have become a close ally of the Separatist Alliance in recent months, with several backroom deals cementing your economic and political ties. This has caused even further scrutiny of your trade franchise within The Republic, with the events of Naboo a decade ago still fresh on many Senator's minds.

As this all is occurring, your Viceroy, Nute Gunray has been again summoned by the Republic courts for another criminal trial. While you have consistently evaded prosecution in the past, some believe that the growing prejudice against the Separatists will result in a successful conviction. You still retain the option of withdrawing from The Republic's legal system entirely, however this could have grave consequences for your ability to exist as a non-sectional trade partner. Another option is to do what you've always done and tough out the trial, wheela and deal your way to an acquittal. Another alternative is asking Gunray to step down as Viceroy, to remove him from the public eye and continue your business in peace. The weeks ahead should be interesting.

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies