To Save A State - a 2022 election game (interest thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:58:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  To Save A State - a 2022 election game (interest thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: To Save A State - a 2022 election game (interest thread)  (Read 1397 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2022, 03:26:51 PM »

Btw I do want to note that it could take me a while between turns to get my stuff up. Like I might not post or even log on and check my alerts/PMs for a week or ten days at a time. If that's going to be a problem - like if you intend for each round to only last a couple days - let me know. But if I play, I should warn you in advance it can take me a while to get my posts up (since I only log on once every week or two, and will have my semester finals to study for and complete over the next few weeks as well).
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2022, 11:21:11 PM »
« Edited: December 12, 2022, 10:33:07 AM by Oldiesfreak1854 »

Character App
Name: William Selva "Bill" Craven
Age and DOB: b. July 21, 1970 (age 51)
Hometown: Happy Valley, Oregon
Current Residence: Liberal, Oregon
Political Party: Republican
Occupation: Lawyer; State Representative for District 18 (2019-present); Former Clackamas County Commissioner (2003-2007)
Background: Craven was born and raised in Happy Valley, a Portland suburb.  His mother, Rosa Selva Craven, was the granddaughter of an Italian immigrant fisherman on the Pacific coast and a lapsed Catholic, while his father, William John Craven, was an attorney of English and Scottish descent.  Though Bill currently lives in Liberal, his parents (both now in their 80s) and two of his siblings (one brother and one sister) still live in Happy Valley.  Bill received a BA in Political Science and Criminal Justice from Portland State University in 1992 and a JD from the University of Oregon in 1998.  He remains an active fan of Oregon Ducks athletics.  He served as a law clerk for several years before establishing his own law firm, specializing in civil rights, family law and intellectual property.  As an attorney and legislator, Craven has been an outspoken supporter of tort reform, copyright reform and father's rights, and an opponent of affirmative action.  He is widely regarded as an expert in constitutional law and Abraham Lincoln, and has cited both Lincoln and William Seward as two of his biggest political influences.

Political Record: Craven comes from a politically diverse family.  His mother, though raised in a Democratic family, is an independent; his father's family, meanwhile have been dedicated and active Republicans for several generations.  Craven's father worked on the gubernatorial campaigns of Tom McCall and Vic Atiyeh, the US Senate campaigns of Mark Hatfield and Bob Packwood, as well as the presidential campaigns of various Republican candidates such as Nelson Rockefeller (in the 1964 and 1968 primaries), Richard Nixon (in the 1968 general election and in 1972), Gerald Ford (in 1976), George H.W. Bush (in the 1980 primaries, 1988 and 1992), and Ronald Reagan (in the 1980 general election and 1984).  When the younger Craven reached voting age during the 1988 campaign, he began joining his father in campaign work, with his first such job as a volunteer for the Bush/Quayle campaign that year.  Since then, he has become a friend and ally of former state Representative Tootie Smith and state Senator Heather Cooper.  Like Cooper, Craven is a conservative but pragmatic Republican, and has often been compared to Republican governors such as Maryland's Larry Hogan, Virginia's Glenn Youngkin and Georgia's Brian Kemp.  Though Craven supported Donald Trump in 2016 and 2020, he has not always been consistent in his support of the former president.  Following the 2020 presidential election, Craven did not publicly accept Trump's claims of widespread voter fraud but has nonetheless called for an audit of the state's voting machines, arguing that "if there is any doubt about the legitimacy of our elections, then the people deserve to know whether or not their votes are safely and accurately counted."  Like Youngkin, Craven's gubernatorial campaign is focused on issues that have strong crossover appeal, such as reducing the cost of living, tackling violent crime and banning critical race theory and other "woke" curriculum from Oregon's schools.  While he has expressed a preference for outlawing elective abortion, Craven has publicly declared that he will not seek to change Oregon's current abortion laws as a practical consideration.  Likewise, he was one of the first Republican leaders in the state to publicly endorse the legalization of gay marriage and recreational marijuana, doing so on libertarian grounds.  He has also been critical of so-called "bathroom bills" in other states for similar reasons, calling them "the ultimate nanny-state overreach."  Craven is seeking to replicate Glenn Youngkin's success in Virginia, but can he do so in a more liberal state?

Visual Description: White/Caucasian; dark brown hair with tufts of gray; brown eyes; horn-rimmed glasses (his trademark); somewhat resembles game show host Bill Cullen.

Voting Record Since 2012
President
1988: George H.W. Bush
1992: George H.W. Bush
1996: Bob Dole
2000: George W. Bush
2004: George W. Bush
2008: John McCain
2012: Mitt Romney
2016: Donald Trump
2020: Donald Trump

Governor
1994: Denny Smith
1998: Bill Sizemore
2002: Kevin Mannix
2006: Ron Saxton
2010: Chris Dudley
2014: Dennis Richardson
2018: Knute Buehler

U.S. Senate
1990: Mark Hatfield
1992: Bob Packwood
1996 (special): Gordon Smith
1996: Gordon Smith
1998: John Lim
2002: Gordon Smith
2004: Al King
2008: Gordon Smith
2010: Jim Huffman
2014: Monica Wehby
2016: Mark Callahan
2020: Jo Rae Perkins
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2022, 02:54:51 PM »

Glad to see renewed interest but I think this is canceled/on hold until at least after Dave’s game ends. Sorry y’all, can’t handle GMing and playing at once under the college schedule.
President of the civil service full of trans activists
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2022, 06:07:00 PM »

Glad to see renewed interest but I think this is canceled/on hold until at least after Dave’s game ends. Sorry y’all, can’t handle GMing and playing at once under the college schedule.
You know we have a world.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2022, 09:58:36 PM »

Okay, cool with me. I've also signed up for Dave's game, so I'll have another game to keep me busy (and honestly, two games might have been a little too much - since I do have semester finals in school over the next week or two).
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies