Opinion of recently banned poster: citizenZ
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:55:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of recently banned poster: citizenZ
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Poll
Question: Opinion of citizenZ
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 77

Author Topic: Opinion of recently banned poster: citizenZ  (Read 2906 times)
Fuzzy Stands With His Friend, Chairman Sanchez
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2022, 08:39:49 AM »

CitizenZ, were it not for the fact that he was a sock of a permabanned poster, arguably did not deserve a permaban, and he was permabanned before that fact came to light.

Some of the homophobic and transphobic things he posted on the night of his ban were deeply bigoted... on par with the worst I've seen on this forum before. He deserved at a bare minimum a several month ban for that.

I'm curious; what did Ferguson97 deserve?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: November 26, 2022, 08:44:05 AM »

CitizenZ, were it not for the fact that he was a sock of a permabanned poster, arguably did not deserve a permaban, and he was permabanned before that fact came to light.

Some of the homophobic and transphobic things he posted on the night of his ban were deeply bigoted... on par with the worst I've seen on this forum before. He deserved at a bare minimum a several month ban for that.

2 week or less ban from USGD. I PERSONALLY don't think crossing the line and saying something inappropriate about somebody deserves a long ban, unless you've already had multiple short-term bans and you continue to cross the line repeatedly. I think longer-term bans should be reserved for extreme cases or extremely bigoted stuff, Hitler worship, pro-genocide comments, etc etc. I think hurting somebody's feelings isn't a huge of a deal as spreading hate or hateful lies. Others may disagree and that's fine.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2022, 08:46:31 AM »

2 week or less ban from USGD. I PERSONALLY don't think crossing the line and saying something inappropriate about somebody deserves a long ban, unless you've already had multiple short-term bans and you continue to cross the line repeatedly. I think longer-term bans should be reserved for extreme cases or extremely bigoted stuff, Hitler worship, pro-genocide comments, etc etc. I think hurting somebody's feelings isn't a huge of a deal as spreading hate or hateful lies. Others may disagree and that's fine.

So stating that my ambition is to work as a guard at a Trans Interment Camp is OK?  Or using my family in his attack; is that OK?  Is that only deserving of a meaningless sanction?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2022, 08:52:29 AM »

So stating that my ambition is to work as a guard at a Trans Interment Camp is OK?  Or using my family in his attack; is that OK?  Is that only deserving of a meaningless sanction?

I didn't say it was okay. I said it wasn't the kind of thing I would endorse a long-term ban for (except for repeat offense #3, #4, #5, etc etc). Yes, I would apply that same standard to all posters and all avatar colours on either side of the slander. I'm just generally not a fan of HEAVILY infracting somebody for being an a55hole. There are other punishments, such as partially losing your reputation amongst other posters, that are associated with that.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2022, 08:59:37 AM »

So stating that my ambition is to work as a guard at a Trans Interment Camp is OK?  Or using my family in his attack; is that OK?  Is that only deserving of a meaningless sanction?

I didn't say it was okay. I said it wasn't the kind of thing I would endorse a long-term ban for (except for repeat offense #3, #4, #5, etc etc). Yes, I would apply that same standard to all posters and all avatar colours on either side of the slander. I'm just generally not a fan of HEAVILY infracting somebody for being an a55hole. There are other punishments, such as partially losing your reputation amongst other posters, that are associated with that.

At no time did you criticize Ferguson97 on this forum for this.  You never pointed out even the minimal standard that he hasn't even admitted fault in the matter.  You did, however, give me much flak for raising the issue of an inadequate sanction.

He's not lost any reputation, and you've helped him preserve his reputation, have you not?  And you have attacked me repeatedly for my position over this, have you not?  If this is your standard, why did you work to bring the exact opposite forth?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2022, 09:02:31 AM »

Holy sh*t Ferguson got punished by the mods for the comment Fuzzy will you seriously shut up already. Any possible goodwill you could of gotten out of your feud with him you flushed away with this childish tantrum that you have had for 2+weeks now
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2022, 09:10:33 AM »

At no time did you criticize Ferguson97 on this forum for this.  You never pointed out even the minimal standard that he hasn't even admitted fault in the matter.  You did, however, give me much flak for raising the issue of an inadequate sanction.

He's not lost any reputation, and you've helped him preserve his reputation, have you not?  And you have attacked me repeatedly for my position over this, have you not?  If this is your standard, why did you work to bring the exact opposite forth?

I haven't defended his actions. I haven't helped him preserve his reputation. I am not obligated to comment on it. I'm one out of thousands of users, and I would assume that 99% of users here don't care about my opinion on such matters. He WAS infracted and punished, and we all moved on. You should too. You have a grievance with the infraction, which has been duly noted by everybody including the moderators. It's time to move on.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2022, 09:11:56 AM »
« Edited: November 26, 2022, 08:48:57 PM by The Dowager Mod »

This thread is not the place for personal grudges, get it back on topic.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2022, 10:28:13 AM »

Four pages of nonstop bitching about other posters. And it's not even a classic Keystone Phil vs. Torie showdown or whatnot. At least those were interesting and even funny at times.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #84 on: November 26, 2022, 01:14:48 PM »

This does not change my position that your sanction is inadequate for your action, but I'll own it when I'm wrong.

Yeah, you made that clear with your 7 pages worth of posts about it.
When are you going to stop complaining about it?

Not for a while.  You deserve having to deal with it.

Mods,
Fuzzy's words above, are proof that he is HARASSING another user on Atlas. Following him around and continuously posting the same thing over and over and over again. The Ferguson incident was dealt with by your team. Fuzzy does not get to choose what kind of sanction is appropriate or not.

Please ask Fuzzy to stop harassing this user, and to stop harassing the rest of us with his repeated complaining/crying of "unjust mod treatment" of our Atlas community.
Thank you.

(I will post this here, and in the 'Moderating policies' thread, since the "User's complaint megathread' is currently locked.)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies