ME-Senate 2024: Return of the King?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:09:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ME-Senate 2024: Return of the King?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: ME-Senate 2024: Return of the King?  (Read 3120 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2022, 02:06:49 PM »
« edited: December 01, 2022, 02:12:54 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

So much for Senator Golden. If he wants to challenge Susan Collins in 2026, he’ll need to win reelection in 2024 first, which will be far more difficult than this year if Republicans win the presidency in 2024 (I don’t think Golden would give up his House seat to run against her in a midterm under a Democratic President).

Lol have you seen the Sen map in my signature Rs aren't winning in 24 lol you had LAXALT, Masters and Oz winning and DeSantis is under 50% in Emerson poll

In 2026 the blue wall in Secure even in a D midterm the only one survived was Johnson and Collins is no JOHNSON  and he only won by 1% due Kenosha in WOW COUNTIES  by Mandela Barnes

When are R users gonna learn it's a 303 map with 4% unemployment , but we don't know what wave insurance we can get because Eday is 2 yrs from now and we will all be watching KY Gov if Laura Kelly surviving then Stein and Beshear can win in 4%
Spectator
United States

« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2022, 03:28:06 PM »

So much for Senator Golden. If he wants to challenge Susan Collins in 2026, he’ll need to win reelection in 2024 first, which will be far more difficult than this year if Republicans win the presidency in 2024 (I don’t think Golden would give up his House seat to run against her in a midterm under a Democratic President).

Very big if, needless to say. 2022 was more headwinds for him than 2020 was, and he got the same winning margin.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2022, 05:30:16 PM »

Glorious news!
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2022, 05:32:01 PM »

Meh we could use new blood but I’d rather save Golden for later.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2022, 07:03:58 PM »

What makes you think 2024 will be a more red environment? You clowns still didn't learn- the American people don't like fascism, which is why you lost.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2022, 07:17:05 PM »
« Edited: December 01, 2022, 07:23:18 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

What makes you think 2024 will be a more red environment? You clowns still didn't learn- the American people don't like fascism, which is why you lost.

They never learn and If Ds nix the Filibuster it helps everyone but the rich and I know everyone on this forum aren't rich except Dave Leip it's based on their family income I know so, II lived in California for 6 yrs, Raising taxes on the wealthy helps everyone but the rich and Trump is a banker he doesn't help but the Super rich at least Bill Cosby, Oprah and Phylisha Rashad and Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston helped everyone but super rich unlike Trump

Like all the Trump judges are pausing Student Loan Discharge until Feb ACB already struck down blockage of Student Loans it's gonna be 5/4 or 6/3 in favor of 10Kstudent loans Discharge , just like they affirmed Obamacare 5/4 or 6/3 this Crt doesn't want an excuse for Crt packing the only thing this Crt is conservative on us Gerrymandering everything else it's to the center and women have abortion pills and birth control pills and male condems you should use it anyways unless you are married HIV is deadly
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2022, 10:32:25 PM »

Golden would be an interesting Senator. He's quite moderate and has voted against Dems on key things in the House. Would he do the same in the Senate representing a state that is blue leaning? At least he seems to have a clearer value set than Manchin and Sinema.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2022, 08:15:03 PM »

Golden would be an interesting Senator. He's quite moderate and has voted against Dems on key things in the House. Would he do the same in the Senate representing a state that is blue leaning? At least he seems to have a clearer value set than Manchin and Sinema.

He seems idiosyncratic on things like guns and crime and pretty liberal on everything else. He’s made a few tactical votes against the COVID stimulus and BBB, but he voted for the IRA, so I don’t know if those economic votes are genuine or not. My guess is no and that he did it because Democrats already had the votes.
miles prower
Rookie
United States
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2023, 04:39:43 PM »

We have at least one real Dem running here.

What are his chances?
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2023, 11:06:49 PM »

What are his chances?

Nil. I don't see how any Democrat can beat King, who obviously has the love and affection of nearly all Dem voters in ME.
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2023, 11:34:43 PM »

What are his chances?

DOA, just like everybody else not named Angus King.
GoldenMainer
Rookie

« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2023, 12:04:19 AM »

What are his chances?

Zero. I have no clue who this guy is but a quick Google Search shows him working in Maryland from 2003-2019. Mainers don't like candidates "from away".
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2023, 04:27:32 PM »

Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2023, 05:01:49 PM »

Oh come on doesn’t the man have grandchildren? He should just retire and enjoy his final years
JMT

« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2023, 05:22:53 PM »

Oh come on doesn’t the man have grandchildren? He should just retire and enjoy his final years

While it doesn’t particularly bother me that King is running again (he’s basically just an Independent in name only, he’s essentially a party line Democrat), I do think it’s very odd that politicians regularly run for office well into their 70s and 80s. I imagine when I’m that old, I won’t want to be working.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2023, 05:42:52 PM »

While it doesn’t particularly bother me that King is running again (he’s basically just an Independent in name only, he’s essentially a party line Democrat), I do think it’s very odd that politicians regularly run for office well into their 70s and 80s. I imagine when I’m that old, I won’t want to be working.

I wouldn’t call being a Senator or House member that hard of work. Especially when you’re safe.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2023, 05:56:07 PM »

Sorry, the only anti-minimum wage politician I support is Maggie
kwabbit

« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2023, 08:25:53 PM »

They only average like two days of work a week lol. Old senators in safe seats have plenty of time to spend with their grandchildren. It's honestly a great retirement job.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2023, 06:41:58 AM »

No more 70+ year old Senators. Yes, that includes my beloved Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders; I think they should retire too. I realize I'm being a hypocrite with my signature but just like...please. No more.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2023, 08:35:02 PM »

I would like to see Tucker Carlson run. Put his money where his mouth is in a low-stakes race that has an outside chance of becoming serious.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2023, 10:23:03 PM »

While I individually like King as a Senator, I really wish he would've retired, especially after witnessing this whole Dianne Feinstein situation.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2023, 05:21:26 PM »

I would like to see Tucker Carlson run. Put his money where his mouth is in a low-stakes race that has an outside chance of becoming serious.
An Angus King vs Tucker Carlson race would become very, very humiliating for Tucker very quickly. Bad idea.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies