FT 25.13: Green Vehicles Promotion Act of 2022 (Passed)

(1/3) > >>

The world will shine with light in our nightmare:

AN ACT
To help pay for affordable electric and hybrid vehicles

Be it enacted by the Parliament of Frémont assembled;

Section 1. Title

This resolution may be cited as the Green Vehicles Promotion Act of 2022 or "GVP 3.0".

Section 2. Content

1. Section 2 of the GVP shall be amended to;

"i. To encourage the purchase of greener vehicles, the Commonwealth of Fremont will provide a financial assistance based of CO2 emissions of the vehicle.

- For a vehicle that emits less than 30 grams of CO2 per mile, the financial assistance will be of $3,000.
- For a vehicle that emits between 31 and 60 grams of CO2 per mile, the financial assistance will be of $2,000.
- For a vehicle that emits between 61 and 130 grams of CO2 per mile, the financial assistance will be of $1,000.
ii. To discourage the purchase of polluting vehicles, the Commonwealth of Fremont will give a financial penalty based on CO2 emissions of the vehicle.

- For a car that emits between 201 and 240 grams of CO2 per mile, the financial penalty will be of $300.
- For a car that emits between 241 and 270 grams of CO2 per mile, the financial penalty will be of $700.
- For a car that emits more than 271 grams of CO2 per mile, the financial penalty will be of $1,000
iii. If the purchase of a vehicle described in Section 2, i. is accompanied by the scrapping of a vehicle over 10 years old an additional financial assistance of $1,750 is granted."
iv. For vehicles that are under $40,000 which emit below 130 grams of CO2 per mile, the government shall give financial assistance that is 10% of the value of the car.

2. This act shall take effect on January 1, 2023.

Sponsor: Ishan

The gentleman from Montana is recognized.

Continential:
Electric/hybrid cars are pretty expensive, and by providing an incentive for people buying cars below 40 grand - this act aims to lower prices of electric/hybrid cars and as a result, for more people to buy electric/hybrid cars instead of buying a gas car.

The world will shine with light in our nightmare:
I don't have a problem with this bill, but a price tag would be appreciated for the budget next month. Even if it's an estimate.

Continential:
Quote from: Country Liberal on November 15, 2022, 01:15:31 PM

I don't have a problem with this bill, but a price tag would be appreciated for the budget next month. Even if it's an estimate.

So there were 608,000 plug in electric/hybrid vehicles sold in the United States in 2021. Presuming that 500,000 people buy vehicles which are exactly 40,000, - $2,000,000,000 would be a reasonable estimate. However, my estimate doesn't account for vehicles being cheaper than 40k and for there to be fewer people buying cheaper vehicles as car companies would have to roll out their new cheaper cars in the third quarter of 2023 and as they would have to adjust for increased production.

Continential:
Motioning for a final vote.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page