TX-SEN 2024 megathread: The Hunt for the Zodiac Killer
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:40:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TX-SEN 2024 megathread: The Hunt for the Zodiac Killer
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19
Author Topic: TX-SEN 2024 megathread: The Hunt for the Zodiac Killer  (Read 22134 times)
RFK jr fan
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: May 19, 2023, 04:28:43 PM »

Any chance Sema Hernandez runs again? She’s a DSA member.
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #326 on: May 24, 2023, 12:23:02 AM »

Any chance Sema Hernandez runs again? She’s a DSA member.

Who?

Not like she'd make it past the primary anyways, or even come close.
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #327 on: May 24, 2023, 04:24:06 PM »

New poll: Cruz is somehow only 5 points ahead of Allred instead of the +10 I imagined him being at this point

Spectator
United States

« Reply #328 on: May 24, 2023, 05:01:54 PM »

New poll: Cruz is somehow only 5 points ahead of Allred instead of the +10 I imagined him being at this point

No Biden-Trump matchup here, though I don’t buy Biden being at 35-61 in approvals here based on 2022 not being reflective of that.

Cruz is polling worse than Trump’s favorables though, as most expected.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #329 on: May 24, 2023, 05:39:17 PM »

It's not what's going on now it's the end result and ALLRED can unseat Cruz

Harold Ford almost won so can ALLRED , this proves to Doomers that ALLRED can win Abbott win by 11
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #330 on: July 09, 2023, 07:15:20 PM »

Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #331 on: July 09, 2023, 10:39:14 PM »

They’re both very good, strong candidates but in very different ways. It’ll be hard to tell whose better for the general
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #332 on: July 09, 2023, 10:46:41 PM »

Calin Allred
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #333 on: July 10, 2023, 01:05:14 AM »
« Edited: July 10, 2023, 01:13:00 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

5 pts isn't that big of a Deal Nate Silver already is declaring on you tube a 51/49 S TX, AZ, OH and MT losing FL, MO and WV but I have a sneakingly feeling on MO

Dallas is the biggest city and it's the 4th largest city in the US why would ALLRED lose a D Primary due to Dallas, Austin  and Houston, Rodriguez can run in 26 against Cornyn, Cornyn is vulnerable in 26
JMT

« Reply #334 on: July 10, 2023, 06:29:47 AM »

coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #335 on: July 10, 2023, 08:27:41 AM »

I would imagine this guy is far to my right, but this is how I wanna see Dems campaign regardless of their ideological position. Keep the focus on how extreme and egregious the Rs are.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #336 on: July 10, 2023, 01:39:05 PM »

This is the kind of Warnock-style moderate wordsmithing that manages to still get liberals excited out of their minds.
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #337 on: July 10, 2023, 01:52:27 PM »

This is the kind of Warnock-style moderate wordsmithing that manages to still get liberals excited out of their minds.

And we all know how that ended
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #338 on: July 11, 2023, 05:55:30 PM »

Too bad Cristina Ramirez and Royce West bowed out this time, but these aren't a bad batch. Still doomed unless Biden can get the state within 3 points.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #339 on: July 11, 2023, 06:17:27 PM »
« Edited: July 11, 2023, 06:24:55 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Too bad Cristina Ramirez and Royce West bowed out this time, but these aren't a bad batch. Still doomed unless Biden can get the state within 3 points.

Lol nothing is Doom until we vote Polls Lie we overperformrned in 22/23 do users forget we win WI by 11 and PA and FL 52/48 as usual users keep going by the same silly Approvals that's why I donate to ALLRED

We aren't gonna sweep every race butO, TX OH, MT are certainly in play unknown about FL it's called wave insurance for a reason it's not known if we are gonna get more than 303 and Eday is a yr

They said Brown was Doom and he is leading it's called voting not poll

ALLRED has raised 6.2M dollars already , let's wait until after we see the results in LA, KY and MS G Rs supposed to sweep them because it's only supposed to be 303 map but Mary Peltola won in red AK
Spectator
United States

« Reply #340 on: July 11, 2023, 06:53:43 PM »

I would imagine this guy is far to my right, but this is how I wanna see Dems campaign regardless of their ideological position. Keep the focus on how extreme and egregious the Rs are.

I’m a lot more impressed with Gutierrez’s opening ad than Allred’s. Allred only gave a passing mention of vaguely working with Republicans, whereas Gutierrez seems to accurately recognize that he’ll need to do more than just give lip service to that if he wants to court the requisite crossover GOP support to actually win.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #341 on: July 11, 2023, 07:00:19 PM »
« Edited: July 11, 2023, 07:06:32 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

TX, MO and FL, OH, MT are wave insurance they are R but they elect D S and DG just like LA, NC, KY and MS does and the Rs dominate the state legislature it's the same thing what MI, WI and PA does vote R state legislatures but vote for DG and S it's called split voting that's why Ryan would be favored just like Brown is in a Prez yr than a Midterm and iAN helped Rs at the end especially John'son he won by 1 pt while EVERS won

That's why Presley and Beshesr and Stein can win. Win with 2/3rds R state legislatures FL isn't over we won the Jax mayor race it's trending D not R we lost FL by 20 Biden is losing by 10 try again to see FL in Oct 24 after the D S primary and an Impact Fazio poll will have it 50/45 Trump

Impact and Fazio poll had Presley down only 3 in MS

Grayson. Boswell and Joseph are all frontrunner for D Senatirs in FL and it will be 50/45 Scott in Oct 24 just like it was Rubio 50/45 over Demings pre IAN in a Listber Poll

Rs outnumber us by 500,K not 2M that's why it's a 50/45 R state that's winnable , just like ALLRED is down 50/45 and Kunce is down 50/45 not a landslide
JM1295
Rookie
United States
« Reply #342 on: July 13, 2023, 09:26:26 AM »

I mean that's entirely possible? Biden lost Texas by 5 in 2020 so doing two points better isn't a heavy lift, especially with the shift from 2016 to 2020 in the state. Honestly, it seems like Ted Cruz himself, despite his many flaws, takes the race a lot more seriously than many people posting in this thread.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #343 on: July 15, 2023, 09:53:28 PM »

I have a feeling this primary will break heavily along racial and regional lines.

Assuming both Allred and Gutierrez both remain viable candidates, I'd expect Gutierrez to sweep basically all of the border, the panhandle, and generally most heavily Hispanic communities throughout the state. Allred I suspect will do better in the cities, particularly amongst white liberals and black voters. Also prolly gets a regional boost in Dallas.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #344 on: July 16, 2023, 09:12:00 AM »

I have a feeling this primary will break heavily along racial and regional lines.

Assuming both Allred and Gutierrez both remain viable candidates, I'd expect Gutierrez to sweep basically all of the border, the panhandle, and generally most heavily Hispanic communities throughout the state. Allred I suspect will do better in the cities, particularly amongst white liberals and black voters. Also prolly gets a regional boost in Dallas.

I just hope it doesn’t turn really negative and that Gutierrez isn’t a sore loser.  I like Gutierrez and think he could have a real statewide future down the road, but this just isn’t his year.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #345 on: July 16, 2023, 09:24:46 AM »

ALLRED is gonna the bellwether is OH,AZ, NM and NV Trump was doing better in polls before Affirmative Action he was leading 49/41 in NV now Biden leads 51/49

Beto was coming back in TX but he has a stuttering problem ALLRED doesn't have that problem

It's a long time til Eday anyways

You donate money to Biden who. Is down 10 in FL and Ron DeSantis is the Gov of that state you donate to Brown, Tester, Gallego and Kunce and ALLRED which I have done
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #346 on: July 18, 2023, 02:04:01 PM »

That's probably going to be an Allred win then because hispanic voters don't have high turnout.
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #347 on: July 21, 2023, 02:49:43 PM »

Who do you think wins Bexar in the primary? I’m leaning towards Gutierrez because of the regional boost, though it wouldn’t surprise me if Popovich (the Spurs coach) endorsed him.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #348 on: July 22, 2023, 05:15:20 AM »

If I understand correctly, the moment Texas turns democrat it's game over for the republicans right ?

As Texas suprême court officeholder are Elected, as soon as the dems elect a majority of them they will strike down the maps right?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #349 on: July 22, 2023, 01:41:18 PM »

If I understand correctly, the moment Texas turns democrat it's game over for the republicans right ?

This is undoubtedly true at the Presidential level.  Republicans have no reasonable paths to a victory without Texas.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies