Does Colin Allred win Collin County?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:01:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Does Colin Allred win Collin County?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Does Colin Allred win Collin County?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: Does Colin Allred win Collin County?  (Read 549 times)
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 16, 2024, 09:57:02 AM »

No Democrat has won the County in decades but he currently represents a small piece of the County in Congress, and it has generally zoomed left in recent cycles thanks to rapid growth and suburbanization. He also almost shares the same name as the County. Does he win it against Cruz in 2024?
walleye26

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2024, 06:32:14 PM »

Voted Yes. I think it will be very close though.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2024, 10:59:04 AM »

Yes, I voted yes that R underestimate ALLRED because they think he will lose like Beto, he isn't Beto
Unbeatable Titan Susan Collins
johnzaharoff

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2024, 12:08:03 PM »

Cruz won it by 6 in 2018 and Corryn won it by 11 in 2022.

I expect Cruz to carry it. Certainly one that may flip democratic later in the decade though.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2024, 03:27:24 PM »

Probably not, but it is one of those counties where the potential electorate has changed significantly even in just 4 years. Census population estimates have Collin County gaining 120k residents between 2020-2023. Another year of robust growth means there’s a potential for some surprises there. Obviously not even a majority of new residents will necessarily vote, but it’s possible some surprises could happen, and other suburban/exurban counties could see pretty strong swings as well. Collin used to be pretty consistently to the right of the statewide margin, but it leans Dem now (in O’Rourke’s runs, it went from being R+3.5 of the state to D+1).  I’d imagine it’ll be blue if Allred wins, but I don’t expect that.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2024, 03:32:24 PM »

Probably not, but it is one of those counties where the potential electorate has changed significantly even in just 4 years. Census population estimates have Collin County gaining 120k residents between 2020-2023. Another year of robust growth means there’s a potential for some surprises there. Obviously not even a majority of new residents will necessarily vote, but it’s possible some surprises could happen, and other suburban/exurban counties could see pretty strong swings as well. Collin used to be pretty consistently to the right of the statewide margin, but it leans Dem now (in O’Rourke’s runs, it went from being R+3.5 of the state to D+1).  I’d imagine it’ll be blue if Allred wins, but I don’t expect that.

Yeah, winning Collin is necessary but not sufficient for both Allred and Biden. If they flip Denton, I think they've won the state.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2024, 12:17:40 AM »

You might even say the county isn't Allred anymore.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2024, 10:02:49 AM »

Yeah, winning Collin is necessary but not sufficient for both Allred and Biden. If they flip Denton, I think they've won the state.

I’m not even sure flipping Denton is indicative of Dems flipping the state anymore on it’s own. DFW seems to be in a world of it’s own in terms of it’s Dem-friendly trend in a way Houston isn’t.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2024, 11:01:19 AM »

I’m not even sure flipping Denton is indicative of Dems flipping the state anymore on it’s own. DFW seems to be in a world of it’s own in terms of it’s Dem-friendly trend in a way Houston isn’t.

Ye I could easily see Biden winning both Denton and Collin but losing TX statewide; that might actually be pretty close to the median outcome right now.

If Denton flips, the state is at least close though (like within 3%) because it likely suggests Dems are having another cycle of massive suburban gains around the state.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2024, 11:08:40 AM »

Ah yes, the famed Homonym Bump. An electoral effect almost as powerful as mega-coattails.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies