MI-SEN 2024 Megathread - Amash in
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:06:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MI-SEN 2024 Megathread - Amash in
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 26
Author Topic: MI-SEN 2024 Megathread - Amash in  (Read 28974 times)
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: May 08, 2023, 03:25:19 PM »

As much as I wish it were Benson and not Slotkin, this race is definitely Dem advantage. Slotkin's a monster fundraiser and Tuttle does not have broad appeal. The GOP's best shot is Peters' seat in a Biden midterm, and only with a better candidate than Dixon.

So lean, if not likely, democratic
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #301 on: May 12, 2023, 02:56:03 PM »

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #302 on: May 18, 2023, 05:17:07 PM »

Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #303 on: May 18, 2023, 06:23:41 PM »

Endorsed if she actually runs. I like Slotkin, but I'd prefer somebody more progressive. And she sounds like she's exactly what I'm looking for.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #304 on: May 18, 2023, 06:30:44 PM »

Gross
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #305 on: May 18, 2023, 06:38:25 PM »

It's safe Slotkin the only one that can beat Slotkin is Gilchrist but he may run for Gov in 26 , unlike CA with Lee and MD with Alsobrooks

Ty Pickens is in the same boat running for S in MS
Galeel
Oashigo
United States

« Reply #306 on: May 19, 2023, 10:54:01 AM »

Endorsed! Someone needs to stop Slotkin.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #307 on: May 19, 2023, 11:00:19 AM »

I know Slotkin is really strong but what's Snyder like? Is she just generic R basically?

Young mom who's also a nurse focusing on educational issues strikes me as a really strong archetype (see Jen Kiggans from 2022), but she's a weak fundraiser and her way-down-the-ballot 2016 victory looks like a fluke more than anything else (46R-43D, with 11% going to a zillion third-party candidates; for some reason way-down-the-ballot Michigan races always have high third-party totals), and a raw percentage which was less than Trump's.

Tuttle seems like he has the same logic as McCormick; this is noticing that the GOP was outspent for all of its targets in 2022 and trying to find people who can personally outspend the Democratic party. The failure mode of this kind of technique is Kelly Loeffler; the success is...well...Steve Daines himself, who authentically grew up in Montana (went to high school and college there), but got rich elsewhere before moving back and successfully outspending the opposition to become a Senator. Tuttle has much closer links to Michigan (and McCormick to Pennsylvania) than Oz had to Pennsylvania, but "Wall Street" might be a more effective attack than "RightNow Technologies" (which no one has ever heard of). McCormick can play the veteran card (I left Pennsylvania to go fight in Iraq), but I don't think that's a card available to Tuttle.

Tuttle is not great, but the alternative here isn't some stellar candidate, it's someone like Tudor Dixon.

Yeah. Meijer would be a great GE candidate, but unfortunately he'd never make it through the primary.

By no means a Meijer fan but this seems to assume too much; he has a clear lane yo a chunk of the vote and could come through a divided field. He’s not Cheney or Kinzinger.

Meijer would be a great GE candidate, but he'd never make it through a statewide primary. I think he could make it through a House primary, or something similar, in western Michigan, and he's young enough and still on sufficiently personally good terms with the local far-right that once Trump is water under the bridge a comeback is totally possible, but a statewide primary win for Meijer in 2024 isn't going to happen.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #308 on: May 19, 2023, 03:38:26 PM »
« Edited: May 19, 2023, 03:42:19 PM by Not Me, Us »

Definitely my favorite candidate as of now, but I'm really not that opposed to Slotkin. She'd almost definitely be stronger in the general election and would be pretty much generic D in the Senate.
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #309 on: May 23, 2023, 01:30:07 PM »

BREAKING: Pamela Pugh IN

Endorsed
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #310 on: May 23, 2023, 02:36:51 PM »

Endorsed

What do you have against Slotkin?
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #311 on: May 23, 2023, 02:39:20 PM »

Endorsed

It’s nothing against Slotkin personally, I’d just rather have someone a little more progressive than her, and Pugh seems to be the one
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #312 on: May 23, 2023, 02:52:05 PM »

Endorsed

It's a Dem primary just like Rs for Prez are having a D primary but Scott has zero chance in fact all of the Rs has zero chance it's a 303 map with wave insurance the blk vote with this RH is more detrimental to Rs than 2016/20 the Rs are cutting entitlement and state Govs are still issuing stimulus checks
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #313 on: May 24, 2023, 12:51:59 AM »

Slotkin is obviously going to easily win this primary and anyone running against her is wasting their time.
JMT

« Reply #314 on: June 30, 2023, 04:23:43 PM »

Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #315 on: June 30, 2023, 04:32:30 PM »

Rogers, who is very interventionist (and openly very supportive of mass surveillance), feels like a throwback to the Bush era, and without some changes to his presentation I'd be surprised to see him winning the nomination. (And -- while I'm not worried about this for Sheehy or McCormick -- I think Tuttle would be very vulnerable to carpetbagging allegations). Meijer would obviously be very strong if he could make it to a general election but even in a primary divided many ways I think it would be very hard for him to get nominated. (But I think he makes this race, like, outright Leans R if he wins.)

I continue to think that, at least on paper, Nikki Snyder should be a very strong option for both the primary and the general. People not taking her seriously are kind of creating a self-fulfilling prophecy but I don't understand the point of it.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #316 on: June 30, 2023, 06:09:13 PM »

Rogers, who is very interventionist (and openly very supportive of mass surveillance), feels like a throwback to the Bush era, and without some changes to his presentation I'd be surprised to see him winning the nomination. (And -- while I'm not worried about this for Sheehy or McCormick -- I think Tuttle would be very vulnerable to carpetbagging allegations). Meijer would obviously be very strong if he could make it to a general election but even in a primary divided many ways I think it would be very hard for him to get nominated. (But I think he makes this race, like, outright Leans R if he wins.)

I continue to think that, at least on paper, Nikki Snyder should be a very strong option for both the primary and the general. People not taking her seriously are kind of creating a self-fulfilling prophecy but I don't understand the point of it.

Biden is at 41/54 Approvals and Trump is at 31/65 Trump isn't winning a 303 state
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #317 on: June 30, 2023, 11:07:29 PM »

Hopefully Rs nominate a good candidate, John James came within 2% of winning in 2020 and now with no incumbent the seat is absolutely winnable for the GOP. A credible R candidate has the ability to put this race as tossup and its totally worth it especially if Trump manages to win Michigan in 2024. Besides, they have much better chances here than Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Minnesota due to the lack of a Dem incumbent.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #318 on: July 01, 2023, 05:10:17 AM »

Hopefully Rs nominate a good candidate, John James came within 2% of winning in 2020 and now with no incumbent the seat is absolutely winnable for the GOP. A credible R candidate has the ability to put this race as tossup and its totally worth it especially if Trump manages to win Michigan in 2024. Besides, they have much better chances here than Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Minnesota due to the lack of a Dem incumbent.

Lol Rs aren't winning MI we flipped the state Legislature Trump is down 10 in WI
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #319 on: July 01, 2023, 06:05:42 PM »

Trump has less than a 20% chance of winning Michigan honestly. He only carries it if he’s winning nationwide comfortably.

Besides he’s not even guaranteed to be the nominee.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #320 on: July 03, 2023, 09:10:26 AM »

Slotkin was recently on the New York Times' Run-Up podcast and I was really impressed by her. She's not AOC but she's still a very mainstream Dem that doesn't seem problematic in any of her positions? I don't get what some Dems (especially on Election Twitter) have against her. She seems perfectly normal and what your average dem in a place like Michigan would be.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #321 on: July 03, 2023, 09:32:38 AM »

Slotkin was recently on the New York Times' Run-Up podcast and I was really impressed by her. She's not AOC but she's still a very mainstream Dem that doesn't seem problematic in any of her positions? I don't get what some Dems (especially on Election Twitter) have against her. She seems perfectly normal and what your average dem in a place like Michigan would be.

This seat hasn't been open for 24 yrs and Carl Levin was a long-term Senator as well that's why people are against her, Barbara Lee and Pamela Pugh aren't well known yet but just like in FL they can be and the primary will heat up

I still support Barbara Lee and Pamela Pugh and Rod JOSEPH but I don't have to Donate to them like I am with Brown and ALLRED and Kunce and CARILLO, Garcia is  HONE so is Kean, Lawler, Santos and Boebert

It's Lean D seat anyways we flipped the MI state legislature
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #322 on: July 03, 2023, 09:41:28 AM »

Yeah she's at worst Amy Klobuchar and at best Kirsten Gillibrand. She would be absolutely no threat to the Dems' agenda. Personally, I wouldn't have any issue with her winning the primary.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #323 on: July 03, 2023, 09:53:18 AM »

Well, I can't imagine why any leftists here would have an (((issue))) with her.
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #324 on: July 03, 2023, 10:25:42 AM »

I mean I hate to say this as a progressive, but most people on Election Twitter I’ve followed seem to have a "If they aren’t 100% aligned with the Bernie/AOC crowd, they are a conservadem/Sinema 2.0" mindset. They seem to also have a new found beef for Josh Shapiro and occasionally Katie Porter and Adam Schiff for the same reasoning.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 26  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies