MT-Sen 2024 Megathread: Unbeatable Titan Tester
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:42:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MT-Sen 2024 Megathread: Unbeatable Titan Tester
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19
Author Topic: MT-Sen 2024 Megathread: Unbeatable Titan Tester  (Read 25934 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: March 19, 2024, 05:29:48 AM »

Tester and Brown are gonna win
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #426 on: March 19, 2024, 09:30:00 AM »

I feel like the abortion amendments are a bit of a double edged sword. They're undoubtedly good to bring pro-choice voters out to vote; but I do wonder in a state like MT if there would be some ticket splitting, of some voters who are like "well I don't have to vote for Tester necessarily since I'm voting for the abortion amendment already" etc
Independents for Nihilism
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« Reply #427 on: April 06, 2024, 12:53:59 PM »

Montana GOP Senate candidate says he lied to ranger about gunshot wound in 2015

My understanding is Sheehy was shot in Afghanistan, in what was likely a friendly-fire incident, covered it up, and made up the story about accidentally shooting himself when a medical examination for an unrelated injury turned up the lodged bullet. For what it's worth, he apparently committed a crime by lying to a park ranger about this, but it's past the statute of limitations and that's probably just noise in a cycle like this anyway, even past the primary.
mtvoter
United States
« Reply #428 on: April 07, 2024, 10:54:46 AM »

I feel like the abortion amendments are a bit of a double edged sword. They're undoubtedly good to bring pro-choice voters out to vote; but I do wonder in a state like MT if there would be some ticket splitting, of some voters who are like "well I don't have to vote for Tester necessarily since I'm voting for the abortion amendment already" etc

There will always be voters like that for amendments, but it's still a huge net positive.
mtvoter
United States
« Reply #429 on: April 07, 2024, 10:55:11 AM »

There will always be voters like that for amendments, but it's still a huge net positive for Tester.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #430 on: April 07, 2024, 12:15:40 PM »

My understanding is Sheehy was shot in Afghanistan, in what was likely a friendly-fire incident, covered it up, and made up the story about accidentally shooting himself when a medical examination for an unrelated injury turned up the lodged bullet. For what it's worth, he apparently committed a crime by lying to a park ranger about this, but it's past the statute of limitations and that's probably just noise in a cycle like this anyway, even past the primary.

"We can now project that Montana Democrat Jon Tester has been re-elected to a 4th term in the United States Senate, defeating his Republican challenger, Tim Sheehy"

Independents for Nihilism
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« Reply #431 on: April 07, 2024, 02:12:41 PM »

"We can now project that Montana Democrat Jon Tester has been re-elected to a 4th term in the United States Senate, defeating his Republican challenger, Tim Sheehy"

I doubt this actually hurts Sheehy. You think Montana republicans will see lying to a fed to protect platoonmates as a bad thing?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #432 on: April 07, 2024, 02:21:12 PM »

I doubt this actually hurts Sheehy. You think Montana republicans will see lying to a fed to protect platoonmates as a bad thing?

If anything, this makes him more relatable, like a common man. Tester better keep trimming his flattop.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #433 on: April 07, 2024, 02:48:55 PM »
« Edited: April 07, 2024, 02:53:04 PM by brucejoel99 »

https://twitter.com/MailOnline/status/1776717948125663259
https://twitter.com/pdmcleod/status/1776998257098453079

Why are you automatically believing what could be a cover story? "Senate candidate claims in stump speech he was shot in Afghanistan, but reporter uncovers evidence he accidentally shot himself stateside years later" gets followed-up by "I won't lie about being shot in Afghanistan anymore but will admit to lying in 2015 when I claimed that I was shot stateside & lying ever since when I've claimed that I was shot by the enemy in Afghanistan"... & you accept the premise that he's now being entirely truthful in claiming that he told just those lies only, & only to avoid an internal Pentagon investigation!? You believe his claim that he was so scared of a Park Ranger triggering a Pentagon investigation into a 3-year-old bullet wound that he was forced to claim that it was a fresh bullet wound while simultaneously publicly claiming that he was in fact shot on deployment? Really, how is his claim that he was so scared of triggering a Pentagon investigation that he had to cover-up his being shot in Afghanistan consistent with the numerous times that he publicly claimed that he was shot in Afghanistan?

I think any Montana Republicans who served honorably would be insulted by how much of a bad thing they'd rightly think it was that we may have a case of Mr. Stolen Valor Schmuck embellishing his service record here.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #434 on: April 07, 2024, 03:10:35 PM »

If anything, this makes him more relatable, like a common man. Tester better keep trimming his flattop.

The common man, famous for falsely claiming to have accidentally shot himself.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #435 on: April 07, 2024, 04:30:59 PM »

Maybe he went hunting with Dick Cheney.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #436 on: April 11, 2024, 05:59:56 AM »

Somebody seems scared of a potentially impending story:

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #437 on: April 11, 2024, 07:35:35 AM »

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #438 on: April 11, 2024, 08:56:21 AM »

Yeah this isn't Lean R
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #439 on: April 11, 2024, 09:16:25 AM »

Just re-upping this:

High risk/high reward move for Republicans here - of course he could wind up being a superstar but these first-time candidates tend to require a lot of hand-holding at the start (and sometimes longer, see J.D. Vance) and are usually prone to damaging oppo as they're more difficult to vet before they announce.
Zenobiyl
United States

« Reply #440 on: April 11, 2024, 10:10:35 AM »

More sure of my MT dem OH gop prediction every passing day…
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #441 on: April 11, 2024, 11:48:00 AM »

Tester is one of the luckiest men in politics JFC dude
kwabbit

« Reply #442 on: April 11, 2024, 12:57:15 PM »

I doubt this will do anything, this is kinda the definition of a smear.

He was the co-pilot, being trained but not actively flying the plane. It lost engine power under the control of the pilot and crashed, killing the pilot. The article title is trying to imply that he was in control of the plane and killed a passenger through negligence, but he himself is lucky that he didn't die as a result of something outside his control.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #443 on: April 11, 2024, 01:21:22 PM »

Lmao, Republicans are just incapable of nominating halfway sane and scandal-free candidates in downballot races that matter.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #444 on: April 11, 2024, 01:59:56 PM »

Is it too late for republicans to replace Sheehy? This is disqualifying and he should be removed.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #445 on: April 11, 2024, 03:07:32 PM »

He was the co-pilot, being trained but not actively flying the plane. It lost engine power under the control of the pilot and crashed, killing the pilot. The article title is trying to imply that he was in control of the plane and killed a passenger through negligence, but he himself is lucky that he didn't die as a result of something outside his control.

"I doubt this will do anything"

He literally did his own mini-9/11.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #446 on: April 11, 2024, 03:14:56 PM »

Is it too late for republicans to replace Sheehy? This is disqualifying and he should be removed.

You think it is disqualifying to be a trainee co-pilot on a plane that loses power?
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #447 on: April 11, 2024, 03:24:59 PM »

You think it is disqualifying to be a trainee co-pilot on a plane that loses power?

Relax I'm just being a hack.
kwabbit

« Reply #448 on: April 11, 2024, 03:52:59 PM »

"I doubt this will do anything"

He literally did his own mini-9/11.

This is like saying the pilots on the 9/11 planes did 9/11 instead of the hijackers. The now dead pilot did a mini 9/11 if anything.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #449 on: April 11, 2024, 07:29:04 PM »

Tilt D at best even with this development. It's an embarrassment for Sheehy, no doubt, but Republicans have rationalized voting for worse.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies