If President Biden Wins Re-Election in 2024, Who Do the GOP Pick to Run in 2028?

<< < (2/6) > >>

WestVegeta:
If Trump loses to Biden in 2024 and DeSantis is rendered radioactive by a bruising primary, or if DeSantis loses to Biden in the 2024 general election, the Republicans are gonna have to look elsewhere, away from Trumpism and its softer variants.

I think the Republicans (well, those of them who don't implode and start trying to go full rebellion) will try to go further in on that "multiracial working class" thing and push for a conservatism that looks something like European Christian Democracy. Spencer Cox may be a good pick. Tim Scott, too. Maybe Joe Lombardo?

morgieb:
Depends on who he beat in 2024.

If it was Trump, probably DeSantis especially if he pushed Trump all the way in the primary.

If DeSantis was the nominee or he crashed and burned early....trickier. Youngkin might be a good chance if he can keep his name in the headlights after 2025. Maybe Rubio could make a comeback? It feels like a lot of their better known candidates are either too toxic or feel like they're tied to a too different tradition to win.

President Johnson:
Maybe J.D. Vance?

Frodo:
Quote from: WestVegeta on November 13, 2022, 11:13:50 PM

If Trump loses to Biden in 2024 and DeSantis is rendered radioactive by a bruising primary, or if DeSantis loses to Biden in the 2024 general election, the Republicans are gonna have to look elsewhere, away from Trumpism and its softer variants.

I think the Republicans (well, those of them who don't implode and start trying to go full rebellion) will try to go further in on that "multiracial working class" thing and push for a conservatism that looks something like European Christian Democracy. Spencer Cox may be a good pick. Tim Scott, too. Maybe Joe Lombardo?

Senator Tim Scott is a good choice for sure.  Another would be Gov. Brian Kemp. 

Ferguson97:
If Biden beats Trump in 2024, then it's DeSantis.

If Biden beats DeSantis in 2024, then I have no clue. They would have to do some serious introspection of their 'post-Trump rising star' falls flat on his face.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page