How would you vote and what would be the results of this nationwide ballot referendum? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:37:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  How would you vote and what would be the results of this nationwide ballot referendum? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What would be the results of this nationwide ballot referendum on abortion?

YES: Abortion will be banned in all cases, including rape or incest, with the sole exception of saving the life of the mother.

NO: Abortion will be legal in all circumstance
I vote yes/yes wins

I vote yes/no wins

I vote no/no wins

I vote no/yes wins

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 80

Author Topic: How would you vote and what would be the results of this nationwide ballot referendum?  (Read 1790 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: December 19, 2022, 02:40:29 PM »

Probably option 3. But you realize this is not how referendums work, right? Almost always, I believe, the “No” option means the status quo, it means no changes to the current system. It’s very rare where a referendum makes a dramatic change no matter which way the vote goes. It  would be one referendum on banning abortion (with a yes win banning abortion and a no win leaving the status quo intact) and a separate one to make it completely legal (where a yes vote would do so, and a no vote would leave things as they currently stand). If that’s the way this was presented, by the way, I would vote No on both and I believe a majority would vote the same way on both referendums (what would be highly interesting is if both referendums somehow passed - of course, it would be next to impossible that that actually happened, but if both referendums were voted on simultaneously, on the same ballot, and both were approved by the voters, what would happen? Would they simply “cancel each other out?”)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies