To Save A State - a 2022 election game (interest thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:04:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  To Save A State - a 2022 election game (interest thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: To Save A State - a 2022 election game (interest thread)  (Read 1479 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: December 09, 2022, 02:05:11 AM »

I rather wish you'd reconsider the idea of allowing real people for this game.

For some reason, the idea of a Phil Knight independent candidacy appeals to me.

Phil Knight would be pretty overpowered at the beginning having unlimited funding and 100% name recognition

Need I remind people money does not buy success in politics, or we'd have been talking about President Romney after the 2012 election?

Better example: Michael Bloomberg. He poured, like, billions of dollars into his campaign only to win one territory (not even an actual state, but just a territory).
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2022, 02:06:10 AM »

Character App
Name: Dani Avison
Age and DOB: 45 in January, 46 in November (b. Sep. 5, 1976)
Hometown: Warrendale, Oregon
Current Residence: Warrendale, Oregon
Political Party: Republican (though I'm willing to go indy if OBD nixes the idea of my being a Republican)
Background: Avison was born and raised in Warrendale to a single mother. Seeing a series of men break her mother's heart throughout her life resulted in Avison growing distrustful of men. Her mother's murder in 2003, on the night Avison learned she passed the bar, resulted in Avison, otherwise bisexual, refusing to date men at all. She has one daughter, Petra, born Peter in 2002. Petra was raised by her grandmother before her death as her mother was a law student, and came out as a transgender girl in 2019. Avison was personally laissez-faire when it came to transgender issues, but she actively supported her daughter because she'd reduced the number of men in the world.
Political Record*: Avison was discouraged from running against Mark Johnson in 2016 by the local Democratic Party. Thus armed, she became a Republican in January 2017 and schmoozed the local Republican Party to get appointed to Johnson's seat when he resigned later in 2017. Avison narrowly won re-election in 2018 and 2020, winning roughly 51% of the vote in both the primary and the general in both years. Her voting record is shown below, bold are endorsements. Avison's campaign is one run on upholding the Consitiution [sic], the Bill of Rights, the abolition of all men, inalienable rights for all, and individual liberty. But not necessarily in that order.
Voting Record since 2012: Jill Stein for President 2012, Dani Avison (WI) for Governor 2014/Senate 2016/Congress 2012/2014/2016/2018, Hillary Clinton for President 2016, Kate Brown for Governor 2016/2018, Jo Rae Perkins for Senate 2020, Jo Jorgensen for President 2020, Joanna Harbour for Congress 2020
Visual Description**: Janet from The Good Place comes to mind, even though the concept is very loosely based on Ann Davison.

Jesus Christ
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2022, 02:19:49 AM »

Character App
Name:
Hometown:
Current Residence:
Political Party:
Background:
Political Record*:
Visual Description**:
Additional Information:

I think I'd be interested. I'll go with my same character as last time - Heather Cooper - but I'll change a few details, I think.

Name: Heather Cooper
Age and DOB: December 13, 1988 (age 34 if/when sworn in)
Hometown: Gold Beach, Curry County, OR
Current Residence: Gold Beach, Curry County, OR
Political Party: Republican
Background: Cooper, comes from a working-class family that works in the fishing industry in coastal Oregon. Upon graduating from community college in Curry County, Cooper became the first person in her family to have graduated from college. Subsequently, Cooper was elected as a Republican to the Oregon House of Representatives in 2014, at the age of 26, from District 1. Two years later, in 2016, she was elected to the Oregon Senate from District 1. Both districts are in Southwest Oregon and include all of Curry County. Cooper has been known for her knowledge of local issues, as well as her senate office's accessibility, reachability, and efficiency. She is known as a conservative but pragmatic Republican. She was reelected to the Senate in a landslide in 2020, outperforming Donald Trump.
Visual Description: Fairly attractive. Light brown hair, blue-green eyes, about 5'7''. Resembles Hope Hicks.
Additional Info: Yeah I think I said all I had to say in the "Background" section.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2022, 02:14:42 PM »

🙄

Besides, your character has about as much of a chance at winning as Doyle Brooks
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2022, 02:40:46 PM »

🙄

Besides, your character has about as much of a chance at winning as Doyle Brooks
From what I can recall, last time Brooks and Cooper faced off, Brooks was winning xd

Yes, certainly. But the truth is Brooks would never have won, and never will win, the GE. Primary? Maybe (and I’m going to move Cooper to the right now - she will no longer state the obvious and admit that Trump lost, but to appease the sore-loser GOP base, she will instead try to finesse the issue-that-shouldn’t-be-up-for-debate-to-begin-with a la Youngkin). But the general, in an electorate as liberal as Oregon’s? Don’t care how unpopular Kate Brown is, he’d still lose comfortably if this game intends to bear the slightest semblance to real life.

I don’t think the primary will be easy for Cooper to win by any means. But in the general, I hold that Cooper would have a much better shot than Brooks (unless you moderate him a bit? IDK).
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2022, 02:51:17 PM »

🙄

From what I can recall, last time Brooks and Cooper faced off, Brooks was winning xd

Yes, certainly. But the truth is Brooks would never have won, and never will win, the GE. Primary? Maybe (and I’m going to move Cooper to the right now - she will no longer state the obvious and admit that Trump lost, but to appease the sore-loser GOP base, she will instead try to finesse the issue-that-shouldn’t-be-up-for-debate-to-begin-with a la Youngkin). But the general, in an electorate as liberal as Oregon’s? Don’t care how unpopular Kate Brown is, he’d still lose comfortably if this game intends to bear the slightest semblance to real life.

I don’t think the primary will be easy for Cooper to win by any means. But in the general, I hold that Cooper would have a much better shot than Brooks (unless you moderate him a bit? IDK).
There will be a jungle primary. This should be interesting. OBD, is the game still on?

Well that makes things VERY interesting. Maybe playing myself as a moderate is the best way to go.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2022, 03:26:51 PM »

Btw I do want to note that it could take me a while between turns to get my stuff up. Like I might not post or even log on and check my alerts/PMs for a week or ten days at a time. If that's going to be a problem - like if you intend for each round to only last a couple days - let me know. But if I play, I should warn you in advance it can take me a while to get my posts up (since I only log on once every week or two, and will have my semester finals to study for and complete over the next few weeks as well).
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2022, 09:58:36 PM »

Okay, cool with me. I've also signed up for Dave's game, so I'll have another game to keep me busy (and honestly, two games might have been a little too much - since I do have semester finals in school over the next week or two).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies