AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:27:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 41
Author Topic: AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT)  (Read 48265 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: February 01, 2023, 03:53:43 PM »

Very skeptical that Sinema would approach 30% as an Independent:

The survey, which was conducted for Progress Arizona, LUCHA, and Replace Sinema PAC, tests out two different potential Republican candidates: conspiracy theorist Kari Lake, who claims she won the 2022 race for governor, and former Gov. Doug Ducey:

Gallego (D): 50, Lake (R): 45

Gallego (D): 36, Lake (R): 36, Sinema (I-inc): 24

Gallego (D): 37, Ducey (R): 31, Sinema (I-inc): 27

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2023/2/1/2150565/-New-Arizona-poll-shows-Gallego-can-win-even-if-Sinema-runs-but-senator-can-still-hinder-his-chances
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #426 on: February 01, 2023, 04:05:04 PM »

The survey, which was conducted for Progress Arizona, LUCHA, and Replace Sinema PAC, tests out two different potential Republican candidates: conspiracy theorist Kari Lake, who claims she won the 2022 race for governor, and former Gov. Doug Ducey:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2023/2/1/2150565/-New-Arizona-poll-shows-Gallego-can-win-even-if-Sinema-runs-but-senator-can-still-hinder-his-chances

Sinema’s absolute limit is 20%, and even that is a tall order. Realisticly I think she won’t break 15%
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #427 on: February 01, 2023, 07:46:52 PM »

This poll seems quite sus for a variety of reasons.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #428 on: February 02, 2023, 06:51:11 AM »

I knew Arizonans have soured on Ducey but I didn't expect him doing so much worse than a nutjob like Lake.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #429 on: February 02, 2023, 06:58:50 AM »

Polls this far out are meaningless for 24 why are people so concerned over polls it's Feb 23
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #430 on: February 02, 2023, 10:29:08 AM »

Lmao, Lake doing better than Ducey? Not sure if that means the poll is trash or if it means the AZ GOP is speedrunning the Colorado-ification of the state.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #431 on: February 02, 2023, 10:29:50 AM »

Lmao, Lake doing better than Ducey? Not sure if that means the poll is trash or if it means the AZ GOP is speedrunning the Colorado-ification of the state.

Didn't Lake already rule out running? Wikipedia at least says so.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #432 on: February 02, 2023, 10:31:10 AM »

LoL it's 2 yrs till Eday with no ads
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #433 on: February 02, 2023, 09:17:58 PM »

Didn't Lake already rule out running? Wikipedia at least says so.
She met with NRSC officials today so she probably hasn’t. Definitely a likely possibility she runs.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #434 on: February 03, 2023, 09:49:21 AM »

RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #435 on: February 04, 2023, 02:37:34 PM »

Trash. The idea that Lake would do better than Ducey is just asinine
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #436 on: February 04, 2023, 03:03:15 PM »

This is coming from the same state that gave us Paul Gosar and Wendy Rogers. This isn’t too far from the AZ GOP electorate
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #437 on: February 04, 2023, 05:21:06 PM »

This is coming from the same state that gave us Paul Gosar and Wendy Rogers. This isn’t too far from the AZ GOP electorate
Brian Kemp, Mike Dewine and Brad Raffersperger agree
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #438 on: February 05, 2023, 06:41:36 AM »

Brian Kemp, Mike Dewine and Brad Raffersperger agree
The difference is Kemp has a 62% approval rating and DeWine is one of the most popular governors in the country while Ducey consistently was ranked as one of the LEAST popular governors.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #439 on: February 05, 2023, 03:37:17 PM »

Sinema won't have near enough money to hit 20% much less 30%. How's she going to fundraise without ActBlue or WinRed? There's only so much legally corporate PACs can give her and would even they be interested in donating to an almost certain loser?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #440 on: February 05, 2023, 03:38:57 PM »

I'm worried about Sinema attacking Gallego more than the republican honestly
Over what? If she attacks him for being too progressive she just makes him look better and herself worse to Democratic voters.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #441 on: February 05, 2023, 04:58:02 PM »

This underscores things: Sinema is in a very difficult spot. She can theoretically attack Gallego from the right and Lake or whoever the Republican is from the left, but that works to her disadvantage.

First of all very few voters care about the issues where Gallego is notably to her left, especially as he's running as a mainstream Biden-supporting Democrat* instead of Squad-adjacent. How many voters care that Gallego wants to abolish the filibuster for voting rights legislation? How many left-leaning voters will be upset that Gallego wants to raise the minimum wage? All she'd do is just help him with Democratic-leaners while conservatives weren't going to vote for him anyway.

As for the Republican yeah there's plenty she could rip into, she's definitely not in line with Lake on her nonsense or election denialism or Trump loyalism...but how would that help win over voters to her? It seems that voters fleeing the Republican would mostly go to Gallego. At most she could maybe position herself as a "sane" alternative like that she doesn't support the progressive agenda but she's not a batsh!t conspiracy mongering Trump cultist...but that would also turn off Democrats since it just makes her sound like she's trying to run as an Obama-era Republican.

This is of course assuming she even has the money and infrastructure to stage the attacks.

*Side note: This is basically what Fetterman did as well. In 2020 he was the Biden campaign's pointman for anti-"Stop the Steal" efforts and spent his time bashing that. Hence why the notion he'd be weak in the primary for not being a team player or whatever was always stupid and why he wasn't toxic in the general election.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #442 on: February 05, 2023, 07:21:59 PM »

This underscores things: Sinema is in a very difficult spot. She can theoretically attack Gallego from the right and Lake or whoever the Republican is from the left, but that works to her disadvantage.

First of all very few voters care about the issues where Gallego is notably to her left, especially as he's running as a mainstream Biden-supporting Democrat* instead of Squad-adjacent. How many voters care that Gallego wants to abolish the filibuster for voting rights legislation? How many left-leaning voters will be upset that Gallego wants to raise the minimum wage? All she'd do is just help him with Democratic-leaners while conservatives weren't going to vote for him anyway.

As for the Republican yeah there's plenty she could rip into, she's definitely not in line with Lake on her nonsense or election denialism or Trump loyalism...but how would that help win over voters to her? It seems that voters fleeing the Republican would mostly go to Gallego. At most she could maybe position herself as a "sane" alternative like that she doesn't support the progressive agenda but she's not a batsh!t conspiracy mongering Trump cultist...but that would also turn off Democrats since it just makes her sound like she's trying to run as an Obama-era Republican.

This is of course assuming she even has the money and infrastructure to stage the attacks.

*Side note: This is basically what Fetterman did as well. In 2020 he was the Biden campaign's pointman for anti-"Stop the Steal" efforts and spent his time bashing that. Hence why the notion he'd be weak in the primary for not being a team player or whatever was always stupid and why he wasn't toxic in the general election.
Ehhh I think the McCain democrats who are Republicans but will vote for a dem over a MAGA Republican will vote for Sinema.
But Sinema is losing no matter what, idk if she even reaches double digits.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #443 on: February 23, 2023, 02:36:01 PM »

Hmmm...

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #444 on: February 23, 2023, 02:39:19 PM »

No wonder she was so against the Filibuster repeal she is Tulsi Gabby 2.0
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #445 on: February 24, 2023, 12:23:40 AM »

Hmmm...

I wish Sinema was like Tulsi Gabbard instead of a corporate shill neolib that is far-left and woke on cultural issues.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #446 on: February 24, 2023, 11:13:37 AM »

I'm worried about Sinema attacking Gallego more than the republican honestly
Over what? If she attacks him for being too progressive she just makes him look better and herself worse to Democratic voters.
But democratic voters at this point include people that are McCain Republicans who might be attracted to mushy moderates like Sinema
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #447 on: February 24, 2023, 11:34:35 AM »

Hmmm...

I wish Sinema was like Tulsi Gabbard instead of a corporate shill neolib that is far-left and woke on cultural issues.

I can’t stand Sinema, but at least she doesn’t simp for Putin on Tucker Carlson
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #448 on: February 24, 2023, 12:14:15 PM »

Hmmm...

I can’t stand Sinema, but at least she doesn’t simp for Putin on Tucker Carlson

Give it time.
JMT

« Reply #449 on: March 07, 2023, 08:44:37 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 41  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies