Trump: "I am going to be making a big announcement on Tuesday November 15"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 08:49:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Trump: "I am going to be making a big announcement on Tuesday November 15"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14
Author Topic: Trump: "I am going to be making a big announcement on Tuesday November 15"  (Read 11663 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: November 15, 2022, 10:20:05 PM »

"Every policy must be geared toward that which supports the American worker, the American family, and businesses both large and small, and allows our nation to compete with other nations on a very level playing field."

I'm not seeing how this is a bad speech. A calm and measured one is unexpected from him, but I don't see how that makes it worse than 2016. At least he's talking about his signature issues that people actually care about, not trivial sh!t like trans athletes that only Ron DeSantis cares about.

Trump just attacked "gender insanity" and threatened pull funding from schools that teach it.

"No men in women's sports".

You spoke too soon.

After mentioning immigration, crime, and trade. And what he did on those issues.

You think DeSantis would lead on trans issues over crime, immigration, and trade if he were to announce?

He only appears to have a coherent vision on that.

The only reason that Trump has a "coherent vision" now is because he had an administration built around these America First ideas. Back in 2015 at the time, in a world where all people understood was the Reaganism that they just spouted ad nauseum, "Trumps vision" was regarded as an incoherent mess on this site and in the media at large.

I think if DeSantis were to declare, I think he would certainly lead with the big issues of the day first just like Trump did, and would take most all of the same positions as well.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #251 on: November 15, 2022, 10:20:28 PM »

This speech has reaffirmed my belief that the Republican Party is ready to move on from Trump.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #252 on: November 15, 2022, 10:23:07 PM »

"Every policy must be geared toward that which supports the American worker, the American family, and businesses both large and small, and allows our nation to compete with other nations on a very level playing field."

I'm not seeing how this is a bad speech. A calm and measured one is unexpected from him, but I don't see how that makes it worse than 2016. At least he's talking about his signature issues that people actually care about, not trivial sh!t like trans athletes that only Ron DeSantis cares about.

Trump just attacked "gender insanity" and threatened pull funding from schools that teach it.

You spoke too soon.

After mentioning immigration, crime, and trade. And what he did on those issues.

You think DeSantis would lead on trans issues over crime, immigration, and trade if he were to announce?

The only reason that Trump has a "coherent vision" now is because he had an administration built around these America First ideas. Back in 2015 at the time, in a world where all people understood was the Reaganism that they just spouted ad nauseum, "Trumps vision" was regarded as an incoherent mess on this site and in the media at large.

I think if DeSantis were to declare, I think he would certainly lead with the big issues of the day first just like Trump did, and would take most all of the same positions as well.

In other words, copy him? That just gives more people reason to vote for the original. DeSantis wouldn't be where he is today without Trump.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #253 on: November 15, 2022, 10:25:26 PM »

Trump fans on twitter are asking Elon Musk to allow Trump back on twitter and are accusing him of being a Desantis supporter hahaha
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #254 on: November 15, 2022, 10:26:10 PM »

You spoke too soon.

In other words, copy him? That just gives more people reason to vote for the original. DeSantis wouldn't be where he is today without Trump.

No one will ever be nominated who disagrees with Trump on what I call the core four (Immigration, trade, foreign policy and the woke stuff), I have said that for years. You expect DeSantis to run like some Never Trumper, that's DOA.

DeSantis' only path is that his youth, energy and Trump fatigue leads voters to embrace him as the better messenger going forward, the message will be largely the same.

Sure DeSantis was helped by Trump, but Trump's weaknesses are of his own making and if Trump loses it will be because he has worn out his welcome and people want someone knew and in that paradigm someone of Trump's making with similar views is an asset not a weakness.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #255 on: November 15, 2022, 10:26:31 PM »

I hate Donald Trump with a burning passion. Just go away!
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #256 on: November 15, 2022, 10:30:19 PM »

TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #257 on: November 15, 2022, 10:31:21 PM »

Not watching it. Did he make any references to 2020 election/say it was stolen?

Trump endorses 'quick trials' and executing drug dealers in the same day they care arrested

He's a fascist lunatic, good lord what a deeply evil man

Death penalty for drug dealers. Very dark fascistic turn. "Quick trial." The crowd really liked that.

Quick trials/execution of drug dealers has literally nothing to do with what fascism is. Please learn basic political philosophy before you expose yourself as an unserious person.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #258 on: November 15, 2022, 10:35:01 PM »

Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #259 on: November 15, 2022, 10:37:48 PM »

Already getting emails from Warnock, Biden, and others capitalizing on Trump running.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #260 on: November 15, 2022, 10:38:56 PM »

Graham may be the most pathetic individual in the entire Senate. How many times has he said he is done with Trump only to always come crawling back like a baby?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #261 on: November 15, 2022, 10:41:40 PM »

Trump endorses 'quick trials' and executing drug dealers in the same day they care arrested

Death penalty for drug dealers. Very dark fascistic turn. "Quick trial." The crowd really liked that.

Quick trials/execution of drug dealers has literally nothing to do with what fascism is. Please learn basic political philosophy before you expose yourself as an unserious person.

You of course, are very experienced in exposing oneself as very stupid.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #262 on: November 15, 2022, 10:42:43 PM »

I may not take posting on this site as seriously as some other people but I’m not dumb.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #263 on: November 15, 2022, 10:44:11 PM »
« Edited: November 15, 2022, 10:49:15 PM by TheReckoning »

Democrats need to play January 6 footage over and over again during the election. This isn’t VA Governor, since Trump was literally the one who incited it, there will be no defense, no deflection going on in the minds of swing voters.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #264 on: November 15, 2022, 10:50:01 PM »

Democrats need to play January 6 footage over and over again during the election. This isn’t VA Governor, when Trump was literally the one who incited it, there will be no defense, no deflection going on in the minds of swing voters.

On this very rare occasion I agree with you. Josh Shapiro spent like 8 months calling Doug Mastriano a Qanon supporting insurrectionist and showing footage of the Capitol attack in his ads and it worked extremely well.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #265 on: November 15, 2022, 10:50:34 PM »

Would you consider Singapore to be a fascist nation .
Neo-Malthusian Misanthrope
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« Reply #266 on: November 15, 2022, 10:51:31 PM »

I can't say I expected a more subdued Trump (in tone if not in rhetoric) during this announcement. I wonder if this will stick and if it will be enough to maintain his tenuous grip on the base. I'd imagine most people are wise to it by now but I should know at this point not to underestimate the capacity for stupidity in people (even if the last week was a pleasant surprise).
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #267 on: November 15, 2022, 10:53:02 PM »

Singapore is like the textbook definition of a 'benevolent authoritarian' state.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #268 on: November 15, 2022, 10:54:30 PM »

Yes. At least until quite recently.
Harlow

« Reply #269 on: November 15, 2022, 10:55:09 PM »

I bet you could dangle a shiny set of keys in front of Graham and then convince him to give you his house for free.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #270 on: November 15, 2022, 10:55:30 PM »

TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #271 on: November 15, 2022, 10:56:05 PM »

Yes. At least until quite recently.

Then you have no idea what fascism, as defined by Giovanni Gentile (the Karl Marx of fascism), is.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #272 on: November 15, 2022, 10:56:36 PM »

Singapore is like the textbook definition of a 'benevolent authoritarian' state.

That is not what fascism means by any definition. Fascism is authoritarianism but authoritarianism is not necessarily fascist given that a system that has an absolute monarchy isn’t fascist either
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #273 on: November 15, 2022, 10:59:12 PM »

That is not what fascism means by any definition. Fascism is authoritarianism but authoritarianism is not necessarily fascist given that a system that has an absolute monarchy isn’t fascist either

Distinction without a difference. You get the idea of what I'm trying to say, when I call Trump's position on the issue 'fascist', right? So why bother with this pedantry?
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #274 on: November 15, 2022, 11:00:54 PM »

Graham may be the most pathetic individual in the entire Senate. How many times has he said he is done with Trump only to always come crawling back like a baby?

Trump has the videotape.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies