IA-Selzer: Grassley +12
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:32:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Senate & House Election Polls
  IA-Selzer: Grassley +12
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: IA-Selzer: Grassley +12  (Read 3382 times)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 05, 2022, 05:30:15 PM »

53/41

https://eu.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/politics/iowa-poll/2022/11/05/iowa-poll-senate-race-chuck-grassley-leads-mike-franken-election/69616642007/
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2022, 05:31:34 PM »
« Edited: November 05, 2022, 05:35:35 PM by Incitatus for Senate »

R+9 from the ballyhooed poll a few weeks ago. Interesting to note that Selzer said 1% "already voted but don’t want to tell [for whom]."

This is actually the second-best poll Grassley has gotten for the entire cycle.

Grassley lead of <5 = the Blue Wave is back baby

Grassley lead of 5-10 = GOP takes House, Senate is a toss-up

Grassley lead of 10-15 = 230+ seats in the House, 52+ seats in the Senate

Grassley lead of 15+ = start looking into emigrating if you can, Democrats will not win power on the federal level for at least the next two decades

Seems about right. (A Grassley +15 win is still very possible, but to be charitable to Lief, the post was only about the poll itself.)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2022, 05:32:53 PM »

There goes my hopium. I’m embracing the moderate doom.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2022, 05:33:21 PM »

This was KS 2014 all over again.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2022, 05:33:22 PM »

Touch wider than I thought but this one was very predictable lmao
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2022, 05:34:04 PM »

Alright. Back to Safe R.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2022, 05:34:59 PM »

This was never going to be close.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2022, 05:35:00 PM »

Best guess is Grassley +13, a "surprising" and "late" shift just like in 2016 and 2020. This stunt has become very predictable.

Close enough!

lmao this was always Safe R
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2022, 05:36:13 PM »

Best guess is Grassley +13, a "surprising" and "late" shift just like in 2016 and 2020. This stunt has become very predictable.

Close enough!

I moved my rating in response to the shock Selzer poll from about a month ago. Now Grassley is over 50 again, I adjusted accordingly.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2022, 05:37:02 PM »

This is just about what I expected maybe a tad wider. Safe R
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2022, 05:37:26 PM »

Iowa was 12% more red than the country in 2020 and Grassley wins by huge margins. Why is anyone surprised?
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2022, 05:38:00 PM »

Absolute embarrassment that the typical atlas user could have predicted Selzer would renege on their Grassley +3 bullsh**t.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2022, 05:38:47 PM »

No serious person was contesting this race.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2022, 05:39:47 PM »

So the last poll suggested a national environment far more Democratic than expected. This poll suggests one more about in line with what was expected. It could have been worse at least. Basically suggests the Senate is still Toss-up/Tilt R. As mentioned, Iowa was 12 points to the right of the nation in 2020, which would make this squarely a neutral year.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2022, 05:43:39 PM »

So the last poll suggested a national environment far more Democratic than expected. This poll suggests one more about in line with what was expected. It could have been worse at least. Basically suggests the Senate is still Toss-up/Tilt R. As mentioned, Iowa was 12 points to the right of the nation in 2020, which would make this squarely a neutral year.
Cope. Grassley is a flawed incumbent at this point and likely will underperform, plus IA has the most D favorable early vote. This is looking like an actual tidal wave.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2022, 05:44:12 PM »

Still going to be by far his closest race since his initial election in 1980 (for whatever that's worth).
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2022, 05:50:08 PM »
« Edited: November 05, 2022, 06:17:29 PM by Alben Barkley »

Cope. Grassley is a flawed incumbent at this point and likely will underperform, plus IA has the most D favorable early vote. This is looking like an actual tidal wave.

How is this cope? I haven't been under any illusions about Dems actually winning for weeks. I've followed the evidence and the polls and the national environment as it has changed in real time. "Grassley will likely underperform" is a pretty much baseless statement (you could just as easily say "Franken is a flawed challenger") that is pure cope from you because you are now actively rooting for the fall of democracy just so you can be proven right in your eternally dooming outlook apparently. You're getting to the point of being insufferably unpleasant AND irrational, frankly, and it's damn near enough for me to put you on ignore. Give it a rest. It's one thing to doom because you hope for the best but expect the worst, but you actually relishing in this apparently is sick and bizarre.
Unelectable Bystander
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2022, 05:51:51 PM »

Honestly I thought we would see something like 54-43 that indicate that the undecideds in the last poll were all leaning republican. This implies that the democrats have inexplicably lost ground
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2022, 05:52:13 PM »

Iowa was 12% more red than the country in 2020 and Grassley wins by huge margins. Why is anyone surprised?

Because the last poll had such surprising results, maybe? People aren’t surprised so much as had a wide range of expectations from the previous SHOCK POLL.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2022, 05:53:12 PM »

House polling results when?
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2022, 05:53:15 PM »

Close enough!

I moved my rating in response to the shock Selzer poll from about a month ago. Now Grassley is over 50 again, I adjusted accordingly.

This honestly reads like satire. Assuming it isn’t, maybe you should reconsider your overall approach rather than just letting poll margins dictate your predictions (esp. in cases in which said polls show rosy results for your party, which is of course most of the time) without paying attention to fundamentals such as state lean/trend and state demographics.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2022, 05:53:31 PM »

Lol Grassley is an institution in Iowa.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2022, 05:53:42 PM »

Honestly I thought we would see something like 54-43 that indicate that the undecideds in the last poll were all leaning republican. This implies that the democrats have inexplicably lost ground

It's not inexplicable necessarily, it fits with what we've seen across the country. Dems have clearly lost ground. "It's the economy, stupid!" and voters having the memories of goldfish would probably be why.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2022, 05:53:53 PM »

Close enough!

This honestly reads like satire. Assuming it isn’t, maybe you should reconsider your overall approach rather than just letting poll margins dictate your predictions (esp. in cases in which said polls show rosy results for your party, which is of course most of the time) without paying attention to fundamentals such as state lean/trend and state demographics.
Look, fundamentals are important, but Selzer is Selzer.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2022, 05:57:41 PM »
« Edited: November 05, 2022, 06:02:04 PM by AncestralDemocrat. »

Lol Grassley is an institution in Iowa.
Reynolds is going to outperform him by close to double digits.. most of his crossover support has evaporated.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies