Allen's remarks were horrid, a VA lawmaker has him beat

(1/1)

Smash255:
When a state issue of apology for the states role in slavery was discussed.   Frank Hargrove, a GOP delegate said blacks should get over it and then that it might make sense to have Jews apologize for their role in Killing Jesus Christ.  When a Jewish member responded to his remarks Hargrove stated "I think your skin is a little to thin"

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/17/AR2007011701921.html

Well I would say he deserves to be placed in that horrible person category

MODU:

Well, first of all, Allen's comment wasn't "horrid."  Stupid, but not horrid.  As far as this goes, he does have a point.  Slavery is in the past, just as the Christ's crucifixion.  Should I have to apologize for the acts of my ancestors because they did something terrible at one point in time?  It makes no sense.  The fact that slavery has been outlawed in VA now is more than enough.  The fact that various states and the federal government keep apologizing for things is pointless, especially when most people associated with it are long since dead.  And I cannot see how apologizing would fix anything, but rather just keep opening "old" wounds.

Navigation

[0] Message Index