Israel General Discussion: Annus Horribilis
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:30:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel General Discussion: Annus Horribilis
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 25
Author Topic: Israel General Discussion: Annus Horribilis  (Read 32090 times)
Hnv1
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 03, 2022, 01:21:47 AM »
« edited: October 21, 2023, 12:43:29 PM by Hnv1 »

So Bibi killed Cedric Diggory and he's back, or something of this fashion.

Results certified by November 8. The President will grant Bibi the mandate to form a government thereafter.

Step 1 would be to accommodate all the ministries in his new right wing government.

Levine will probably get Justice. It's unclear who would get defence or the treasury. Ben Gvir wants Internal Security but I can see a lot of uproar against him there.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2022, 05:51:08 AM »

The first order of business is to establish his administration, and eliminate all elements of the radical marxist puppets that undermined his Israeli security and stability by collaborating with the US and European left-wing extremists. 

The second order of business is to address the US and European espionage campaigns to interference in Israeli elections through social and multi-media (Like Iran), destabilization of Israeli internal governance and civil order, as well as re-establishing ties with China and Russia as a bargaining chip against any further attempts by the Biden administration to undermine Israeli foreign policy.  A large part of the Bibi vote was due to antipathy towards Washington, and anger at Lepid for dealing with Biden in the run up to the election.  They are also pretty pissed at the Western and Israeli media campaign to sensationalize fabricated, and many times ludicrous, corruption charges against Bibi. 

The third order of business that should be done simultaneously with the second is enact of policies and pursuit of foreign policy that reduces inflation by any and all costs.  Netanyahu should also keep his promise to provide tax credits to families struggling with cost of living expense and free early childhood education initiatives.  A strong economic position is the best form of National Security as has been so clearly demonstrated by NATO countries. 

Lastly, Israel needs to re-establish military relations with all Gulf, ME and Caucus states in preparation for a multinational strike on Iranian nuclear facilities and weapon manufactories.  It is undoubtedly an essential US national security interest to eliminate Iranian weapons programs.  A deal will either have to be worked out with Russia (for Israeli weapons that ends the war) or the USA (for Ukrainian defense) that designates Israel as an untouchable ally.  Israel would be taking a huge risk providing support to Ukraine or Russia.  Whether it's today or tomorrow, the US, or its proxies, must enter Iranian theater.
You seriously need to socialize more.
Hollywood
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2022, 06:18:00 AM »

The first order of business is to establish his administration, and eliminate all elements of the radical marxist puppets that undermined his Israeli security and stability by collaborating with the US and European left-wing extremists. 

The second order of business is to address the US and European espionage campaigns to interference in Israeli elections through social and multi-media (Like Iran), destabilization of Israeli internal governance and civil order, as well as re-establishing ties with China and Russia as a bargaining chip against any further attempts by the Biden administration to undermine Israeli foreign policy.  A large part of the Bibi vote was due to antipathy towards Washington, and anger at Lepid for dealing with Biden in the run up to the election.  They are also pretty pissed at the Western and Israeli media campaign to sensationalize fabricated, and many times ludicrous, corruption charges against Bibi. 

The third order of business that should be done simultaneously with the second is enact of policies and pursuit of foreign policy that reduces inflation by any and all costs.  Netanyahu should also keep his promise to provide tax credits to families struggling with cost of living expense and free early childhood education initiatives.  A strong economic position is the best form of National Security as has been so clearly demonstrated by NATO countries. 

Lastly, Israel needs to re-establish military relations with all Gulf, ME and Caucus states in preparation for a multinational strike on Iranian nuclear facilities and weapon manufactories.  It is undoubtedly an essential US national security interest to eliminate Iranian weapons programs.  A deal will either have to be worked out with Russia (for Israeli weapons that ends the war) or the USA (for Ukrainian defense) that designates Israel as an untouchable ally.  Israel would be taking a huge risk providing support to Ukraine or Russia.  Whether it's today or tomorrow, the US, or its proxies, must enter Iranian theater.

I socialize within my Jewish community, and get along with everyone at synagogue.  If you socialized more with actual Jews, you'd realize that the Bibi crowd is rapidly outnumbering the left-wing extremists. This is how I knew Bibi was going to make an easy comeback way in advance.  You're not tricking anyone by calling Bibi and his supporters 'Far-Right'.  You're just pissing off the future stewards of the Holy Land. 
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2022, 07:49:37 AM »

I socialize within my Jewish community, and get along with everyone at synagogue.  If you socialized more with actual Jews, you'd realize that the Bibi crowd is rapidly outnumbering the left-wing extremists. This is how I knew Bibi was going to make an easy comeback way in advance.  You're not tricking anyone by calling Bibi and his supporters 'Far-Right'.  You're just pissing off the future stewards of the Holy Land. 

Hnv1 is Jewish and Israeli, you fool.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2022, 08:18:47 AM »

"Stewards of the Holy Land"

For a Jew you sure sound a lot like an evangelical Christian.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2022, 08:57:34 AM »

Well if Hollywood did get out more, they might notice what is going on in Iran right now.

If there's one thing the mullahs are currently praying for, its military intervention from Israel/US.
Biden 2024
wolfentoad66
Norfolk Island

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2022, 10:55:00 AM »

I see that Zyprexa has been the latest casualty of the supply chain crisis.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2022, 11:38:54 AM »

Well if Hollywood did get out more, they might notice what is going on in Iran right now.

If there's one thing the mullahs are currently praying for, its military intervention from Israel/US.

How close is Iran to actually developing nuclear weapons?
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2022, 11:42:09 AM »

Well this thread is already exactly as much of a disaster as I would expect.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2022, 03:14:41 PM »

Nah this is not representative. We usually run out the weirdos from the far right and the tankies quite fast. Israel threads are usually very informative and civil.

Ignoring the fascist, government formation is expected to be pretty fast. Bibi wants to do it in 2 weeks. The Haredim are expected to increase their power from the previous Bibi government. Shas, the second biggest party (assuming Smotrich and Ben Gvir split), traditionally took the Home Ministry for Deri, Religious Affairs and another low-level Ministry. I suspect they'll want to take Home for Deri again because that's where he can do corruption the most, but gotta assume they'll want another high profile Ministry (and Religious Affairs, of course). For UTJ, I think they said something about wanting higher profile Ministries too. Rumours say Housing and Construction (Deputy Minister in a Minister's level) for leader Yitzhak Goldknopf (that's gonna be a jawbreaker) because that allows them to favor haredim in housing, and Moshe Gafni will want to return to funnel money to haredi causes in the Finance Committee. But I gotta assume they'll want another Ministry (or Deputy Ministry with Minister's power yada yada) this time.

For RZ, Smotrich is aiming for one of the big 3 Ministries- Foreign Affairs (very unlikely, I think even he realizes he shouldn't be the face of Israel), Finance or Defense. My guess is he slightly prefers Defence, but probably won't get it because Bibi wouldn't want him in a national security position. So Smotrich is probably our next Finance Minister.

As a side note, Lots of wealthy straight "liberals" are cheering him on for this position because he'll be "responsible" (read: extremely capitalistic for everyone except settlers who'll get fat welfare). They also liked his tenure as Transportation Minister because he answered texts and pretended to work hard (while Michaeli, because she's a shrill leftist woman, gets no credit for overdue longterm investments in public transportation and is mocked for only doing feminist virtue signaling).

Anyway, I assume RZ will want another medium-level Ministry for its 2nd place, Ofir Sofer, and possibly even a third one for Simcha Rothman or Orit Strook. In Otzma, Ben Gvir seems adamant on getting Internal Security, and it seems like Likud is leaning towards granting his request. No other Ministry where I can really see him, he only cares about muscle. However Otzma probably gets a second Ministry for its number 2, some nazi homophobe or another named Itzhak Wasserlauf. Idk yet which one it'll be.

In Likud, as usual, they'll fight for the scraps Netanyahu leaves them. Yariv Levin as Bibi's closest man probably has first choice- he might get Justice if Bibi really decides to go hardcore against the courts, and if not maybe Speaker or Foreign. Miri Regev will probably return to Transportation. Dany Danon wants Knesset Speaker, I think he'll get it only if Bibi's favored (like Levin) get something good. Both Nir Barkat And Yisrael Katz want Finance, but as it'll probably go to Smotrich Bibi will have to find a good consolation prize- maybe the Foreign Ministry (which btw no one seems to want because they know Bibi leaves it to dry and gives no credit to the Minister for anything) or Education. Amir Ohana is another contender for Foreign or another high profile Ministry. Dudi Amsalem is a nuisance who wants Justice, I highly doubt he gets it but Bibi will have to find a consolation price for him. Finally, Yoav Galant is considered likely to get the Defense Ministry. The two Yamina betrayers, Silman and Chikli, are also contenders for Ministries. With so few women, gotta assume Silman gets her wish for the Health Ministry. Idk what Chikli gets- maybe something like Culture and Sports.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2022, 03:32:35 PM »

Nah this is not representative. We usually run out the weirdos from the far right and the tankies quite fast. Israel threads are usually very informative and civil.

Ignoring the fascist, government formation is expected to be pretty fast. Bibi wants to do it in 2 weeks. The Haredim are expected to increase their power from the previous Bibi government. Shas, the second biggest party (assuming Smotrich and Ben Gvir split), traditionally took the Home Ministry for Deri, Religious Affairs and another low-level Ministry. I suspect they'll want to take Home for Deri again because that's where he can do corruption the most, but gotta assume they'll want another high profile Ministry (and Religious Affairs, of course). For UTJ, I think they said something about wanting higher profile Ministries too. Rumours say Housing and Construction (Deputy Minister in a Minister's level) for leader Yitzhak Goldknopf (that's gonna be a jawbreaker) because that allows them to favor haredim in housing, and Moshe Gafni will want to return to funnel money to haredi causes in the Finance Committee. But I gotta assume they'll want another Ministry (or Deputy Ministry with Minister's power yada yada) this time.

For RZ, Smotrich is aiming for one of the big 3 Ministries- Foreign Affairs (very unlikely, I think even he realizes he shouldn't be the face of Israel), Finance or Defense. My guess is he slightly prefers Defence, but probably won't get it because Bibi wouldn't want him in a national security position. So Smotrich is probably our next Finance Minister.

As a side note, Lots of wealthy straight "liberals" are cheering him on for this position because he'll be "responsible" (read: extremely capitalistic for everyone except settlers who'll get fat welfare). They also liked his tenure as Transportation Minister because he answered texts and pretended to work hard (while Michaeli, because she's a shrill leftist woman, gets no credit for overdue longterm investments in public transportation and is mocked for only doing feminist virtue signaling).

Anyway, I assume RZ will want another medium-level Ministry for its 2nd place, Ofir Sofer, and possibly even a third one for Simcha Rothman or Orit Strook. In Otzma, Ben Gvir seems adamant on getting Internal Security, and it seems like Likud is leaning towards granting his request. No other Ministry where I can really see him, he only cares about muscle. However Otzma probably gets a second Ministry for its number 2, some nazi homophobe or another named Itzhak Wasserlauf. Idk yet which one it'll be.

In Likud, as usual, they'll fight for the scraps Netanyahu leaves them. Yariv Levin as Bibi's closest man probably has first choice- he might get Justice if Bibi really decides to go hardcore against the courts, and if not maybe Speaker or Foreign. Miri Regev will probably return to Transportation. Dany Danon wants Knesset Speaker, I think he'll get it only if Bibi's favored (like Levin) get something good. Both Nir Barkat And Yisrael Katz want Finance, but as it'll probably go to Smotrich Bibi will have to find a good consolation prize- maybe the Foreign Ministry (which btw no one seems to want because they know Bibi leaves it to dry and gives no credit to the Minister for anything) or Education. Amir Ohana is another contender for Foreign or another high profile Ministry. Dudi Amsalem is a nuisance who wants Justice, I highly doubt he gets it but Bibi will have to find a consolation price for him. Finally, Yoav Galant is considered likely to get the Defense Ministry. The two Yamina betrayers, Silman and Chikli, are also contenders for Ministries. With so few women, gotta assume Silman gets her wish for the Health Ministry. Idk what Chikli gets- maybe something like Culture and Sports.
I offer a pan-Israeli-posters regulation: the finance\chancellor\treasury ministry will be named the treasury (closer in translation to the Hebrew word).
It is rumored Deri'i is eying the treasury (and putting one past Lieberman). We'll see. Shas will get the first and biggest slice, then UTJ, then Smotric, then Ben Gvir, then Likud.

The speaker will most likely be Akunis and not Danon as Bibi doesn't trust Danon. Levin is 90% guaranteed Justice. Defence will go to Galant. Foreign Office is a tight one for Bibi, and I'll put my money on Ron Dremer as an outside appointment.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2022, 03:36:18 PM »

I offer a pan-Israeli-posters regulation: the finance\chancellor\treasury ministry will be named the treasury (closer in translation to the Hebrew word).
It is rumored Deri'i is eying the treasury (and putting one past Lieberman). We'll see. Shas will get the first and biggest slice, then UTJ, then Smotric, then Ben Gvir, then Likud.

The speaker will most likely be Akunis and not Danon as Bibi doesn't trust Danon. Levin is 90% guaranteed Justice. Defence will go to Galant. Foreign Office is a tight one for Bibi, and I'll put my money on Ron Dremer as an outside appointment.

Deal Tongue Also an outside appointment sounds problematic for Bibi- will really anger the Likud MKs who are clamouring for scraps. If Ohana\Barkat\Katz don't get Foreign, then they have to get another lower Ministry, which means another Likud MK won't get his, etc. Giving Chikli and Silman Ministries will be angering enough.

As for Treasury, if Deri gets it, and Levin gets Justice, where does that leave Smotrich? Education? Transportation? I think he'll cause problems in that case.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2022, 12:26:26 AM »

Deal Tongue Also an outside appointment sounds problematic for Bibi- will really anger the Likud MKs who are clamouring for scraps. If Ohana\Barkat\Katz don't get Foreign, then they have to get another lower Ministry, which means another Likud MK won't get his, etc. Giving Chikli and Silman Ministries will be angering enough.

As for Treasury, if Deri gets it, and Levin gets Justice, where does that leave Smotrich? Education? Transportation? I think he'll cause problems in that case.
Smotric would love to get education…all those budgets he can divert to the religious schools.

I think we’ll see a 40 ministries government with a full Norwegian law. Bibi aims to please as many to ensure his government’s stability. Silman will get a new faux ministry and Shikli something like the Diaspora ministry
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2022, 12:57:26 AM »

Ohana to Foreign seems like it would make a lot of sense -- can't think of a different empty-suit Bibist likely to play well in Western media? Katz was already a disaster once (...though I guess that doesn't mean he can't be brought back), whereas that seems like a threateningly high position for someone like Barkat who reads to me as an actually plausible alternative to Bibi himself.

(Also it would feel very strange if Levin didn't get Justice after placing first in the Likud primaries on a platform of reforming the legal system. Would that indicate Bibi sees him as a threat, or is it that he wouldn't actually be very well-suited for such a role?)
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2022, 02:25:36 AM »
« Edited: November 04, 2022, 03:14:55 AM by Hnv1 »

Ohana to Foreign seems like it would make a lot of sense -- can't think of a different empty-suit Bibist likely to play well in Western media? Katz was already a disaster once (...though I guess that doesn't mean he can't be brought back), whereas that seems like a threateningly high position for someone like Barkat who reads to me as an actually plausible alternative to Bibi himself.

(Also it would feel very strange if Levin didn't get Justice after placing first in the Likud primaries on a platform of reforming the legal system. Would that indicate Bibi sees him as a threat, or is it that he wouldn't actually be very well-suited for such a role?)
Bibi doesn’t see him as a threat. Levine is his de facto majordomo in politics. Levine conducts the coalition talks solo (he used to pair with Elkin) and the 2016 Bibi-Herzog talks revealed he also has a level of influence over Bibi.

That being said Levine is an unbending ideologue and if he gets the ministry he will demand the massive reforms he advocates for years. Bibi might not want to charge head on to a battle with the courts just yet.
Logical

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2022, 10:29:23 AM »

What are the odds that Ben Gvir brings the government down within the next 2 years? The man has higher ambitions and I don't think kahanists would hesitate to blow things up if they don't get what they want.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2022, 10:46:28 AM »

What are the odds that Ben Gvir brings the government down within the next 2 years? The man has higher ambitions and I don't think kahanists would hesitate to blow things up if they don't get what they want.

Higher than zero, but they might be lower than Bibi knifing RZ at an opportune moment and calling an early election to cripple the party. (Though maybe the odds of this are lower after the whole 2019-2022 saga, who knows).
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2022, 06:23:20 AM »

Rumors that Netanyahu is going to keep the one-seat Noam out of the coalition. Like I thought, they got Avi Maoz to say outrageous homophobic stuff to scare the LGBT community and then pretend to protect us by keeping him out, while giving the worst activist homophobes from the Otzma and RZ list a ton of unchecked powers on issues of health and rights, and gutting the ability of the courts to protect us
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2022, 03:40:37 AM »

Rumors that Netanyahu is going to keep the one-seat Noam out of the coalition. Like I thought, they got Avi Maoz to say outrageous homophobic stuff to scare the LGBT community and then pretend to protect us by keeping him out, while giving the worst activist homophobes from the Otzma and RZ list a ton of unchecked powers on issues of health and rights, and gutting the ability of the courts to protect us
Classic Israeli pink washing. Maoz will be out, Ohana will get the Foreign Office, and internally the government could repress minorities but host a pompous pride parade in Tel Aviv.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2022, 10:02:28 AM »

Classic Israeli pink washing. Maoz will be out, Ohana will get the Foreign Office, and internally the government could repress minorities but host a pompous pride parade in Tel Aviv.
Not "pink washing" if Netanyahu keeps his promise and the new government does not roll back any gay rights.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2022, 11:27:51 AM »

Not "pink washing" if Netanyahu keeps his promise and the new government does not roll back any gay rights.
Since when is not rolling back rights an accomplishment to be proud of?

Anyhow my point was that LGBT rights were never under real risk, it’s quite a politically lucrative cow to milk and Israel is a seasoned milkman. Ethnic minorities on the other hand might actually meet adversarial government policy and they don’t enjoy the PR lobby the gay community has.
The pink washing would be parading Ohana around the world as our gay foreign secretary
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2022, 01:44:45 PM »

Since when is not rolling back rights an accomplishment to be proud of?

Anyhow my point was that LGBT rights were never under real risk, it’s quite a politically lucrative cow to milk and Israel is a seasoned milkman. Ethnic minorities on the other hand might actually meet adversarial government policy and they don’t enjoy the PR lobby the gay community has.
The pink washing would be parading Ohana around the world as our gay foreign secretary

In addition to that which I totally agree with, LGBT rights will be rolled back. They might not cancel pride parades, but they will let their ultra-homophobic Ministers curb funding and support for the weakest parts of the LGBT community, such as trans people and closeted people. No protection will be offered by the gutted Courts. Slowly, so as to not make too much noise, whatever liberalism Israel had will be eroded. And Arabs will of course be the chief to suffer.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2022, 12:09:53 AM »

That's the best description of Israel 2009-2021
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2022, 07:13:23 AM »

Ben Gvir posted and then deleted a eulogy for judeo-nazi terrorist Kahana: "Murdered as a martyr", "I had the privilege to learn his writings", "in his yeshivah there was love for everyone"
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2022, 09:02:45 AM »

Coalition talks will be concluded rather fast as any government sworn in the next 14 days will, on paper, govern for five years instead of four. The reason is some obscure wording of the Basic Law: Knesset that states:
Term of the Knesset
after dissolution
36. Once the Knesset has decided to dissolve itself, the following Knesset shall continue to serve until the closest month of Heshvan after the termination of four years from its elections.

As we are in Heshvan, this might imply a five years tenure.

Deri'i is going to the treasury. I think he will be relatively quiet, and Bibi will run things from the PM's office.
Smotric will get defense, but Bibi will bypass him on everything as he did to Liberman.
Ohana to the foreign office and Levine to justice will conclude the great offices of the state.

expect an influx of faux ministries to accommodate all the egomaniacs in Likud

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies