Kaiserreich Game Interest/Explainer Thread

(1/8) > >>

Dereich:
I've been mulling over the idea of running a game in the style of Lumine's BoP series based on the popular Paradox game mod alternate history of Kaiserreich. There was a plan to run a similar game a few years back but it never got off the ground. I wanted to see if there would be any interest in that kind of game now and to explain any questions or resolve any issues with the setting outside a game thread.

For those who do not know the setting, Kaiserreich is premised on a German victory in World War 1 ("The Weltkrieg") in 1920, a victory which was followed by a series of interventions and revolutions that left the world radically different. The game would start in 1936 with the German Empire (and its client states which make up "Mitteleuropa") challenged in its position as the world's hegemon by a severe economic crisis. German's main rivals in the Weltkrieg, Britain and France, both fell to revolution following their defeats. Now they lead the worldwide revolutionary left as Syndicalist states, ready to spread revolutionary Syndicalism to the impoverished masses of the world. The old Entente exists too, with exiles led by the Windsor king in Canada and by in Algeria, waiting for their opportunity for revenge and restoration of the old order. Other great powers such as Russia, Japan, Austria-Hungary, Qing China, and the United States sit outside these great alliances, poised to collapse or to dominate.

As far as game mechanics, nearly every corner of the Kaiserreich world is poorer, less stable, and generally worse-off than IRL (Herman Goering runs German Africa! The Mad Baron rules Mongolia!) and armed radicals wait in just about every country for their chance to revolt. There would be more focus on managing limited resources and on how they could stop (or encourage!) revolution at home and abroad.

The mod has changed a lot over the years and is still being changed and updated every few months. I haven't decided on all details yet, but if there is interest it'd be with a somewhat older setup with a similar map to the one posted below:

Any interest? Questions?

YPestis25:
Oh yes, very interested.

Vive la commune.

windjammer:
I'm in as well

Devout Centrist:
Hell. Yes.

I’m willing to fill in where needed, but otherwise I will take Japan.

EDIT: If we do the most recent version, I'll take the KMT.

PPT Spiral:
Another interested party right here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page