PA-Big Data Poll: Oz+2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:43:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Senate & House Election Polls
  PA-Big Data Poll: Oz+2
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: PA-Big Data Poll: Oz+2  (Read 2437 times)
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 29, 2022, 09:45:52 PM »

Baris is banned from 538 but his 2016 and 2020 PA polls apparently were pretty accurate. Don't know about 2018.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2022, 11:02:41 PM »

These Republican polls are struggling to find much of a lead for Oz post-debate.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2022, 11:03:38 PM »

Why is this poll banned from 538?
Dani Rose
danixander92
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2022, 11:05:42 PM »

I won't disparage their record, but I do find this hard to believe when Trump is off the ballot and the EV here is only continuing to get better for us.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2022, 03:54:34 AM »

2 pts in PA is not great for an R
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2022, 07:51:04 AM »

Every time there’s a poll with results people don’t like, they dismiss it.

I don’t like this either but there is a clear trend of Oz leading now.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2022, 08:25:44 AM »

This. Even if this poll isn't reliable, the fact remains that Oz has led the last several polls, and polling errors rarely if ever benefit Democrats these days. Lean R.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2022, 08:28:36 AM »

The Ds underestimated Oz he was the best candidate they had clearly over Fetterman but it's not over 2 pts is a statistical tie
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2022, 08:29:17 AM »

This. Even if this poll isn't reliable, the fact remains that Oz has led the last several polls, and polling errors rarely if ever benefit Democrats these days. Lean R.

2 pts is still a statistical tie with Shapiro on the same ballot
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2022, 08:31:50 AM »
« Edited: October 30, 2022, 08:36:34 AM by Eraserhead »

lol, he's (barely) lead in a total of four polls, all of which came from Republicans. The Wick poll actually got closer after the debate. Sure, "Lean R" though.

Pure tossup in reality.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2022, 08:33:12 AM »
« Edited: October 30, 2022, 08:36:47 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

A 51/49 race is not Lean R but all the users said when Barnes was down by 2 WI was Lean R and PA was safe D, now Fetterman is down 51/49 if Evers and Shapiro wins I high am skeptical that Fetterman and Barnes loses

That's why I criticize Fetterman but haven't changed my prediction maps , because Sisolak, Evers , Whitmer and Shapiro are gonna pull CCM, Barnes and Fetterman across

But, as I said the politicians said Malcolm Keynatta was too liberal to win and Fetterman is very liberal as well we could of nominated either one
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2022, 09:02:37 AM »

lol, he's (barely) lead in a total of four polls, all of which came from Republicans. The Wick poll actually got closer after the debate. Sure, "Lean R" though.

Pure tossup in reality.

This is why we need "mainstream" pollsters to come into Pennsylvania, because clearly people aren't willing to accept the results of any pollsters that are "Republican" or viewed as a right-leaning bias. The only pollsters acceptable are those like ABC, CNN, and Marist, even though they are less accurate than some of the pollsters (such as Big Data, Emerson, and Trafalgar) that are routinely disparaged.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2022, 10:41:04 AM »

A 51/49 race isn't Lean R it's a tossup
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2022, 12:04:32 PM »

Pure tossup in reality.

This is why we need "mainstream" pollsters to come into Pennsylvania, because clearly people aren't willing to accept the results of any pollsters that are "Republican" or viewed as a right-leaning bias. The only pollsters acceptable are those like ABC, CNN, and Marist, even though they are less accurate than some of the pollsters (such as Big Data, Emerson, and Trafalgar) that are routinely disparaged.

Note that Big Data has been banned from 538.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2022, 01:34:52 PM »

At the risk of sounding like I'm coping and seething, I'm still waiting for a more established poll.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2022, 02:26:20 PM »

Lots of ugly Pennsylvania senate polls out these days.

While Shapiro remains an overwhelming favorite, Fetterman's star really seems in decline as of lately. I'm not saying Oz has this in the bag, but this is a tossup race again. I hope Shapiro can drag Fetterman over the finishline here. And I remember some months ago when he polled better than Shapiro. Early polls are really just worthless.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2022, 02:43:56 PM »

I will. This pollster is fake, they are literally banned by 538
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2022, 02:45:11 PM »

I will. This pollster is fake, they are literally banned by 538

I was getting ready to say the same thing. They were called out as being fake. If my recollection is correct they just make up numbers.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2022, 02:47:52 PM »

The only pollsters acceptable are those like ABC, CNN, and Marist, even though they are less accurate than some of the pollsters (such as Big Data, Emerson, and Trafalgar) that are routinely disparaged.

Just to be clear, the so-called "accuracy" of the "Big Data poll" comes from one guy's random tweet responses to Jack Posobiec. There's a reason 538 has them banned (even while giving high ratings to the other polls you mentioned alongside it).
Dani Rose
danixander92
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2022, 02:51:48 PM »

The only pollsters acceptable are those like ABC, CNN, and Marist, even though they are less accurate than some of the pollsters (such as Big Data, Emerson, and Trafalgar) that are routinely disparaged.

Just to be clear, the so-called "accuracy" of the "Big Data poll" comes from one guy's random tweet responses to Jack Posobiec. There's a reason 538 has them banned (even while giving high ratings to the other polls you mentioned alongside it).

Even Trafalgar mostly seems to throw things at the wall and see what sticks, if the absolutely looney-tunes polls they've put out this year are any measure. Maybe they have a better read on what's going in in the Midwest, which is classically their strongest region, but even there I think they've just ended up getting lucky by predicting substantial Republican overperformances in years where they incidentally ended up happening.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2022, 03:01:17 PM »

Even Trafalgar mostly seems to throw things at the wall and see what sticks, if the absolutely looney-tunes polls they've put out this year are any measure. Maybe they have a better read on what's going in in the Midwest, which is classically their strongest region, but even there I think they've just ended up getting lucky by predicting substantial Republican overperformances in years where they incidentally ended up happening.

They gave the best case scenario for Republicans and they were right. Republicans turned out based on their candidate being a celebrity.
win win
dxu8888

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2022, 05:44:45 PM »

like it or not t, that's 4 polls in a row showing Oz ahead

after a string of 30+ fetterman wins

momentum muh friends, has shifted

this week we got a lot of Oz and Walker up polls
next week we get some Masters ahead polls, and it's all over
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2022, 06:32:47 PM »

Pure tossup in reality.

I know that, and there is a longstanding feud between Baris and Silver. Nevertheless, this does not undermine the overall thrust of my argument. Certain pollsters are considered to be the "gold standard" even though they are consistently and plainly wrong. The midterms in a few weeks will serve as another test of this, but I fully expect for people to continue denigrating pollsters they don't like even if such pollsters are proven correct.
kwabbit

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2022, 06:36:39 PM »

Pure tossup in reality.

I know that, and there is a longstanding feud between Baris and Silver. Nevertheless, this does not undermine the overall thrust of my argument. Certain pollsters are considered to be the "gold standard" even though they are consistently and plainly wrong. The midterms in a few weeks will serve as another test of this, but I fully expect for people to continue denigrating pollsters they don't like even if such pollsters are proven correct.

Silver is pretty lenient with what polls he lets in. I'm quite inclined to believe that these polls are faked or that the methodology is so ad hoc that it doesn't matter if data is actually collected.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2022, 06:37:17 PM »

Pure tossup in reality.

Silver is pretty lenient with what polls he lets in. I'm quite inclined to believe that these polls are faked or that the methodology is so ad hoc that it doesn't matter if data is actually collected.

Big Data's ban may also have to do with the fact that Baris is an unabashed Trumpist.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies