10th Lincoln General Court Legislation Introduction Thread

<< < (2/8) > >>

ZMUN M441:

THE LINCOLN INFRASTRUCTURE REFORM ACT

SECTION I — Title
This legislation may be cited as the Lincoln Infrastructure Reform Act.

SECTION II — Prohibiting Pointless And Environmentally Unsound Highways
1. The construction of the following proposed highways is to be indefinitely blocked:
Any of the three proposed routes of 'I-67';The proposed 'I-92';The proposed 'I-98';The final segment of 'PA Turnpike 576', between 'I-79' and 'PA Turnpike 43'.
2. To protect Maine's central landscape, any new highways within the state shall require submission to the Maine Department of Environmental Protection before construction, and may be turned down if they pose a hazard to it.

SECTION III — New York's Fourth Airport
1. A 7-member commission — comprised of 2 urban planners, 1 aviation safety expert, 1 pilot or retired pilot, 1 air traffic controller or retired air traffic controller, 1 economist, and 1 environmental engineer — shall be created to investigate the creation of a fourth major airport for the New York City metropolitan area, including finding the ideal site for it, determining if the benefits of constructing it outweigh the high cost, and determining the potential environmental hazards of the hypothetical airport's construction and how to limit them.
2. The following locations shall be recommended to the aformentioned commission as potential sites for a fourth major airport for the New York City metropolitan area:
Stewart International Airport, in New Windsor, NY;Long Island MacArthur Airport, in Ronkonkoma, NY;Hudson Valley Regional Airport, in Wappinger, NY;Morristown Municipal Airport, in Morristown, NJ;An artificial island off the coast of Stamford, CT;A very large floating structure off the coast of Stamford, CT.The commission shall also be allowed to recommend a site outside of the listed six if they find it to be ideal.

SECTION IV — Effective Date
1. This legislation shall take effect immediately.

ZMUN M441:

THE INVOLUNTARY COMMITMENT IS KIDNAPPING ACT

SECTION I — Title
This legislation may be cited as the Involuntary Commitment Is Kidnapping Act.

SECTION II — Cracking Down On Kidnapping
1. Involuntary commitment to a psychiatric hospital, or other similar institution, as a 'treatment' for insanity shall be prohibited in the region of Lincoln.

2. All patients currently being involuntarily held at psychiatric hospitals, or other similar institutions, with the sole exception of those who pose an immediate physical risk to others, in Lincoln shall be released. Those who pose an immediate physical risk to others shall be transferred to jail.

3. The committee created by LGC 9.14 shall investigate cases of physical abuse, sexual abuse, emotional abuse, psychological abuse, and neglect at psychiatric hospitals, and other similar institutions, within Lincoln.

4. Involuntarily committing an insane being to a psychiatric hospital, or other similar institution, shall be considered kidnapping, and prosecuted accordingly. A grandfather clause shall apply to all instances of involuntary commitment perpetrated before this legislation's passing, and within 100 hours of its passing.

5. This legislation shall take effect immediately.

Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon:
Fhtagn and I don't agree on much, but we do here.

NO BIG TECH ADULT DAYCARES ACT

1. No corporation, LLC, or business enterprise that is required under Lincoln law to file and pay a tax on net business income may deduct the cost of luxury fringe benefits provided to employees as a business expense for purposes of calculating net income.

2. For purposes of this act, luxury fringe benefits shall mean any complimentary tangible benefit exceeding $10 per employee per year that an employer provides to an employee that is not necessary for the employee to perform his or her job. Luxury fringe benefits includes complimentary towels, alcohol, mixed beverages, meal services, promotional items, tickets to sporting or other entertainment events, entertainment performances, limousine services, private use motor vehicles, vessels, or aircrafts, cry closets, and crayons and coloring books.

3. This act shall take effect January 1, 2023.

ZMUN M441:

THE BREATHABLE VACCINE ACT

SECTION I — Title
This legislation may be cited as the BREATHABLE Vaccine Act.

SECTION II — BREATHE in the Omicron
1. The region of Lincoln shall spend $100,000,000 of its tax revenue on research into a nasally inhalable vaccine for SARS-CoV-2, and specifically, for the B.1.1.529 ('Omicron') variant.

2. Upon completion of a nasally inhalable vaccine for SARS-CoV-2, and specifically, for the B.1.1.529 ('Omicron') variant, one million (1,000,000) doses of the aformentioned vaccine shall be manufactured, and sent to pharamacies, clinics, and hospitals in every state within Lincoln, apportioned based on their percentage of the region's population. These doses of the inhalable vaccine shall be administered by the pharmacies, clinics, and hospitals as a 'booster' vaccine; vaccination via injection shall also remain available. If both methods of vaccination are available, the pharmacy, clinic, or hospital is strongly encouraged, but not strictly required, to allow the patient to choose which method they prefer.

3. After the rollout of the initial million doses of the inhalable vaccine, more doses shall be manufactured; the number of additional doses shall be up to the manufacturer.

4. This legislation shall take effect immediately.

Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR):

Tax Inclusive Pricing (TIP) Act

Prices for goods and services shall have the total cost to the consumer (taxes/fees/levies/duties) included on the price prominently displayed/advertised.
Businesses may display their pretax price as long as the TIP is clearly marked and the more prominent of the prices.
Penalties for non-compliance will be fall under the existing consumer law for fraud, false advertising and relevant consumer protection laws.

This shall come into effect at the start of the new fiscal year.

Even 'Herr Lebensraum' had the common sense to steal adopt my policy. Normally I don't like poking my nose in other regions affairs. In this case it's I believe all y'all can agree that its time Lincoln caught up to the other regions. I look forward to seeing our friends in Lincoln, join both Fremont, and the great region of the South that is, Dixie, have clear pricing for items.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page