10th Lincoln General Court Legislation Introduction Thread

<< < (8/8)

LAKISYLVANIA:
I might be too late for this session but i'll introduce it anyways.

It's possible the language might not be great, since my knowledge of car / insurance and justice terms aren't great in english (as well as my general knowledge of these kind of stuff, since i'm not a car owner myself).

MORAL SUPPORT FOR OSR ACT

SECTION I — Title
This legislation may be cited as the Moral Support for OSR act

SECTION II - DEALING WITH CAR ACCIDENT INSURANCE
1. In case of a car accident, insurance companies need to fully cover the cost regardless of who is at fault in case of:
a. towing and storing a car
b. rental costs during the time a rental car has to be provided

2. If the owner is not at fault, insurance companies also need to ensure
a. the cost of the repair of a car is fully covered
b. if the car is totalled, a refund will be given

SECTION III - Effective Date
This legislation shall take effect on 1 January 2023.

Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon:

ELECTROSHOCK THERAPY BAN ACT

1. The therapeutic use of electrical stimulation devices for corrective behavioral therapy, including but not limited to the graduated electronic decelerator and the self-injurious behavior inhibiting system is hereby prohibited in Lincoln.

2. The Governor, or a person or NPC of their choosing, is hereby authorized and requested to investigate the Judge Rotenberg Center in Massachusetts for the unlawful violation of constitutional rights.

3. This act shall take effect immediately.

Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon:
Quote from: Laki on December 06, 2022, 12:10:03 AM

Senate Resolution
To amend the Constitution to make the Department of Federal Elections and Registrar General Constitutional Officers.

Be it Resolved in the Atlasian Senate Assembled, that upon ratification by 2/3rds of the Regions, the constitution shall be amended as follows:

The Securing Our Elections Officers Amendment

Section 1: The Departments of Federal Elections and Registrar General

Article IV, Section 4, shall read as follows:

Section 4. Elections Administration
1. The Department of Federal Elections shall exist for the purposes of administering Elections.
2. The Office of Registrar General shall exist for the purposes of maintaining the census list.
3. These two positions may be held simultaneously by the same person.
4. The Senate may regulate these entities through appropriate legislation.
5. Appointments to these positions shall be conducted in accordance with the provisions of Article 4: Section 2, but the President shall remove said occupants of these offices only with the concurrence of a majority of the Senate.

Quote from: Amendment Explanation

This constitutional Amendment moves the origination authority of the Department of Federal Elections and the Registrar General from Presidential Executive Order to the Constitution, thereby eliminating the ability of the President to abolish these entities, assume them, or recombine them with another cabinet office. Further, it grants the Senate the power to regulate these offices through legislation, while restricting the ability of the President to unilaterally fire either the SoFE or the RG.

People's and Region's Senate
Passed 14-1-0-3 in the Atlasian Senate assembled,

Western Democrat, President Pro Tempore

We have to have a vote on this if i understand this correctly?

It goes to referendum immediately. No role for the LGC

Mr. Reactionary:
Quote from: Laki on December 06, 2022, 12:10:03 AM

Senate Resolution
To amend the Constitution to make the Department of Federal Elections and Registrar General Constitutional Officers.

Be it Resolved in the Atlasian Senate Assembled, that upon ratification by 2/3rds of the Regions, the constitution shall be amended as follows:

The Securing Our Elections Officers Amendment

Section 1: The Departments of Federal Elections and Registrar General

Article IV, Section 4, shall read as follows:

Section 4. Elections Administration
1. The Department of Federal Elections shall exist for the purposes of administering Elections.
2. The Office of Registrar General shall exist for the purposes of maintaining the census list.
3. These two positions may be held simultaneously by the same person.
4. The Senate may regulate these entities through appropriate legislation.
5. Appointments to these positions shall be conducted in accordance with the provisions of Article 4: Section 2, but the President shall remove said occupants of these offices only with the concurrence of a majority of the Senate.

Quote from: Amendment Explanation

This constitutional Amendment moves the origination authority of the Department of Federal Elections and the Registrar General from Presidential Executive Order to the Constitution, thereby eliminating the ability of the President to abolish these entities, assume them, or recombine them with another cabinet office. Further, it grants the Senate the power to regulate these offices through legislation, while restricting the ability of the President to unilaterally fire either the SoFE or the RG.

People's and Region's Senate
Passed 14-1-0-3 in the Atlasian Senate assembled,

Western Democrat, President Pro Tempore

We have to have a vote on this if i understand this correctly?

Vote is on the ballot in this weekends elections.

LAKISYLVANIA:
Okay, thanks for explanation. I removed it again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page