NYT/Siena: KS-03 Davids +14, NV-01 Tied, NM-02 Vasquez +1, PA-08 Cartwright +6
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:49:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Senate & House Election Polls
  NYT/Siena: KS-03 Davids +14, NV-01 Tied, NM-02 Vasquez +1, PA-08 Cartwright +6
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: NYT/Siena: KS-03 Davids +14, NV-01 Tied, NM-02 Vasquez +1, PA-08 Cartwright +6  (Read 3381 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2022, 08:10:51 PM »
« edited: October 27, 2022, 08:39:56 PM by Dr Oz Hater »

Democrats should just nominate as many Native candidates as possible. Peltola and Davids (if the polling is accurate) are set to have some of the best over performances of the night.

Also, the NM-02 result is interesting considering Cook just moved that race to Lean R from Tossup. The NYT's live poll in that district back in 2018 pretty much nailed the margin, and it was a much redder district then.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/upshot/elections-poll-ks03-1.html
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2022, 08:39:32 PM »

I wish we'd seen a poll from a competitive seat in CA/NY/OR (or CT-05/RI-02) for comparison. Maybe there is something to the prospect that blue state Republicans are doing well because there's no real risk of abortion restrictions.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2022, 08:46:40 PM »

I either never saw that poll or forgot all about it. If they actually underestimated Davids, then maybe the KS-03 numbers aren't so weird after all, given the swings mentioned above me.

sorry there's a level of wishcasting for my fellow lesbian here
Whoa congrats on being the second person from Mankato to post here! You ever been to shows at the What's Up Lounge? Are The Underground and Blue Bricks still around?
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2022, 09:29:09 PM »

The funny thing is the better than Biden in KS-3 is completely consistent with Olmsted, Lancaster counties in the MN-1 and NE-1 special elections.

Yes, Johnson County following the path of Denver and Washington, D.C. suburbs over the 2010's seems totally plausible IMO.  The abortion referendum could be a strong indication of Kansas/neighboring Plains states getting ready to go left.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2022, 09:44:08 PM »

I'm more shocked than anything that Yvette Herrell is getting so much cross Dem/Biden support despite the fact that she literally voted to deny the 2020 election results lol.

Her favorables are in the tank compared to Vasquez, too, despite him only leading by 1 pt.

I was very confused at the write-up on NYT's website about these polls when I saw them. These are not really indicative of a red wave, or even the R+4 result from their national poll.
Dani Rose
danixander92
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2022, 10:05:31 PM »

I either never saw that poll or forgot all about it. If they actually underestimated Davids, then maybe the KS-03 numbers aren't so weird after all, given the swings mentioned above me.

Whoa congrats on being the second person from Mankato to post here! You ever been to shows at the What's Up Lounge? Are The Underground and Blue Bricks still around?

Thanks for the welcome. Cheesy Yeah, they sure are. I haven't had the pleasure of the first, though; live shows kind of overload the circuits for me a little.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2022, 10:08:23 PM »

Thanks for the welcome. Cheesy Yeah, they sure are. I haven't had the pleasure of the first, though; live shows kind of overload the circuits for me a little.

I do nostalgia day trips to Mankato from time to time, actually did one just about two months ago, but I never really have time to check out those places, and sort of feel like I might be too old for them now anyway since I associate them with the college crowd. Sad to see that my liquor store has closed Sad although there's a very high turnover of businesses near campus and the student apartment complex where I lived.

And as a lesbian ever been to Mettler's? That was totally my place in college, LOL.
Dani Rose
danixander92
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2022, 10:15:07 PM »

I do nostalgia day trips to Mankato from time to time, actually did one just about two months ago, but I never really have time to check out those places, and sort of feel like I might be too old for them now anyway since I associate them with the college crowd. Sad to see that my liquor store has closed Sad although there's a very high turnover of businesses near campus and the student apartment complex where I lived.

And as a lesbian ever been to Mettler's? That was totally my place in college, LOL.

LMFAO those days are over for me now, but I may or may not be familiar, and that's where that sentence ends in the interest of decorum. Tongue
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2022, 08:26:00 AM »

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2022, 08:51:12 AM »

It almost feels like NYT wrote the article mostly before the poll results even came in, tbh.

Either way, what's interesting this cycle is that House polls have generally been very good for Democrats, and seem to be on the "2020 redux-ish" side. But who knows if house polls will be incredibly wrong again.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2022, 08:57:59 AM »

FWIW, their polls of these districts in 2018 were as follows:

NM-02: R+1 (actual result - D+2)
PA-08: D+12 (actual result - D+9)
KS-03: D+9 (actual result - D+10)
Nevada (whole state, didn't poll any house district): R+2 (actual result - D+5)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2022, 10:03:21 AM »

also, it appears that they asked gov/sen questions too? not sure if they're getting released though

Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2022, 11:07:49 PM »

Trust your work Nate Cohn! The media doom and gloom narrative was ridiculous and probably hurt most in NY.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2022, 11:17:45 PM »

Trust your work Nate Cohn! The media doom and gloom narrative was ridiculous and probably hurt most in NY.

NYT/Siena nailed this race both in 2018 and 2022. Pretty crazy
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2022, 11:59:38 PM »

One of those (and there will be many) that will get bumped on Nov. 9.

Hi. Just wondering if you're getting tired of being wrong constantly.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2022, 12:11:21 AM »

I think we might finally never see him again tbh.

Just like IceSpear before him, he was SO overconfident and SO wrong in SUCH a smug, unbearable way this time that he really ruined any chance of ever showing his face around here again without being mocked by a mob.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2022, 01:11:25 AM »

Just like IceSpear before him, he was SO overconfident and SO wrong in SUCH a smug, unbearable way this time that he really ruined any chance of ever showing his face around here again without being mocked by a mob.
We can probably also throw ElectionsGuy and Politician into that category as well.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2022, 01:49:48 AM »

Wait, these were basically all correct? Overshot Cartwright (and Davids slightly), and undershot Titus, but compared to how House polling has been as of late, this is legitimately very impressive.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2022, 07:45:40 AM »

It got bumped, just not for the reason he thought. Smiley
Spectator
United States

« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2022, 07:47:43 AM »

He owned up to how wrong he was. Give him a break.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2022, 09:21:25 AM »

This is it. We're all wrong sometimes on this forum, but a lot of these blue avatars were just so *rude* and *smug* about everything this cycle and had no reason to be.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2022, 09:38:17 AM »

You're remembering IceSpear wrong. He was only really confident about the primary, and only mildly confident about the general. When he came back, he quickly became hated because of a bizarre hatred of the WWC, not because of 2016 overconfidence.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2022, 03:57:14 PM »

The NYT article writing up these polls is even funnier in retrospect. They had a huge story in their hands: Democrats were weathering the storm across the country, and poised to win pivotal swing seats! But they were so blinded by ideology, their hatred of the Democrats, and GOP spin, that they ignored the polls completely, and published the same rote “red tsunami” story everyone else was.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2022, 11:02:54 PM »

You're remembering IceSpear wrong. He was only really confident about the primary, and only mildly confident about the general. When he came back, he quickly became hated because of a bizarre hatred of the WWC, not because of 2016 overconfidence.

He is not talking about 2016. He is talking about 2019 (from which IceSpear has not made a return other than a brief Super Tuesday cameo).
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2022, 01:18:39 PM »

Native Americans do well in H Eday
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to: