CO SEN COEFFICIENT BENNET 50/34
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:13:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Senate & House Election Polls
  CO SEN COEFFICIENT BENNET 50/34
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CO SEN COEFFICIENT BENNET 50/34  (Read 1295 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 27, 2022, 06:22:49 PM »

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1585768986834255872?s=20&t=nC6msi1h8nEJwV7yMM2a3Q

Still a 303 map, not 413 but Beasley and Ryan will win they are moderates
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2022, 06:24:37 PM »

This margin is pretty large, but it speaks well for Bennet he has this kind of margin. The winner of an election *usually* has more outliers leaning their way.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2022, 06:29:25 PM »

This margin is pretty large, but it speaks well for Bennet he has this kind of margin. The winner of an election *usually* has more outliers leaning their way.

I mean, it was that +18 in Wisconsin that probably signaled how it was voting D at all if you think about it.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2022, 06:38:33 PM »

If Bennet actually won by 16 points, we would have a Democratic tsunami on our hands. At any rate, Bennet is in the driver's seat, as he always has been, and I'm still thinking he wins by mid to high single digits.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2022, 06:44:48 PM »

If Bennet actually won by 16 points, we would have a Democratic tsunami on our hands. At any rate, Bennet is in the driver's seat, as he always has been, and I'm still thinking he wins by mid to high single digits.

We’re probably taking about D+6. That means 230 Ds in the house and at least two of Barnes, Beasley, and Ryan makes it.

Realistically, he wins by 10 and about 4-5 in a R+5 year.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2022, 07:19:08 PM »

We’re probably taking about D+6. That means 230 Ds in the house and at least two of Barnes, Beasley, and Ryan makes it.

Realistically, he wins by 10 and about 4-5 in a R+5 year.

Right now it looks like Fetterman makes it and Barnes and or WARNOCK makes it , Fox News has Power Rankings 51/49 D anyways

But I am optimistic still on Ryan, Beasley chance still
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2022, 07:31:08 PM »

Margin is way to wide.. but goes to show how a competent state party can make a difference.

Hopefully Virginia Democrats learn from this again!

Biggest issue I see in Colorado that is consistent and not passive is the environment. That should give Democrats a good buffer most of the time.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2022, 07:34:53 PM »

Very surprising result coming from these guys.
pantsaregood
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2022, 07:46:33 PM »

Pollsters can be ridiculously wrong without any kind of bias. Trafalgar shows all kinds of absolutely absurd polls - sometimes they get one right just by chance of saying "everything is close."

This pollster, however, is truly bizarre. While this margin is likely possible in the right year, this isn't it. This poll makes me think this pollster may be less biased in favor of Republicans and more convinced that they're just bad at polling.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2022, 07:48:19 PM »

Pollsters can be ridiculously wrong without any kind of bias. Trafalgar shows all kinds of absolutely absurd polls - sometimes they get one right just by chance of saying "everything is close."

This pollster, however, is truly bizarre. While this margin is likely possible in the right year, this isn't it. This poll makes me think this pollster may be less biased in favor of Republicans and more convinced that they're just bad at polling.

What is your prediction on CO-Sen?
pantsaregood
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2022, 07:57:34 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2022, 08:04:26 PM by pantsaregood »

What is your prediction on CO-Sen?

"Everyone I know voted for Bennet, so obviously he's going to win 100-0."

Probably high single digits or low double digits. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up looking like Hickenlooper's 2020 election. Things could feasibly get weird here, though.

If I recall correctly, polling actually underestimated Democrats in CO in 2018 and 2020. Even with this in mind, this poll seems absurd.

Trump pointedly attacked O'Dea, which could possibly dampen turnout for him.

Without trying to unskew any polling or assuming what MAGA will do, I'm guessing Bennet wins by around 10 points. Drawing a map where O'Dea actually wins requires some weird stuff to happen in greater Denver.

EDIT: To be clear, my thoughts that the margin will be close to CO-SEN 2020 do not imply that I expect the national environment to match 2020's D+4.5. Colorado has been rapidly trending D and the largely educated electorate may not be particularly elastic.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2022, 09:44:53 PM »

Bennett winning by 16 but poor Murray only winning by 3 in WA lol. We can safely toss co/efficient into the trash.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2022, 10:39:40 PM »

Bennett winning by 16 but poor Murray only winning by 3 in WA lol. We can safely toss co/efficient into the trash.

That's why it's a 303 not 225 or 413 mao, forget Trafalgar they have Walz LOSING
scutosaurus
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2022, 10:53:17 PM »

They're underestimating him. Frankly it's embarrassing if he wins by less than 20
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2022, 12:45:39 AM »

They're underestimating him. Frankly it's embarrassing if he wins by less than 20

Bennet is not going to win by 20 in a year like 2022. Polis will not even win by 20%

I still have a hard time seeing a Democrat winning Colorado by 20%. The votes aren't really there yet.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2022, 08:39:12 AM »

Bennet is not going to win by 20 in a year like 2022. Polis will not even win by 20%

I still have a hard time seeing a Democrat winning Colorado by 20%. The votes aren't really there yet.

I mean, it could happen if Democrats start doing better with soldiers and Kansas-style Republicans.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2022, 08:13:19 AM »

I'm thinking you are off by high single digits.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2022, 08:22:02 PM »

Haha, Polis almost won by 20.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2022, 08:25:10 PM »

Haha, Polis almost won by 20.

Yea, got very close to 20% the other statewide democrats did not, but Polis did. But he did gain a lot of right leaning indies.

But now Colorado is on track to vote to the left of New Jersey in 2024.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2022, 08:36:29 PM »

The irony of Co/efficient's one poll that they somehow nearly nailed being the one that I'm sure was the one that seemed most like a mistake out of their bunch lol
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies