PA: Franklin and Marshall College: Shapiro (D) +23
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:53:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  PA: Franklin and Marshall College: Shapiro (D) +23
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA: Franklin and Marshall College: Shapiro (D) +23  (Read 698 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 26, 2022, 11:43:23 PM »

New Poll: Pennsylvania Governor by Franklin and Marshall College on 2022-10-23

Summary: D: 56%, R: 33%, I: 5%, U: 6%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2022, 12:02:00 AM »

Shapiro won't win by this much, but if he did, I think he would carry Fetterman across the finish line.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2022, 12:08:41 AM »

At best, I think Shapiro can get around Wolf 2018 numbers. I think reaching Rendell 2006 (or surpassing) is impossible with the current political paradigm and climate.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2022, 12:42:06 AM »

We need to shut down the polling industry until we can figure out what the hell is going on.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2022, 12:45:32 AM »

Remember though the GOP is literally campaigning for Shapiro (as a contrast to make Fetterman seem radical).
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2022, 12:51:14 AM »

Remember though the GOP is literally campaigning for Shapiro (as a contrast to make Fetterman seem radical).

And STILL he is not up by 23 points and 18 points more than Fetterman. That is just absurd. Maybe this would be believable in the 90s. MAYBE. Even in the Kentucky gubernatorial race, where I made my name on this site by predicting a Beshear win, it was razor thin and came down to the wire due to polarization that didn't exist even just a few years earlier when his dad destroyed his competition. So yeah, I've seen firsthand how even in red let alone purple states it's possible for gubernatorial candidates to defy political gravity. But it's become increasingly less common and increasingly tight when and if it happens. I have zero doubt Shapiro will win, but there is just no way it's going to be by THIS much and THIS far removed from the Senate results.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2022, 01:00:09 AM »

And STILL he is not up by 23 points and 18 points more than Fetterman. That is just absurd. Maybe this would be believable in the 90s. MAYBE. Even in the Kentucky gubernatorial race, where I made my name on this site by predicting a Beshear win, it was razor thin and came down to the wire due to polarization that didn't exist even just a few years earlier when his dad destroyed his competition. So yeah, I've seen firsthand how even in red let alone purple states it's possible for gubernatorial candidates to defy political gravity. But it's become increasingly less common and increasingly tight when and if it happens. I have zero doubt Shapiro will win, but there is just no way it's going to be by THIS much and THIS far removed from the Senate results.

Oh yeah this was in the 90s Mastriano would be lucky to clear 15% in the primary, and if he somehow did win, and faced a popular attorney general in a swing state, he'd be absolutely destroyed, probably by more than 23%.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2022, 05:11:31 AM »

This would be a hilarious result. I don't think he'll win by that much though.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2022, 06:08:12 AM »

Not happening.  But I've said it before: if Mastriano somehow wins here, I would consider it one of the greatest (and most terrifying) upsets in the history of American elections.

Hell, I just saw my first pro-Mastriano ad on TV yesterday and it was the most milquetoast humdrum political ad ever.  He wasn't even in it, not even an "I'm Doug Mastriano, and I approve..", something that's rather unusual for a non-attack ad Tongue
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2022, 06:42:52 AM »

Holy sh**t hahahahah
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2022, 07:11:49 AM »

Not happening.  But I've said it before: if Mastriano somehow wins here, I would consider it one of the greatest (and most terrifying) upsets in the history of American elections.

Hell, I just saw my first pro-Mastriano ad on TV yesterday and it was the most milquetoast humdrum political ad ever.  He wasn't even in it, not even an "I'm Doug Mastriano, and I approve..", something that's rather unusual for a non-attack ad Tongue
That's a requirement only for ads for federal office, it was added as part of a federal campaign finance law. State offices aren't covered under that law.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2022, 08:21:16 AM »

It's like they aren't even trying anymore
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2022, 09:08:33 AM »

Shapiro may indeed get 56% of the vote. I don't think he'll win by 23 pts. though. Anyways, this race is pretty much Safe D.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2022, 09:11:15 AM »

I don't think Shapiro is winning by 23, but there is precedence in PA to be winning by high double digits. Governors races in PA have been funky - again, just look at Wolf - he won by 11% in 2014, an actual wave red year, and then was able to win by 18% in 2018. Wagner was a bad candidate, but Mastriano is even worse, since Wagner had an actual campaign infrastructure. Just saying it's not impossible/unheard of
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies