YouGov polls Americans on demonic encounters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:26:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  YouGov polls Americans on demonic encounters
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: YouGov polls Americans on demonic encounters  (Read 1378 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 25, 2022, 11:37:29 PM »

vitoNova
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2022, 08:42:42 PM »

Generation Zzzz, fresh-off-the-boat Latins, and those who inherited their wealth = crackheads.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 08:44:13 PM »

u encounter demons every night when u go to sleep, ur home has has another door

they also inhabit the machines, it is important to limit exposure to electronics
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2022, 09:12:50 PM »

I've seen footage of Ronald DeSantis.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2022, 01:57:06 PM »

The lack of a clear partisan gap is honestly kind of heartening.
Xeuma
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: 0.00

P
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2022, 03:30:03 PM »

I find very fascinating that the only clear delimitations are those aged under 44 more likely to answer yes than those over, Hispanics being a little more likely to answer yes, and rich people as well. I have no idea what it means, but its extremely interesting those are the groups. On the other hand, it may be nothing more than these people being more into the astrology and other related stuff.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2022, 03:39:17 PM »

I find very fascinating that the only clear delimitations are those aged under 44 more likely to answer yes than those over, Hispanics being a little more likely to answer yes, and rich people as well. I have no idea what it means, but its extremely interesting those are the groups. On the other hand, it may be nothing more than these people being more into the astrology and other related stuff.

That's probably the case for young people. With Hispanics it might have something to do with Pentecostalism. Rich people I have no idea.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2022, 04:16:17 PM »

That's probably the case for young people. With Hispanics it might have something to do with Pentecostalism. Rich people I have no idea.

My best guess would be that wealthier people are more able to go to church weekly and are therefore more religious and susceptible to demonic encounters.

What I find interesting also is that these numbers are pretty consistent across the regions, with only the Northeast significantly diverting (against) the average number of "yes" respondents.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2022, 05:16:36 PM »

My best guess would be that wealthier people are more able to go to church weekly and are therefore more religious and susceptible to demonic encounters.

What I find interesting also is that these numbers are pretty consistent across the regions, with only the Northeast significantly diverting (against) the average number of "yes" respondents.

Where are you seeing that? I'm seeing the Northeast, Midwest, and South as tied and the West as a bit higher.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2022, 05:22:35 PM »

Where are you seeing that? I'm seeing the Northeast, Midwest, and South as tied and the West as a bit higher.

Sorry, I misspoke. There is a statistically significant higher number of "no" responses in the Northeast than the other regions, which I attribute to higher rates of secularism.

The South and the West are definitely showing numbers contrary to what one might expect, though.
Xeuma
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: 0.00

P
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2022, 11:39:05 PM »

At least in Cleveland (it seems to me), astrology is particularly a phenomenon of upper-class white girls (which is why I'm surprised at the lack of a meaningful sex divide). Then again, I am a product of the Catholic schools and such upper-class white girls are my peers so perhaps its more widespread than I think.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2022, 03:41:54 AM »

Belief in, or openness towards alternative spiritualities amongst a more diverse Gen Z, women and LGBT people (anecdotally and in other polling) is quite a well observed phenomenon.

People gravitate towards spiritual experiences and communities that represent them.
Crackerjack McJohnson
CrackerjackMcJohnson
Rookie
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2022, 10:54:23 AM »

A lot of them were taken care of in Salem so they wouldn't be able to breed.  Which is why the only demons we run into in the Northeast are guys from South Philly.   
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2022, 04:01:24 AM »

Yeah this checks out. I'd bet it would be higher if people weren't afraid of social stigma.

Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2022, 04:30:20 PM »

Are crosstabs all that reliable on a poll of 1000 people?
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2022, 02:36:51 AM »

Are crosstabs all that reliable on a poll of 1000 people?

Basic ones like age, partisanship, and part of the country generally are. It's when one tries to go more granular with, say, middle-income youngish Latina Republicans from the South (has Mayra Flores ever seen a demon? It makes one wonder!), that the statistics start to get wonky.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2022, 02:35:55 PM »

Ron DeSantis exists, after all.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies