Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 11:33:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 458 459 460 [461] 462 463 464 465 466 ... 557
Author Topic: Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread  (Read 307437 times)
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11500 on: November 14, 2022, 12:27:12 PM »

Are there enough absentees still outstanding in the Syracuse area that Conole could still be pushed over the top in NY-22?

It’s one of those races where there’s uncertainty on exactly how much remains and where exactly from, similar to CO-03. I’d rather be Williams but that’s why networks haven’t called it. We know there are at least 8k mail votes outstanding from Ondogna County (Syracuse)

Speaking of Ondogna:

This is remarkably transparent for a NY county.

NY vote counting system got a million times better this cycle. Much faster and more transparent. NY-22 is cursed though cause in 2020 the old NY-22 was also a very drawn out too close too call process but that was Utica County screwing up iirc
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #11501 on: November 14, 2022, 12:27:42 PM »

Looking like about 47% turnout this year, just barely under 2018, and way above 2002-2014 midterms.

DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #11502 on: November 14, 2022, 12:27:58 PM »

NBC projection still on 219-216 GOP control +/- 4. Not sure if they're seeing something differently than us, but they seem to be more bullish on there still being a narrow path for the Dems.

They're just hedging their bets.

That's easily been the most obnoxious thing about the press this election cycle. They've clearly made it their goal to muddy the waters enough that they can take credit (or at least take no blame) regardless of who wins.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #11503 on: November 14, 2022, 12:28:37 PM »

NBC projection still on 219-216 GOP control +/- 4. Not sure if they're seeing something differently than us, but they seem to be more bullish on there still being a narrow path for the Dems.

They're just hedging their bets.

That's easily been the most obnoxious thing about the press this election cycle. They've clearly made it their goal to muddy the waters enough that they can take credit (or at least take no blame) regardless of who wins.

Yep, no better example than Wasserman being dead quiet for most of last week and then suddenly popping back up when it looks like GOP will ultimately win the house.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11504 on: November 14, 2022, 12:29:14 PM »

Looking like about 47% turnout this year, just barely under 2018, and way above 2002-2014 midterms.

We may be celebrating but that’s still awful by international first world country standards
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #11505 on: November 14, 2022, 12:32:13 PM »

Looks like one place where Emerson was pretty good this cycle was Kansas. They had Kelly up about 2-3 in both their polls and she's at +2.1 right now.
Spectator
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11506 on: November 14, 2022, 12:35:09 PM »

Looks like one place where Emerson was pretty good this cycle was Kansas. They had Kelly up about 2-3 in both their polls and she's at +2.1 right now.

Shame she couldn’t get Mann over the finish line.
cg41386
United States

« Reply #11507 on: November 14, 2022, 12:38:53 PM »

Eh, I like Lakshya a lot but there is a LOT of aftermath quarterbacking here, only bc Lake is now on track to lose. Many, many people were convinced that she was running a good campaign and Hobbs was flopping. People are now just backtracking a lot b/c she's not anymore.

Some of us were Hobbs believers from day one Smiley

I mean, she didn't. Kelly is probably carrying her over the finishline. Though I think it wasn't that Hobbs was running a weak campaign, just that Lake was running a very good one.

Oh? How so?
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11508 on: November 14, 2022, 12:39:13 PM »

I do believe my current district will continue to get friendlier to Democrats.

BTW Boebert would have lost under old lines.
Dani Rose
danixander92
United States

« Reply #11509 on: November 14, 2022, 12:46:01 PM »

There's something very satisfying about the leftward shift in some of the cowboy states this year. Bring back the era of the solid blue West!
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #11510 on: November 14, 2022, 12:52:51 PM »

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11511 on: November 14, 2022, 12:54:07 PM »

There's something very satisfying about the leftward shift in some of the cowboy states this year. Bring back the era of the solid blue West!

All we’re missing is Utah, although we might need a Mormon Vatican II.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11512 on: November 14, 2022, 12:57:10 PM »

A lot of colorado transplants are to the left of me.... I expect CO trend to continue. It may become out of reach for the GOP..
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #11513 on: November 14, 2022, 12:57:42 PM »

Thinking out loud about Kennedy's potential run for governor - it would be a fascinating way to (briefly) get the Senate to 52 Democratic seats, since John Bel Edwards would get temporary appointment privileges until a special election. He'd probably pick a fairly conservative Democrat, so it's unlikely the filibuster gets removed, but things could suddenly get very interesting if not.
xavier110
United States
« Reply #11514 on: November 14, 2022, 01:02:08 PM »

Schweikert will win AZ-01. I wonder if he retires before 2024.

Had his primary this year been a two-person race, he probably would have lost. And then if he manages to somehow sneak past a primary again in 2024, he probably loses the general. So why bother?

This is not necessarily a better environment for him than 2024 will be. I think Arizona will be within a few points in 2024 either way. If Trump is nominee then Schweikert may be the underdog, but under other nominees the top of ticket may even win his district.

True. It’s a done deal in a Trump election, IMO. This district is zooming left — Kelly will win it by a margin larger than his statewide margin. The Sinema/Kelly/Biden (now /Hobbs/Fontes) voters are hardening their D lean.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11515 on: November 14, 2022, 01:02:16 PM »

Eh, I like Lakshya a lot but there is a LOT of aftermath quarterbacking here, only bc Lake is now on track to lose. Many, many people were convinced that she was running a good campaign and Hobbs was flopping. People are now just backtracking a lot b/c she's not anymore.

Some of us were Hobbs believers from day one Smiley

I mean, she didn't. Kelly is probably carrying her over the finishline. Though I think it wasn't that Hobbs was running a weak campaign, just that Lake was running a very good one.

Oh? How so?

Publicity
SCNCmod

« Reply #11516 on: November 14, 2022, 01:05:39 PM »

Washington Post has R's leading in current vote count for CA13 & CA22, but still gives Dems "slightly favored" to win.

On the Flip side, they have CA41 & CA45 as R leading the vote count & also "slightly favored to win."

But in all 4, both sides still have a chance to win.
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #11517 on: November 14, 2022, 01:07:34 PM »

Thinking out loud about Kennedy's potential run for governor - it would be a fascinating way to (briefly) get the Senate to 52 Democratic seats, since John Bel Edwards would get temporary appointment privileges until a special election. He'd probably pick a fairly conservative Democrat, so it's unlikely the filibuster gets removed, but things could suddenly get very interesting if not.

Wouldn't Kennedy just make sure to time his resignation from the Senate to line-up exactly with the beginning of his elected gubernatorial term in order to ensure that the appointment of his successor is his to make & not JBE's?
Reactionary Libertarian
ReactionaryLibertarian
United States

« Reply #11518 on: November 14, 2022, 01:10:13 PM »

A lot of colorado transplants are to the left of me.... I expect CO trend to continue. It may become out of reach for the GOP..

“Become”? It already is. The GOP did better in the Illinois governor’s race with a nut on the ballot, and did better against Chuck Schumer in the Senate even though O’Dea is extremely moderate.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #11519 on: November 14, 2022, 01:12:57 PM »

Laxalt has yet to concede...

BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11520 on: November 14, 2022, 01:14:31 PM »

Without a majority in the house it doesn't really matter.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11521 on: November 14, 2022, 01:15:34 PM »

Without a majority in the house it doesn't really matter.
Spectator
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11522 on: November 14, 2022, 01:15:37 PM »

“Become”? It already is. The GOP did better in the Illinois governor’s race with a nut on the ballot, and did better against Chuck Schumer in the Senate even though O’Dea is extremely moderate.

Colorado is basically the California of the Rockies at this point. CO-03 is only a cycle or two removed from the marijuana hippies that are moving there in droves flipping it.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #11523 on: November 14, 2022, 01:17:34 PM »

We may be celebrating but that’s still awful by international first world country standards

Other countries do not have "midterm elections" (with the exception of Argentina and Mexico), so there's no comparison here. In any case, I'm not sure what about this contemporary high-turnout era of American politics has made you think that a heavily politicized populace is an inherently good thing.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #11524 on: November 14, 2022, 01:17:45 PM »

Few states are ever truly out of reach for the minority party, at least in certain statewide contests. Re: JBE, Hogan or Kelly winning governor's offices of otherwise hostile states.

But Colorado now has a 46 - 19 Dem state House majority, a 23 - 12 state Senate majority, and Democrats not only control all the statewide row offices but totally blew out the Governor's race as well. Colorado Republicans are going to be a miserable husk of a party for quite a while, I think. And that will largely apply even if they manage to pull off an upset in a governor's race sometime in the next couple decades.
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 458 459 460 [461] 462 463 464 465 466 ... 557  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies