Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 05:17:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 557
Author Topic: Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread  (Read 301648 times)
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: November 08, 2022, 04:21:00 PM »

SImon Rosenberg is starting to get pessimestic about dem chances, an even worse sign if even the most optimisitic dems are facing the music.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #451 on: November 08, 2022, 04:21:09 PM »

Won’t be long until we get some meltdowns in here over useless exit polls that we tell ourselves every year we aren’t going to look at anymore!
Us on election night before polls close is normal people watching the super bowl if they somehow had a feed an hour early but it only had 10 pixels.
And we wouldn't have it any other way.
oldtimer
Greece

« Reply #452 on: November 08, 2022, 04:21:45 PM »

I wouldn't panic yet. It could very well be a bloodbath for the Democrats, but a lot of Democrats voted by mail and in early voting. You'd suspect e-day voters to be heavily Republican
That's why Republicans were favoured going into Election Day, the Early Vote was way down compared to 2020.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #453 on: November 08, 2022, 04:21:56 PM »

Won’t be long until we get some meltdowns in here over useless exit polls that we tell ourselves every year we aren’t going to look at anymore!
Us on election night before polls close is normal people watching the super bowl if they somehow had a feed an hour early but it only had 10 pixels.

"Either Patrick Mahomes got his helmet knocked off...or it might be a commercial for Dr. Pepper, it's hard to tell."
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #454 on: November 08, 2022, 04:22:39 PM »

I feel like the collapse of the FL State Dem party is really going to be one of those things people talk about for the next 10 years.

We've been talking about it for the past 10 years.

FL Dems have been struggling for some time now. The only surprising part is how quickly the floor is giving way for them.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #455 on: November 08, 2022, 04:22:41 PM »

AZ:

Women - Kelly 100% - Masters 0% - Tommy Pickles 8%

What they normally seem to do with the early exit polls is they pick out something like...

1) "Democrats are winning moderates"

So then you think, "oh, Democrats are winning the swing vote, it will be a good night for them"

And then they say something like...

2) "Republicans are winning independents"

So then you think, "oh, Republicans are winning the swing vote, it will be a good night for them"

It is one of those rituals of the late afternoon on every election day. The contradictory selective carefully curated exit poll tidbits.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #456 on: November 08, 2022, 04:23:58 PM »

I wouldn't panic yet. It could very well be a bloodbath for the Democrats, but a lot of Democrats voted by mail and in early voting. You'd suspect e-day voters to be heavily Republican
That's why Republicans were favoured going into Election Day, the Early Vote was way down compared to 2020.

Was it? I can't speak for other states, but I know SC and GA had record early voting turnout I believe.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #457 on: November 08, 2022, 04:25:13 PM »

Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #458 on: November 08, 2022, 04:25:31 PM »

[/glow][/glow][/glow][/glow][/s][/s][/s]
I feel like the collapse of the FL State Dem party is really going to be one of those things people talk about for the next 10 years.

We've been talking about it for the past 10 years.

FL Dems have been struggling for some time now. The only surprising part is how quickly the floor is giving way for them.

Yah (dammit OSR, now you have ME doing it), I figured they'd at least be able to squeeze a few more years out of the 2018 environment.  
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #459 on: November 08, 2022, 04:25:50 PM »

Me too, Chaz.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #460 on: November 08, 2022, 04:26:03 PM »

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #461 on: November 08, 2022, 04:27:21 PM »

Seeing Indies blow out Dems in representation at the polls is impressive.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #462 on: November 08, 2022, 04:28:03 PM »

Me too, Chaz.

Hmm if she loses.. I would say VA-07 would again be a barn burner race in 2024.

Though I would say Biden and especially Kaine would be favored to carry that district in 2024. On the other hand, Vega could also mesh well in that area.

She wouldn't be nearly Doa like Cao.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #463 on: November 08, 2022, 04:28:29 PM »

Wow!
oldtimer
Greece

« Reply #464 on: November 08, 2022, 04:28:58 PM »

Was it? I can't speak for other states, but I know SC and GA had record early voting turnout I believe.
Overall in America the early vote was down in total numbers compared to 2020.
Now some speculated that was due to Democcrats switching to Election Day voting, but so far it's not happening.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #465 on: November 08, 2022, 04:29:22 PM »

Honestly I'd be sad if Spanberger goes down. She seemed really smart, a good communicator, and sort of realized the direction Dems need to move in long term being able to reject a lot of the unpopular progressive stuff. She has bipartisan appeal but is still clear where she stands on key issues

Also if she survives this cycle, she probably has the seat for a while.

Again, people can say Virginia election day voting looks particularly good or bad for her, we shall see. I think unfortunately for her, the Dale City area is one of the less reliable turnout Dem leaning NOVA suburbs.

At the same time though, at least as of 2020, these exurban GOP counties like Spotsylvania aren't really all that red. Higher turnout there at face value would favor Vega, but not necessarily.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #466 on: November 08, 2022, 04:29:27 PM »

I feel like the collapse of the FL State Dem party is really going to be one of those things people talk about for the next 10 years. The fact Dems are outright behind in Miami Dade already is awful.

It'll be interesting to see how much of Rs gains in Florida is contained to Miami or if Rs also do nuts out of Orlando, Tampa, and Jacksonville.

Yeah this can be brutal. They also seem likely to completely collapse in the state legislature unlike the Rs in the 2018 swing wave states .
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #467 on: November 08, 2022, 04:29:32 PM »

I predicted in another thread a few days back that it was feeling like Dems would do better than expected in the Midwest but worse than expected in the Sun Belt, and it looks like that may be coming true even more than I imagined.  Is it possible Mark Kelly and Ron Johnson both lose?
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #468 on: November 08, 2022, 04:30:22 PM »

Overall in America the early vote was down in total numbers compared to 2020.
Now some speculated that was due to Democcrats switching to Election Day voting, but so far it's not happening.

Ofc it's gonna be down from 2020, no one expects either side to get as many votes as they did nationally in 2020. We also don't have the total EDay numbers yet so it's not clear how EDay does relative to 2020 either.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #469 on: November 08, 2022, 04:30:45 PM »

...She seemed really smart, a good communicator, and sort of realized the direction Dems need to move in long term being able to reject a lot of the unpopular progressive stuff...
*loses*
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #470 on: November 08, 2022, 04:31:03 PM »

I probably should just do something else until the polls close, but I can't help myself.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #471 on: November 08, 2022, 04:32:13 PM »

I feel like the collapse of the FL State Dem party is really going to be one of those things people talk about for the next 10 years. The fact Dems are outright behind in Miami Dade already is awful.

It'll be interesting to see how much of Rs gains in Florida is contained to Miami or if Rs also do nuts out of Orlando, Tampa, and Jacksonville.

Yeah this can be brutal. They also seem likely to completely collapse in the state legislature unlike the Rs in the 2018 swing wave states .

It seems like state legistlautres tend to be under reactive to waves and I think that's for a variety of reasons. Tonight, it doesn't look like Rs will make massive legislative gains in a ton of states, but we shall see.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #472 on: November 08, 2022, 04:33:32 PM »

...She seemed really smart, a good communicator, and sort of realized the direction Dems need to move in long term being able to reject a lot of the unpopular progressive stuff...
*loses*

If she does lose (which is by no means guarenteed or even favored yet), it's probably her being knocked out with the wave. I'm 100% sure she outperforms a generic D.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #473 on: November 08, 2022, 04:34:09 PM »

My heart will be leaping in so much joy when I see all the Demonrats signing up for Psychotherapy after tonight. Reality and realization you need to humble up will be less than 24 hours away!!!!

Demonrats? Bro this forum might not be for you. We do require a brain in order to post.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #474 on: November 08, 2022, 04:34:18 PM »

It seems like state legistlautres tend to be under reactive to waves and I think that's for a variety of reasons. Tonight, it doesn't look like Rs will make massive legislative gains in a ton of states, but we shall see.

The GOP is already close to maxxed in terms of where we can go with state legislatures. Even in a red wave, there just aren't that many vulnerable seats left for us to pick off there.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 557  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies