Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 03:07:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 557
Author Topic: Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread  (Read 306101 times)
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: November 08, 2022, 02:03:29 PM »

Isn't that literally the same guy who in 2017 did the whole "Good for Dems in the morning, very bad for Dems in the middle of the day, Good again for Dems in the evening!" thing?

Come to think of it, there was someone on Twitter (as in more than just some random Tweet... er) who kept saying " exit polls not looking good for Democrats" during the 2017 VA-GOV election. 

This started at like 10 AM.  I'm wondering if this is the same guy. 
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #201 on: November 08, 2022, 02:04:14 PM »

Anecdotal turnout observations: it's a beautiful and amazingly warm (76F) day here in Forsyth County.  I was out with my wife for a while and happened to drive past three local precincts.  Two had half-full parking lots, while the other was nearly empty.  None had visible lines outside their buildings.  My kid in Athens also texted that he and his girlfriend voted this morning and there was no wait.

Aw, GeorgiaModerate Jr.!

But yeah, don't stress yourselves out (or celebrate) prematurely.  Anecdotal reports -- whether from Twitter randoms or established pros -- are just that.  

HST, definitely seems like a mixed bag though today thus far!
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #202 on: November 08, 2022, 02:06:43 PM »

Anecdotal turnout observations: it's a beautiful and amazingly warm (76F) day here in Forsyth County.  I was out with my wife for a while and happened to drive past three local precincts.  Two had half-full parking lots, while the other was nearly empty.  None had visible lines outside their buildings.  My kid in Athens also texted that he and his girlfriend voted this morning and there was no wait.

Aw, GeorgiaModerate Jr.!

But yeah, don't stress yourselves out (or celebrate) prematurely.  Anecdotal reports -- whether from Twitter randoms or established pros -- are just that. 

Definitely been a mixed bag though today thus far!
If you look carefully they have mostly pointed in one direction, can’t wait to see tonight.
win win
dxu8888

« Reply #203 on: November 08, 2022, 02:07:18 PM »

would it surprise you if Rs win 40% of latinos statewide?
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #204 on: November 08, 2022, 02:07:20 PM »

Idk if this is anything representative of the rest of the nation, but E-Day turnout in NYC seems to be quite poor (liberal and largely white parts of Brooklyn to be specific). If Rs hold the statewide NY races close, low NYC turnout will be the reason.

Fun fact; in 2020 if you equalized turnout across congressional districts in NY, Biden would've won the state by over 27% which is pretty significant.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #205 on: November 08, 2022, 02:08:05 PM »

Isn't that literally the same guy who in 2017 did the whole "Good for Dems in the morning, very bad for Dems in the middle of the day, Good again for Dems in the evening!" thing?

I was not referring just to that tweet, but everything I am seeing so far. It could change.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #206 on: November 08, 2022, 02:08:12 PM »

would it surprise you if Rs win 40% of latinos statewide?

In what state. In Florida, it's expected but in a place like NY, it's pretty much impossible
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #207 on: November 08, 2022, 02:08:37 PM »

This shows a huge political shift, honestly maybe comparing this year to 2014 was underselling it.
MRS DONNA SHALALA
cuddlebuns
South Africa

« Reply #208 on: November 08, 2022, 02:09:28 PM »

Aw, GeorgiaModerate Jr.!

But yeah, don't stress yourselves out (or celebrate) prematurely.  Anecdotal reports -- whether from Twitter randoms or established pros -- are just that.  

HST, definitely seems like a mixed bag though today thus far!

GeorgiaMinor
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #209 on: November 08, 2022, 02:09:39 PM »

This shows a huge political shift, honestly maybe comparing this year to 2014 was underselling it.

I just want to say this is Guam which isn't even an official state and is hence very disconnected politically. Also, this dude has no actual voting power which means how voters make their choice is very different.
BenjiG98
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.00, S: -2.26

P P P
« Reply #210 on: November 08, 2022, 02:09:57 PM »

Democrats also flipped a local seat at the same time... so... no. idiot.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #211 on: November 08, 2022, 02:10:08 PM »

As GUAM goes, so goes the nation!
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #212 on: November 08, 2022, 02:10:19 PM »

You're extrapolating national trends from Guam?

You were less obnoxious as a doomer.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #213 on: November 08, 2022, 02:11:32 PM »

Gonna make a twitter account to stay on top of the results. Who should I follow?

Already on my radar: Wasserman, Ralston, Nate Silver, Nate Cohn
Pink Panther

« Reply #214 on: November 08, 2022, 02:11:44 PM »

Yeah, there are definitely massive warning signs for Dems at the moment, but Guam isn't one of them.
Pink Panther

« Reply #215 on: November 08, 2022, 02:12:08 PM »

Gonna make a twitter account to stay on top of the results. Who should I follow?
Wasserman for starters.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #216 on: November 08, 2022, 02:13:44 PM »

I feel like the collapse of the FL State Dem party is really going to be one of those things people talk about for the next 10 years. The fact Dems are outright behind in Miami Dade already is awful.

It'll be interesting to see how much of Rs gains in Florida is contained to Miami or if Rs also do nuts out of Orlando, Tampa, and Jacksonville.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #217 on: November 08, 2022, 02:14:31 PM »

Already on my radar: Wasserman, Ralston, Nate Silver, Nate Cohn

I just made a fake twitter account.

lol
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #218 on: November 08, 2022, 02:14:45 PM »

What I am seeing from my proprietary, confidential sources concerning the lunch vote is that it is looking a lot like a 303 map. Remember, the lunch vote is the key. The morning vote skews R, the late afternoon/evening vote skews D, so it is the lunch vote that is the decisive decider that decides it all, and all signs from the lunch vote are pointing squarely to a 303 map, not a 242 map.

Is this referring to electoral votes or House Seats or what?
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #219 on: November 08, 2022, 02:14:53 PM »

ticket splitting is back baby!!!
Logical

« Reply #220 on: November 08, 2022, 02:15:11 PM »

You're all better off playing video games and getting smashed on your drug of choice until 8PM ET.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #221 on: November 08, 2022, 02:15:51 PM »

What I am seeing from my proprietary, confidential sources concerning the lunch vote is that it is looking a lot like a 303 map. Remember, the lunch vote is the key. The morning vote skews R, the late afternoon/evening vote skews D, so it is the lunch vote that is the decisive decider that decides it all, and all signs from the lunch vote are pointing squarely to a 303 map, not a 242 map.

Is that good for Republicans or Democrats?

Good question. Honestly I struggle sometimes struggle to decipher what it means. However, I rely on the fact that 303 is a larger number than 242, and larger numbers are greater than smaller numbers. And greater also means better. So I take it cautiously as a good sign (for the Dems). It may not mean a winning night per se, but at least looks like better than the worst case scenario could be.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #222 on: November 08, 2022, 02:16:15 PM »

Still at work but from what I gather tonight will be worse than even I thought ?

Turnout in NH is huge, a lot of wards in Manchester past 50% 2018 turnout before noon.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #223 on: November 08, 2022, 02:16:43 PM »

What time do IN/KY results start to roll in? Not talking about polls closing, rather actual results. Probably best for my sanity to set an alarm for that time instead of trying to read the Twitter tea leaves.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #224 on: November 08, 2022, 02:17:41 PM »

It's too unfortunate to live in the wrong time zone to watch this unfolding live without taking the next day off... however, it seems like there's nothing to celebrate either way.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 557  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies