Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:40:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 558
Author Topic: Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread  (Read 266389 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2022, 03:05:55 AM »

Looks like we will be getting state Exit Polls from only a handful of states: AZ, FL, GA, NV, NH, NC, OH, PA, WI, MI, and TX. There will also be a nationwide Exit Poll.

As Awful as Exit Polls can be I miss the days when they polled every state. I can't be the only one who when a states polls close immediately goes to the Exits and backs out who they have winning. Stupid I know but I do it anyway.

Where'd you get that info? No New York exit would be lame as hell.

Yeah, they're really cheap about paying for them these days though.
CanadianDemocrat
Rookie
Canada

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2022, 03:21:48 AM »

Wondering if this election will have better turnout than 2018.

It will be higher than 2018 but lower than 2020, probably the high 50s.

Democrats want high turnout similar to 2018, but not the very high turnout in 2020. In 2018, women and college educated suburbanites turned out, but the MAGAs didn't turnout without Trump on the ballot.

Women and the college educated have higher turnout then the working class, which benefits Democrats in the midterms.
philly09

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2022, 03:27:25 AM »

37% of the 2018 turnout has been made up in the early vote. 122 Million people voted in 2018, so 77 million people have to show up today.  Will new voters add to it?
bilaps
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2022, 05:29:29 AM »

The biggest thing during the day is going to be tracking turnout in Clark. And we'll be able to see partisan breakdown as well.
kelestian
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: 1.48

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2022, 05:39:09 AM »

My first election night (out of 4) when I am rooting for Democrats.
At least Dems should keep control of Senate.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2022, 05:41:42 AM »

Of course they will the 303 EC map followed the Senate not gerrymandering in the H

That's why Obama won in 2012 when Ds had 53/47 Senate and 241RH

Ds can lose the SEN IN 24 BECAUSE OF MT, OH,WVA and Biden can still get reelected because of Casey, STABENOW, Kaine and Sinema
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2022, 06:54:49 AM »

Morning, y'all!

Hope everybody has a lovely election day! Please make sure to go vote! I'm planning to do so in a couple of hours after the coffee has hit (no, the coffee hasn't hit yet, this is non-caffeinated PQG). 
musicblind
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2022, 07:06:33 AM »

any irl turnout updates? if you go vote, let us know what it looked like.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2022, 07:54:35 AM »

Morning, y'all!

Hope everybody has a lovely election day! Please make sure to go vote! I'm planning to do so in a couple of hours after the coffee has hit (no, the coffee hasn't hit yet, this is non-caffeinated PQG). 

Did you decide who to vote for in the Senate race?
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2022, 08:00:39 AM »

Morning, y'all!

Yup! Or at least it's a strong lean at this point. 
Agafin
Cameroon

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2022, 08:13:50 AM »

Morning, y'all!

Lmao, how can you still be "leaning" on the actual ED? Undecided voters truly are something.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2022, 08:16:57 AM »

Morning, y'all!

Lmao, how can you still be "leaning" on the actual ED? Undecided voters truly are something.

You're talking to a girl who melts down when her roommate asks if she wants chocolate or vanilla ice cream. 
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2022, 08:17:43 AM »

Good Morning,

I think this warrants a thread. They are three major races early in the night with a 7pm Eastern Poll closing that can give us a feel for the night early. With the major caveat that mail in votes from prince william county may delay VA-07 results. But sitll, if it this is called for Spanberger or Vega early.. The night is clear.

If Wexton loses.. prepare for 2010 again!

If Luria loses.. that's expected. if she wins, Democrats are doing better than expected
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2022, 08:20:19 AM »

Morning, y'all!

You're talking to a girl who melts down when her roommate asks if she wants chocolate or vanilla ice cream.

That's not chocolate ice cream.  Tongue
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2022, 08:24:06 AM »

I know you said about PWC, but are all these expected to count pretty fast? I feel like in the past Virginia has been red until pretty late in the night before most of the Dem ballots would come in.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2022, 08:27:48 AM »

Exit poll, Univ. of Guam:

Delegate
J. Won Pat (D) 56
J. Moylan (R) 44
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2022, 08:29:42 AM »

Morning, y'all!

If I may ask, who are you leaning towards?

Holding that one close to my chest.  

Back to the results thread: I'm going into mom mode and imploring folks to be kind to each other.  Tensions will run high, but there's no need to be nasty.  If your predictions were spot on, great.  If they were wrong, it's okay.  

As I said in another thread: yes, these elections will have real-world consequences.  Yes, it's stressful.  But take at least a moment to appreciate that in a little under twelve hours, we're gonna have new numbers to play with and obsess over! It's election day in America -- we only get so many of those in our lifetimes!

Looking forward to the festivities tonight! Lezzgo!
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2022, 08:30:23 AM »

Morning, y'all!

If I may ask, who are you leaning towards?

Holding that one close to my chest.  

Back to the results thread: I'm going into mom mode and imploring folks to be kind to each other.  Tensions will run high, but there's no need to be nasty.  If your predictions were spot on, great.  If they were wrong, it's okay.  

As I said in another thread: yes, these elections will have real-world consequences.  Yes, it's stressful.  But take at least a moment to appreciate that in a little under twelve hours, we're gonna have new numbers to play with and obsess over! It's election day in America -- we only get so many of those in our lifetimes!

Looking forward to the festivities tonight! Lezzgo!

Well said!
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2022, 08:34:09 AM »
« Edited: November 08, 2022, 08:40:02 AM by Mr.Phips »

Good Morning,

I think this warrants a thread. They are three major races early in the night with a 7pm Eastern Poll closing that can give us a feel for the night early. With the major caveat that mail in votes from prince william county may delay VA-07 results. But sitll, if it this is called for Spanberger or Vega early.. The night is clear.

If Luria loses.. that's expected. if she wins, Democrats are doing better than expected

I’m not an optimist, but I highly doubt Wexton loses.  She may win by only a couple points, but not even Youngkin could win here.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2022, 08:38:22 AM »

Good Morning,

I’m not optimist, but I highly doubt Wexton loses.  She may win by only a couple points, but not even Youngkin could win here.
Yea, but margins matter in that particular district.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2022, 08:38:43 AM »
« Edited: November 08, 2022, 08:44:36 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

It doesn't matter if we lose these seats in 24 we will win them back Cook is gonna put a 24 ratings map out soon and Tim Kaine is on the ballot in 24 and he is beating Youngkin

Are Ds so anxious about losing 303 seats and we're gonna win them back in 24, sigh, sigh, sigh

NY seats either Kirsten Gillibrand is gonna win by 70/30 of the vote in 24 if we lose any NY  seats, gain them back in 24

If we lose CO 3 Frisch will run again in 24 too against Brobert and Flowers will try again in 24 against Greene she will be more vulnerable in 24

That's why O have my 24 prediction up already
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2022, 08:45:45 AM »

Looks like we will be getting state Exit Polls from only a handful of states: AZ, FL, GA, NV, NH, NC, OH, PA, WI, MI, and TX. There will also be a nationwide Exit Poll.

As Awful as Exit Polls can be I miss the days when they polled every state. I can't be the only one who when a states polls close immediately goes to the Exits and backs out who they have winning. Stupid I know but I do it anyway.

Where'd you get that info? No New York exit would be lame as hell.

Yeah, they're really cheap about paying for them these days though.

I followed the CNN link above and looked under Exit polls, Senate/Governor.
Pink Panther

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2022, 08:49:31 AM »

Waiting for the 2020 election felt like years. Waiting for 2022, on the other hand, felt like six months at best. What a wild wide, and let's make this night worth it.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2022, 08:51:08 AM »

Any word on when the NYT big board will be up?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2022, 09:00:33 AM »

If Spanberger loses she or Bobby Scott can run for Gov in 25 or Tim Kaine run for Gov in 25 while Bobby Scott runs for Senate it depends on what Youngkin does if he runs for Senate Kaine is gonna stay if Youngkin doesn't Bobby Scott can run for Senate
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 558  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies