Opinion of North Carolina Conservative
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:28:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of North Carolina Conservative
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: ...
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 61

Author Topic: Opinion of North Carolina Conservative  (Read 2695 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2022, 05:10:08 PM »

Haley/Ryan, now going by North Carolina Conservative, took his present display name after arguing with me over what conservatism is and is likely meant to imply in standard GOP "you know what" measuring contest fashion that he is more conservative than me. Of course I contend that his brand of conservativism impaled with neoliberal economics and a Wilsonian foreign policy is a considerable deviation from conservative principles (the reasons which I continually articulate) and I stand by that interpretation.

Personally I hold nothing against him, but his one dimensional understanding of politics, political history and so forth leads to any number of bad takes and flawed analysis. When you take your economic philosophy and foreign policy approach straight from the liberal playbook (even if that from 100 years ago in the case of the former) you can be little surprised that he takes the one tangible conservative anchor that he has left to rather extreme ends.

Something that just struck me...the changing definition of "conservative" means that Republicans are hardly conservative when it comes to changing how they define the word "conservative"!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2022, 05:28:55 PM »
« Edited: October 24, 2022, 05:42:15 PM by The Grump Virus »

You think someone who wants to ban trans people from being teachers is a FF?

I don't agree with him on that, but so what?  It's not like he's the only person on earth, or even on the Atlas who believe that.  I don't do automatic HP for one issue like you do.  

If someone wanted to ban Black people from being teachers, you wouldn't automatically designate them an HP?

Save your bullsh**t hypotheticals for someone else  Let me know when someone here says that and we'll talk
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2022, 05:42:21 PM »

Haley/Ryan, now going by North Carolina Conservative, took his present display name after arguing with me over what conservatism is and is likely meant to imply in standard GOP "you know what" measuring contest fashion that he is more conservative than me. Of course I contend that his brand of conservativism impaled with neoliberal economics and a Wilsonian foreign policy is a considerable deviation from conservative principles (the reasons which I continually articulate) and I stand by that interpretation.

Personally I hold nothing against him, but his one dimensional understanding of politics, political history and so forth leads to any number of bad takes and flawed analysis. When you take your economic philosophy and foreign policy approach straight from the liberal playbook (even if that from 100 years ago in the case of the former) you can be little surprised that he takes the one tangible conservative anchor that he has left to rather extreme ends.

Something that just struck me...the changing definition of "conservative" means that Republicans are hardly conservative when it comes to changing how they define the word "conservative"!

To some extent, that is unavoidable:
https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=497585.msg8650214#msg8650214

The problem is when the shifting definition, breaks the underlying objective:
https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=514458.msg8683533#msg8683533
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies