Americans saw ‘most severe’ pay cut in 25 years under Biden (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:02:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Americans saw ‘most severe’ pay cut in 25 years under Biden (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Americans saw ‘most severe’ pay cut in 25 years under Biden  (Read 1493 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« on: October 17, 2022, 12:47:44 PM »

18 consecutive months of falling wages for the working class. On the other hand, the people who vote for the Democratic Party now get cheap international vacations, so no reason for them to jump ship.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2022, 08:24:57 PM »

^ Good calls. In September and December 2021, the opposite was true as "record" corporate profits were still being outstripped by inflation, but in 2022, we definitely see a new trend of corporate profits hitting real records without a peep.

My employer has been kind because they are high turnover enough to understand the new market wage rates to fill a role. However, recruiters now reach out to me trying to fill back-office jobs to backfill for the recently retired and when they brag about how much it pays, it represents a 25 percent drop in wages for me or a 35 percent or higher drop in wages for someone actually qualified to do the work. Typically people are only wooed away by raises in excess of at least that amount. Some very fishy stuff going on industry that can't adjust to the new world.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies