How will climate migration effect states' voting habits? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:42:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  How will climate migration effect states' voting habits? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How will climate migration effect states' voting habits?  (Read 2965 times)
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: October 20, 2022, 08:47:54 PM »

I think overall, Climate Change will move the United States, and especially Europe in a more isolationist direction since foreign climate refugees are going to attempt to go to countries that won't be as badly effected, many of those will be in Europe, North America, and East Asia.

In the United States, I'd expect an almost collapse in Florida's electoral votes between the first major flooding and the next census especially if there is a large death total.

I expect most of the Western United States to see a decrease in population because of the desertification of land. (Definitely later in my life, 2050s-60s.)

I agree with other posters that the Great Lakes region probably has the most to gain from Climate Refugees, though I wouldn't underestimate the Upper South.

I think we'll see a more racial-rightward shift among whites as there is an influx of immigrants of Hispanic, and or African/Afro-Caribbean ethnicity. leading to a more isolationist and nativist approach to global politics, i.e. the weakening of NATO, the EU limiting freedom of movement, and overall rightward shift.

Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2022, 09:18:14 PM »

I think overall, Climate Change will move the United States, and especially Europe in a more isolationist direction since foreign climate refugees are going to attempt to go to countries that won't be as badly effected, many of those will be in Europe, North America, and East Asia.

I want some of whatever you’re smoking, good sir.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens to the West Coast, especially as 21st century urbanism (hopefully) becomes more fleshed out and put into action.

Eh, yea, a good bit of east Asia is a stretch, I stand by the rest.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies