Announcement of candidacy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:26:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Announcement of candidacy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Announcement of candidacy  (Read 2241 times)
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2004, 05:32:21 PM »

But newer voters such as myself, weren't around when Demrepdan was active.  As that old adage goes:  "What have you done for me lately?"

Well, they don't need to win your vote as you aren't in there district Tongue. Wink.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2004, 01:00:44 AM »

Let's review Demrepdan's posting history, shall we?  For the months of May, June, and July:

May: 22 posts, on 3 different days
June: 7 posts, on 4 different days
July (so far): 3 posts, on 2 different days

Demrepdan may have been active in forum politics at one time, but that does not appear to be the case lately.

Hugh, Gustaf, Nym90, I urge you to reconsider your voting decisions.  Vote for a man who takes an active part in the forum.  We should not elect someone to the senate who only checks in here on 3-4 days a month!  The senate is disorganized as it is, and needs active, participating members.

If you are planning to vote for me, I would reccomend PBrunsel as the second-choice vote.  Although PBrunsel and I have very different stances on the issues, he has proven that he would be an active leader in the senate.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2004, 01:08:43 AM »

Let's review Demrepdan's posting history, shall we?  For the months of May, June, and July:

May: 22 posts, on 3 different days
June: 7 posts, on 4 different days
July (so far): 3 posts, on 2 different days

Demrepdan may have been active in forum politics at one time, but that does not appear to be the case lately.

Hugh, Gustaf, Nym90, I urge you to reconsider your voting decisions.  Vote for a man who takes an active part in the forum.  We should not elect someone to the senate who only checks in here on 3-4 days a month!  The senate is disorganized as it is, and needs active, participating members.

If you are planning to vote for me, I would reccomend PBrunsel as the second-choice vote.  Although PBrunsel and I have very different stances on the issues, he has proven that he would be an active leader in the senate.

Fritz brings up a salient point.  This isn't just about parties, this is about electing a senator who's actually going to be an active member of that body.  Demrepdan hasn't exactly shown that that will be the case.  For instance, where has Demrepdan been since the announcement of his candidacy?  We haven't seen much of him.  PBrunsel and Fritz on the other hand have been very active on the forum lately.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies