CO-03 (Center Street PAC): Frisch +5 (lmao)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:54:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Senate & House Election Polls
  CO-03 (Center Street PAC): Frisch +5 (lmao)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: CO-03 (Center Street PAC): Frisch +5 (lmao)  (Read 3875 times)
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2022, 04:59:16 PM »

Sample size of 144 is an 8% MoE.
Which means that Frisch could potentially be leading by as many as 21 points!
Are we looking at an unprecedented blue wave?
swf541

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2022, 05:15:06 PM »

Extreme junk, why are even posting polls here with sub 150 sample sizes?Huh
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2022, 05:21:46 PM »

Maybe some day...
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2022, 07:17:24 PM »

So everyone here can point and laugh at it
swf541

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2022, 11:18:25 PM »

So everyone here can point and laugh at it

That's fair
Suburban Republican
omelott
Israel

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2022, 01:36:12 AM »
« Edited: October 14, 2022, 01:43:00 AM by Tortilla Soup »

I haven't seen a single Adam Frisch sign out here on the Western slope. Lauren Boebert may cause people headaches, but at least she's genuine about what she believes and she puts Western Colorado on the map. I understand Frisch won the Democratic primary out of the belief that a more moderate candidate would be best equipped to take on Boebert, but a transplant from New York who lives in Aspen is not going to win over the hearts and minds of voters in this district.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2022, 05:01:28 AM »

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2022, 08:08:55 AM »

I haven't seen a single Adam Frisch sign out here on the Western slope. Lauren Boebert may cause people headaches, but at least she's genuine about what she believes and she puts Western Colorado on the map. I understand Frisch won the Democratic primary out of the belief that a more moderate candidate would be best equipped to take on Boebert, but a transplant from New York who lives in Aspen is not going to win over the hearts and minds of voters in this district.

Boebert has taken to calling Frisch "Aspen Adam" in her ads. But I didn't know that he was from New York.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2022, 12:19:02 AM »

Boebert has taken to calling Frisch "Aspen Adam" in her ads. But I didn't know that he was from New York.

In addition to this, a man in California has claimed that Frisch had an affair with a woman back in 2017, at a storage facility the man worked at. Frisch was an Aspen City Councilman at the time. Moreover, the man says that he blackmailed Frisch with footage of him and his lover arriving at the facility, getting him to a change a vote on a transportation project which would have threatened his taxi business. The man claims that he doesn't support Boebert, but he thinks Frisch is a scumbag and shouldn't be elected to Congress. Boebert, of course, is now running an ad attacking Frisch for this.
Suburban Republican
omelott
Israel

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2022, 09:04:51 PM »

Mhm. I didn't know he lived in New York until Boebert mentioned it at the club 20 debate a few weeks ago (which, by the way, was a total embarrassment for both candidates). The "Aspen Adam" attach is cheap but it's effective. The resentment people in Western Colorado have towards wealthy liberal ski towns like Aspen (most of whom are transplants from New York and California) is unbelievable, and perhaps stronger than the resentment those same people have towards Denver.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2022, 09:07:30 PM »

Mhm. I didn't know he lived in New York until Boebert mentioned it at the club 20 debate a few weeks ago (which, by the way, was a total embarrassment for both candidates). The "Aspen Adam" attach is cheap but it's effective. The resentment people in Western Colorado have towards wealthy liberal ski towns like Aspen (most of whom are transplants from New York and California) is unbelievable, and perhaps stronger than the resentment those same people have towards Denver.

That doesn't surprise me. I'm sure you've heard the complaints about Colorado "becoming Californicated" thanks to liberal transplants moving here from there. Of course, not all of them are from California, as Frisch demonstrates. And did you see what I posted above about Frisch's alleged affair? In a way, I feel sorry for the voters of CO-03, since they are faced with such two horrific options. If I lived in that district (I live in neighboring CO-05), I would vote third party or leave the race blank. The man who made the allegations about Frisch was right when he said Boebert wasn't too bright and that Frisch was a philandering scumbag.
Suburban Republican
omelott
Israel

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2022, 09:11:05 PM »

In addition to this, a man in California has claimed that Frisch had an affair with a woman back in 2017, at a storage facility the man worked at. Frisch was an Aspen City Councilman at the time. Moreover, the man says that he blackmailed Frisch with footage of him and his lover arriving at the facility, getting him to a change a vote on a transportation project which would have threatened his taxi business. The man claims that he doesn't support Boebert, but he thinks Frisch is a scumbag and shouldn't be elected to Congress. Boebert, of course, is now running an ad attacking Frisch for this.

I heard about this! Here's the link to the Breitbart article for those interested. State Sen. Don Coram from Montrose, who was Boebert's opponent in the Republican primary and later endorsed Frisch, immediately expressed concern over the allegations, which is mentioned at the end of the article, but stopped short of withdrawing his endorsement.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2022, 09:16:03 PM »

I heard about this! Here's the link to the Breitbart article for those interested. State Sen. Don Coram from Montrose, who was Boebert's opponent in the Republican primary and later endorsed Frisch, immediately expressed concern over the allegations, which is mentioned at the end of the article, but stopped short of withdrawing his endorsement.

Coram, interestingly enough, also endorsed Phil Weiser for reelection as AG. He is one of the most moderate Republicans in the state legislature, and certainly would have been better for the district than Boebert or Frisch. I do have a question though. Do you think Republicans have a chance at winning any of the statewide offices? What have you heard about the AG, SoS, and Treasurer races? I heard that Weiser and Kellner were tied in one poll for AG, and that internals supposedly had Sias competitive with Dave Young for Treasurer. I've heard nothing about the Griswold-Anderson race, although Griswold has been blanketing the airwaves recently.
Suburban Republican
omelott
Israel

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2022, 10:13:45 PM »

I see, so the average Western sloper is a useless idiot and shouldnt be voting at all. Well that makes sense. Honestly maybe Dems in Denver should stop helping y’all out with your wildfires. You think climate change is fake? Well enjoy your new fireplace in the living room.

The condescending attitude of liberals like you towards the hardworking people of rural Colorado is part of why reactionaries like Lauren Boebert are are elected in the first place.

Western Colorado has actually gotten more democratic in the past few decades but that growth has been driven almost entirely by liberal ski towns whose residents who are preoccupied with the issues of urban life and know nothing about the issues that concern the lives of people who've lived here for generations. Long are the days when we had Democrats like Joe Salazar who championed water rights and agricultural issues and pledged to defend second amendment rights. How Democrats were able to put Alex Walker on the primary ballot (whose only connection to the district is his Dad's $2 million vacation property in Avon) and Adam Frisch (who we've already established is a wealthy businessman who pretty much bought his way onto the ballot), but then snub a top recruit like Donald Valdez is sad but entirely foreseeable. With Boebert having the unwavering support of the local Republican Party and political extremism worsening, this district is hers to lose for the foreseeable future.
Suburban Republican
omelott
Israel

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2022, 11:40:20 PM »
« Edited: October 16, 2022, 11:45:10 PM by greenchili02 »

Coram, interestingly enough, also endorsed Phil Weiser for reelection as AG. He is one of the most moderate Republicans in the state legislature, and certainly would have been better for the district than Boebert or Frisch. I do have a question though. Do you think Republicans have a chance at winning any of the statewide offices? What have you heard about the AG, SoS, and Treasurer races? I heard that Weiser and Kellner were tied in one poll for AG, and that internals supposedly had Sias competitive with Dave Young for Treasurer. I've heard nothing about the Griswold-Anderson race, although Griswold has been blanketing the airwaves recently.

Jenna Griswold is unquestionably the most controversial democrat running statewide this year. I know a lot of people who feel like she's too transparent about her future political ambitions and has overstepped her role at the expense of the integrity of the SoS office. But I also know people who are fierce defenders of hers. Anderson was the best candidate Republicans could have nominated and has so far run a consistent campaign. The contrast between her and Griswold during the debate couldn't have been clearer. Anderson has also piled up a ton of endorsements from state officials on both sides of the aisle, including that of the Denver Post. Still, Griswold has dominated in fundraising and advertisements. I would not put my money on Anderson, but an upset is definitely a possibility.

Regarding Weiser and Young, Weiser is favored and Young is vulnerable, but both also have massive fundraising advantages like all statewide Democrats. I haven't heard a lot about either of those races.

Currently, my ballot is looking to be Polis, Weiser, Anderson, and Sias (to be a check on Polis). Undecided on Senate but leaning Bennet. Holding my nose and voting for Frisch for Congress.

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2022, 12:05:56 AM »

Jenna Griswold is unquestionably the most controversial democrat running statewide this year. I know a lot of people who feel like she's too transparent about her future political ambitions and has overstepped her role at the expense of the integrity of the SoS office. But I also know people who are fierce defenders of hers. Anderson was the best candidate Republicans could have nominated and has so far run a consistent campaign. The contrast between her and Griswold during the debate couldn't have been clearer. Anderson has also piled up a ton of endorsements from state officials on both sides of the aisle, including that of the Denver Post. Still, Griswold has dominated in fundraising and advertisements. I would not put my money on Anderson, but an upset is definitely a possibility.

Regarding Weiser and Young, Weiser is favored and Young is vulnerable, but both also have massive fundraising advantages like all statewide Democrats. I haven't heard a lot about either of those races.

Currently, my ballot is looking to be Polis, Weiser, Anderson, and Sias (to be a check on Polis). Undecided on Senate but leaning Bennet. Holding my nose and voting for Frisch for Congress.

I read the Denver Post endorsement, and I heard about the mailers controversy. That locks me in for Anderson. I was leaning towards Griswold for a while, but I do think she has been transparently ambitious, and I voted for Wayne Williams over her in 2018. I am definitely locked in for Polis, as I strongly approve of his coronavirus response and of most of his legislative achievements as Governor (aside from the abortion bill). I'm still undecided in the AG race, but I lean towards Weiser, and I'm going to vote for Sias for Treasurer. As for Senate, I'm heavily leaning towards O'Dea, although my prior internship in Bennet's Colorado Springs office makes me hesitate. However, O'Dea is much closer to my political ideology than Bennet is. And I'll be voting for whoever Lamborn's Democratic opponent is, although I voted for him in the primary to stop Dave Williams.
Suburban Republican
omelott
Israel

« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2022, 12:33:15 AM »

I read the Denver Post endorsement, and I heard about the mailers controversy. That locks me in for Anderson. I was leaning towards Griswold for a while, but I do think she has been transparently ambitious, and I voted for Wayne Williams over her in 2018. I am definitely locked in for Polis, as I strongly approve of his coronavirus response and of most of his legislative achievements as Governor (aside from the abortion bill). I'm still undecided in the AG race, but I lean towards Weiser, and I'm going to vote for Sias for Treasurer. As for Senate, I'm heavily leaning towards O'Dea, although my prior internship in Bennet's Colorado Springs office makes me hesitate. However, O'Dea is much closer to my political ideology than Bennet is. And I'll be voting for whoever Lamborn's Democratic opponent is, although I voted for him in the primary to stop Dave Williams.

I was locked in for Anderson right after Tina Peters announced her bid for SoS. I met her back in March and she really is a phenomenal woman who could set an example for the rest of the GOP. Glad to see we're on the same page for a lot of these candidates. Polis has done a fine job as governor but given the direction the state has been headed it seems reasonable to impose some limits on him for a second term.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2022, 12:39:51 AM »

I was locked in for Anderson right after Tina Peters announced her bid for SoS. I met her back in March and she really is a phenomenal woman who could set an example for the rest of the GOP. Glad to see we're on the same page for a lot of these candidates. Polis has done a fine job as governor but given the direction the state has been headed it seems reasonable to impose some limits on him for a second term.

Agreed. As for Weiser, I think he took a decisive role in stepping in to investigate former DA Alonso Payne's office, and to deal with the situation there, and I generally think he's done a competent job as Attorney General, including his work on criminal justice reform. However, I don't support how the fentanyl crisis has been addressed, and I remain wary of the red flag law (which he's defended), which should have included more due process protections. I also don't support his expansive view of abortion rights. That's a race where I'll try and wait to see who the Post endorses. I'm also waiting for the endorsements of the Colorado Springs Independent.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2022, 02:24:17 PM »

I see, so the average Western sloper is a useless idiot and shouldnt be voting at all. Well that makes sense. Honestly maybe Dems in Denver should stop helping y’all out with your wildfires. You think climate change is fake? Well enjoy your new fireplace in the living room.

The condescending attitude of liberals like you towards the hardworking people of rural Colorado is part of why reactionaries like Lauren Boebert are are elected in the first place.

Western Colorado has actually gotten more democratic in the past few decades but that growth has been driven almost entirely by liberal ski towns whose residents who are preoccupied with the issues of urban life and know nothing about the issues that concern the lives of people who've lived here for generations. Long are the days when we had Democrats like Joe Salazar who championed water rights and agricultural issues and pledged to defend second amendment rights. How Democrats were able to put Alex Walker on the primary ballot (whose only connection to the district is his Dad's $2 million vacation property in Avon) and Adam Frisch (who we've already established is a wealthy businessman who pretty much bought his way onto the ballot), but then snub a top recruit like Donald Valdez is sad but entirely foreseeable. With Boebert having the unwavering support of the local Republican Party and political extremism worsening, this district is hers to lose for the foreseeable future.
As an outside observer, what always gets me is the wolves thing. When Colorado Springs votes to the left of Vail, something strange is going on. Complete subversion of how democracy ought to work, and the exact sort of thing that's guaranteed to breed resentment.
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2022, 01:06:31 PM »

What...

the...

hell...
Dani Rose
danixander92
United States

« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2022, 01:07:18 PM »

I wish I lived in the world Center Street is living in.

Good news!
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2022, 01:09:01 PM »

OH NO
Dani Rose
danixander92
United States

« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2022, 01:16:10 PM »

I didn't expect to actually be right about the election going our way, so I'll buy you a soda and the condiment of your choice to wash the hat down. Wink
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2022, 01:31:52 PM »

Respectable poll!
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2022, 01:35:40 PM »