2008:Obama/Kerry vs Romney/Ryan after 8 years of Al Gore
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:06:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008:Obama/Kerry vs Romney/Ryan after 8 years of Al Gore
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2008:Obama/Kerry vs Romney/Ryan after 8 years of Al Gore  (Read 482 times)
Zebulan9003
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 08, 2022, 09:10:27 AM »

Suppose Obama runs in 2008 to stop Joe Lieberman from getting the nomination and succeeds. He convinces Kerry to not run in exchange for making him VP. On the Republican side, Romney wins as McCain is out after losing in 2004 and he picks Paul Ryan to be his VP.

Who wins? Discuss with maps.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2022, 10:52:11 AM »

Obama possibly waits until 2012 or 2016 here, because the odds of winning 5th term for his party are not that high.

Morely likely HRC ends up as the nominee and goes on the lose against Romney. Especially if the Lehman collapse still happens, even a candidate like Romney would win 300+ EVs and the popular vote.
Zebulan9003
Rookie
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2022, 11:23:30 AM »

Obama possibly waits until 2012 or 2016 here, because the odds of winning 5th term for his party are not that high.

Morely likely HRC ends up as the nominee and goes on the lose against Romney. Especially if the Lehman collapse still happens, even a candidate like Romney would win 300+ EVs and the popular vote.
I thought Hillary would have stayed out and endorsed Lieberman, while Obama wouldn't have wanted Lieberman as the nominee.
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2022, 05:07:08 PM »

I doubt Obama runs. He's got a lot to lose running in 2008 after 2 terms of Gore and nothing to gain nor do I think Hillary runs for the very same reason. I think any Democrat with Presidential ambitions would sit 2008 out and clear the field for Lieberman to take the fall against Romney. Hillary would run and win the nomination in 2012 only to, abet narrowly, lose the general election to Romney. 2016 after two terms of Romney would likely be Obama's time, and he'd crush VP Ryan in the general and even with a pandemic would have good odds at being re elected in 2020.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies